Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:10 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Nope, I told me that. If RVs bring down values, why not cars?
There really isn't much to be said if you don't see the difference. And I would love to see any kind of evidence to back up your claim. But of course none exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
And I'll ask the question again. What if you own more cars than garage spaces?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,807 times
Quote:
I'll start out with the most glaring examples. Sofas in the front yard and cars parked in the front yard. Now, I've never had to live amongst this.

However, there are more subtle ones that drive me crazy. Here they are: Maybe you'll recognize yourself in some of these and maybe you'll think I'm anal retentive or ultra picky. Don't tell me to live in an HOA just because I have good taste. 1) trash cans in the front yard or left in the street on any other day than trash day 2) cars parked in the drive way. Why park a $30K car in your driveway and store your garage with junk? 3) People who leave their garage doors open. 4) Parking on streets in front of other peoples' houses 5) other peoples' music that you can hear 6) barking dogs that are not taken in when they bark 7) unkempt yards. Ok, that's all I can think of for now.
pretty much everything in my neighborhood. i despise hoa's but they do keep people in line in a sense, would be nice if people could live not like low lifes without a nazi like hoa bossing them around.

i think the garage doors open and cars in driveways in kinda picky people can keep what they want in their garage. i agree though with garbage cans left out days after garbage, trash in yards, furniture in yards, dogs out barking, ghetto people hanging out in the street walkign up and down the street all day pants around their calves no shirts,e tc.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:04 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,689 times
Confederate flags on display anywhere on the property is a pet peeve of mine, for sure. I suppose that is at odds with my earlier statement about freedom of speech, lol, but I am not perfect, and I guess I draw the line at that. I would defend that person's right to display it, though, no matter how much I despise it.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Thanks for putting the home crafted bottle cork clock in the garage v. interior use
What I want to know is.....where did she get all of those corks?

Did she drink that much wine while organizing the garage?

If so, organizing my garage is starting to look more appealing by the minute.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
LOL! The corkboard was originally a dartboard. I bought a bicycle tire and put it in the center to make the clock.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
I'll start out with the most glaring examples. Sofas in the front yard and cars parked in the front yard. Now, I've never had to live amongst this.

However, there are more subtle ones that drive me crazy. Here they are: Maybe you'll recognize yourself in some of these and maybe you'll think I'm anal retentive or ultra picky. Don't tell me to live in an HOA just because I have good taste. 1) trash cans in the front yard or left in the street on any other day than trash day 2) cars parked in the drive way. Why park a $30K car in your driveway and store your garage with junk? 3) People who leave their garage doors open. 4) Parking on streets in front of other peoples' houses 5) other peoples' music that you can hear 6) barking dogs that are not taken in when they bark 7) unkempt yards. Ok, that's all I can think of for now.
Lol! I agree with most except I like to leave my 100k car in the driveway because THAT is why I bought a house with a circular drive with a carport. Plus, I happen to think it looks AWESOME. I think it looks awesome when my neighbor parks his Carrera GT in his driveway. Smokin'!

I think cars parked out on the street are uber-trashy. In fact, it's not allowed overnight in our neighborhood. Neither are trash cans on any day that is not trash day. Neither are unkempt yards...and garages are not allowed to even face the street here (they have to be swings)...maybe you do need to move to where there's an HOA...lol!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:43 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
To answer the original question: Gladys Kravitz.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,648,692 times
I can't stand in apartment buildings, dirty windows and stupid people that tie their curtains in a knot. It looks disgraceful.

They have invented tiebacks.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And I'll ask the question again. What if you own more cars than garage spaces?
Then you just have to park them in the driveway.....neatly, of course.

Most of my neighbors park their cars in their garages.....some do not.....it doesn't bother me. Two neighbors do not even have garages.

One neighbor, right next to me, is guilty of leaving his garbage can out there for days after pick-up.....that does look crappy....but I don't get my knickers in a knot over it.

Which brings up a BIG pet peeve of mine.

Why....OH WHY....do garbage cans have to be that bright, garish blue color?

Why not brown or tan? Then if they are left out.....they wouldn't look so bad.

AND.....why are tarps always that same ugly, bright blue color? They should also be a nice brown or dark tan color.

If I was running things......there would be a law! Manufacturers would not even be allowed to make garbage cans and tarps those ugly colors!

Now......a story.

Many years ago, a lady drove her nice, new, Cadillac through one side of my ditch, over the driveway, and back out through the ditch on the other side.

It was the middle of winter. She took out my corner post fencing and bushes at the end of my driveway. About $1500 damage.

She called a tow truck and was just going to leave me with a pleasant surprise when I woke up. Thankfully, the tow truck driver would not tow her car away until she came up to the house and told me of the damage and gave me her insurance info.....I think it is the law.

Anyway.....the first words out of her mouth were: "I went off the road swerving to avoid that garbage can in the road." I told her that was too bad, go talk to my neighbor....it is his garbage can....not mine.

BTW.....her Cadillac was totalled.....the ditches in front of my house are very deep.

Could you be held liable if your empty garbage can blows out into the road and causes an accident? I don't know....but it is something to think about.

Mowing that ditch is a huge PIA, the older I get, the harder it gets for me to do it. One of these days I am going to have to get it covered over.....the only downside.....losing the protection that ditch gives to my yard and home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate