Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 07:09 AM

12 posts, read 42,751 times

Advertisements

My family & I currently live in MI and are looking at possibly moving to N. Carolina - Raleigh area this summer. For my husband and myself the job opportunities there are endless. Obviously this is not the only reason for the move, the weather is great, we have heard that the people are friendly and the lifestyle is amazing!! We have two sons - 10 & 13 - both of whom are very athletic - football & soccer - and honor roll students. (Proud mama )

My question is this - Clayton or Apex???
I feel like I have done a ton of research, however I just can't get a feel for the communities being so many miles away. We won't be able to travel down there until either of us gets an interview and then it will basically be "pack-up" and go!

Our family needs to find a place with top rated schools and a travel soccer team for my oldest son (U14). We are going to rent the first year and purchase the second - homes in the $200K range - since we have to wait for our home here to sell and the market is tough.

This is my first time posting and any help that can be offered would be great!! Thanks BUNCHES!!

Last edited by NCarolinaNewB; 06-17-2007 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Need to make additions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 11:39 AM

9 posts, read 24,887 times
Good luck on the move.. We just moved here from Omaha. Apex is nice small town. Not sure about Clayton. I caution you about the schools though. They are kind of a mess. The Wake count district is overcroweded. It was just taken to court by parents because they wanted to make all schools mandatory year round. Kids can get re zoned from year to year which means your school gets changed at which point you have to appeal to stay were you are or pick a school. the best ones are the magnets and they are close to impossible to get into. The schools are no were near the quality of the east coast or Omaha for that matter. Other than that the area is nice and the people are friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary