Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,689 times

Advertisements

Irony at its best.

I have generally found that people who feel the need to brag about their "expensive" cars and such are compensating for the lack of something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Irony at its best.

I have generally found that people who feel the need to brag about their "expensive" cars and such are compensating for the lack of something...
Who's bragging?
The point is it doesn't matter how expensive (or not expensive) the car is relative to your garage stuff. If you want it in your driveway, that's your business.

Oh, and the 'compensating' argument. What else is in your bag o' cliches?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 AM

553 posts, read 1,027,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I think Dressy and the OP should be neighbors, on a remote island with no other inhabitants. That would make them happy (and probably their neighbors, as well). I am not trying to sound mean at all, just realistic. When such extremely petty things get someone's knickers twisted, it must be a tough existence. The only thing i can think of to ameliorate the situation is remote living.
Your front yard won't look any less trashy if I move. And thejunk that you have stuffed your garage with will not dissappear. So, do not blame the OP and me for that.
And do not worry about my happiness. Better think about your neighbors.
I am not causing my neighbors any discomfort. I am only sharing my oppinion on this board, that I find some things trashy and not visually appealing. Sorry if it insults your own understanding of beauty and aesthetics. And sorry I do not appreciate the look of your honda from the street.

Last edited by Dressy; 08-29-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 08-29-2011, 02:28 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,014 times
I had the same thing happen with a neighbor throwing trash on my yard. I got really angry because I felt it was done purposely because I am always working on the yard. Got in a big argument about it. Finally stopped.

My two neighbors have a total of 13 cars for two houses. It is a very narrow street and they take up everybody elses parking in front of their house. I know it's "public parking" but it's still not right for people to inconvenience others because you have so many people living there and have so many cars. Why should we or my guests have to park a block away from my own house?

Another pet peeve is when neighbors have rude family or guests over who show no respect for you or where you live. I have had a few times where the men will be hanging outside drinking and being loud. When I go to my car they will try to "stare me down" acting tough.

I was in my backyard and they kept looking over the wall staring at me till I told them "what's up? can i help you?." They finally stopped staring. Going to be moving soon, can't wait to get out of here.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:56 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,793 times
Neighbors with dogs that bark all day and most of the night. Obvious fake flowers stuck in the ground around the mailbox and in hanging baskets.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:30 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,114,585 times
Personally, what makes a neighborhood trashy to me are my neighbors.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 PM

445 posts, read 1,605,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And I'll ask the question again. What if you own more cars than garage spaces?
Make them take turns - nothing worse than a bratty car !!! Those always bring down property values...

Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Another question for the people who don't like cars in the driveway or street. What happens when you have visitors over? Where do they park?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
It is also extremely amusing when people say they don't want to live in a Nazi HOA and then go on to list all the things they don't want their neighbors doing.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:58 PM

445 posts, read 1,605,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
The cop should have arrested her for disturbing the peace. Now she'll only be worse.
Cops taking the easy way out?? I am shocked !!!- I would have told the cop NO I am not breaking any law She can go fu.. herself and then get a life....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate