Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:02 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times

Advertisements

You say you can't see it when the fence is up?
I would finish fixing my fence and ignore it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Just don't take it out on the dog please. This is purely an issue with the owner.
What in my original post would give reason to believe I would take it out on the dogs? Did I not say I have two dogs of my own?

Old 06-16-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Ignoring it is difficult now after stepping in it twice......plus I cant just ignore them letting the dogs crap freely and not picking it up.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:03 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times
If you have an "easement" you don't own the property, someone else does. So the dog isn't pooping on your land. An easement just gives you a legal right to use another's property (usually just for a very limited purpose, such as accessing your land) not ownership.

You need to figure this out before you start flinging poo.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:57 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Depends on type of easement...
Easement legal definition of easement

In our area people letting their dogs poop on the property without permission is 'trespassing'.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:42 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
What about the smell?

Fence won't help that

Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 AM

36 posts, read 25,046 times
I detest inconsiderate dog owners.

You say that they came out once and cleaned up after their dog when they know you saw them. They KNOW their dogs are defecating on someone's property and just don't care.

I would have no problem leaving their dog poop on their front steps, porch or in their driveway.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
If you have an "easement" you don't own the property, someone else does. So the dog isn't pooping on your land. An easement just gives you a legal right to use another's property (usually just for a very limited purpose, such as accessing your land) not ownership.

You need to figure this out before you start flinging poo.
Honestly...I am trying to be patient here but I really wish people would read the original post carefully. Read the first paragraph again! As I stated, the easement splits both of our properties. It is clearly marked on the county surveyors map and I had the property surveyed again before having a wall built.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargoman View Post
Ignoring it is difficult now after stepping in it twice......plus I cant just ignore them letting the dogs crap freely and not picking it up.
I may have misunderstood
You said you only realized it was there when you were repairing your fence
I assume when the fence is fixed you won't be able to see it anymore?

Old 06-17-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I may have misunderstood
You said you only realized it was there when you were repairing your fence
I assume when the fence is fixed you won't be able to see it anymore?
Not really. I actually see it when I pull in and out of my driveway. It is at a distance and you would not know what it was from the end of my driveway. But now that I know what it is it seems more..."glaring"

Granted it may not be a "pressing' issue for me....but the two undeveloped lots behind us were just sold so when they finally build houses there and two more neighbors are driving up and down the easement there will be some more irked folks, especially if the treads of their tires are constantly filled with crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate