Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:38 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There is nothing other than my funeral that will get any of the 18 or 19 pin stripe suits out of the back closet. Hopefully by that time the moths will have done their thing and the Admiral will have to bury me in the Brooks Khakis.
She can be mean though...if I go out at the wrong time she will send me off wearing a power tie and tasseled shoes.
OMG. Too funny!!! But that's enough to goad anybody into staying healthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM

69 posts, read 235,870 times
No dress code...business attire, professionalism is highly recommeded! If I wear heels, I usually take a pair of flats just in case I need them, a good Realtors is always prepared.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftLadyKim View Post
No dress code...business attire, professionalism is highly recommeded! If I wear heels, I usually take a pair of flats just in case I need them, a good Realtors is always prepared.
Excellent point.

Personally, I keep a change of clothes at my office - just in case my day changes. There is a "neutral" shirt, tie, slacks and sportcoat - in a garment bag, on the back of my office door.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:01 AM

28 posts, read 156,500 times
Our office requires NO JEANS, no flipflops. The opinion is that if you want someone to think you are a professional, you must look like one. With that in mind, many different situations and people will dictate what you will wear. I agree that you are not going to walk land in heels. Some of our clients may also be turned off by suits. So I think you must use common sense in dressing as a professional and tailor it to the situation.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:23 AM

14 posts, read 32,281 times
My company has no formal dress code, but I would think that all realtors will want to be dressed professionally. Recently one of my sellers had a realtor show up to show their home dressed in "yard work clothes" They called me right away to make sure he was actually a realtor.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Tryin to picture.....Jeans, Boots n cowboy hat.....anything else?
HA! Yes. Occasionally I'll wear a shirt as well. Only if it's not too hot.

Nothing fancy though. It's a much more laid back environment here. I deal with very high end clients too. I've had a lot of them say they're glad that they didn't show up the first time to meet me and see me wearing a suit, as that gives the "salesman" impression, which I'm not. High end clients are very savvy and know what I bring to the table when we first speak, so I'm not worried about impressing them with a suit. It makes them much more comfortable, especially since many of my wealthiest clients show up in shorts and flip-flops.

Of course, this is definitely a regional thing and wouldn't fly in other places.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:11 PM

6 posts, read 22,073 times
It depends on where you are and what you are selling. For me my first meeting is business casual-after that it depends on the client. I have shown a home in ski pants. That is always okay on a powder day in Park City, right?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:44 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in Tollgate View Post
It depends on where you are and what you are selling. For me my first meeting is business casual-after that it depends on the client. I have shown a home in ski pants. That is always okay on a powder day in Park City, right?

Kim I totally agree with first meeting being business casual and then base your attire on your client. It will make your client feel alot more comfortable if he is laid back in jeans, and you are also. I have actually been told this by several clients. Some of them said their last agent was too dressed up and stuffy and made them feel uncomfortable. I can hang ;-)

Old 04-18-2008, 03:18 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in Tollgate View Post
Did the house have a ski rack outside in place of the blue booties?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:27 AM

148 posts, read 585,096 times
I dress business professional if I'm doing a showing, closing, open house, or floor time, and try to dress at least business casual whenever I'm in the office or will likely be meeting with clients I don't know.

If I'm going to be with a particular client, I try to take my cues on dress from them, but still keep it professional, and if I have several meetings in one day I'll take my lead from the most "buttoned down" one.

I'm pretty young, compared to most agents in my area [I'll be 26 next week], and I wear a somewhat unorthodox/punky hairstyle, so I feel that I need to dress up a notch or two in order to be taken seriously by some of the more conservative people I've worked with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals