Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 01:51 PM

43,296 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasters View Post
Yes, and the more you know about the seller's position, the better. Information is king!
The OP is vigorously declining to access any information that may offer her any advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 02:11 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
well it's up to the op. the quality of advice she get's here will be proportionate to the info she gives us. If she chooses not to attempt to access more info then we've done our best for the situation as it stands.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:41 PM

718 posts, read 599,519 times
I'm not vigorously declining to know anything. Just viewed the property with the owner present (ugh). Needs updating, not worth what she paid for it and she's looking for a 3 bedroom in the same area. Says she needs more room.

I'm not making an offer, it would be insulting. The end.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:52 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,401,706 times
That was a weird thread. I've never seen someone fight so hard against asking a question that any other buyer would ask.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:13 PM

Original post was never about "why"..... then again, you may not have read it.

All these keyboard warriors.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,458 times
Don't worry about making offers that would be "insulting". It's not your job to ensure that people aren't offended by your assessment of their property's value.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:22 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
I'm not vigorously declining to know anything. Just viewed the property with the owner present (ugh). Needs updating, not worth what she paid for it and she's looking for a 3 bedroom in the same area. Says she needs more room.

I'm not making an offer, it would be insulting. The end.
It's totally your prerogative.

I will say I bought a condo that was priced higher than I wanted to pay. I sent an offer that you Would call insulting. It was 75% if the asking price. My realtor said it would not be accepted.

The next day she emailed me saying congratulations, I just bought a condo as the offer was accepted.

I got a very good deal because I wasn't worried about the seller plus I also asked questions that others might not have and knew the sellers motivations for selling.

Yes, some of us keyboard warriors actually know what we are doing.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:17 AM

43,296 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post

Agreed. Always the prerogative of the consumer whether to negotiate or not.
Some people are just not comfortable with negotiating prices.
That's why we have places like CarMax, with set prices and no haggling.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post

I will say I bought a condo that was priced higher than I wanted to pay. I sent an offer that you Would call insulting. It was 75% if the asking price. My realtor said it would not be accepted.

The next day she emailed me saying congratulations, I just bought a condo as the offer was accepted.

I got a very good deal because I wasn't worried about the seller plus I also asked questions that others might not have and knew the sellers motivations for selling.

Yes, some of us keyboard warriors actually know what we are doing.
Congratulations on the great buy! Was it in a seller's market or buyer's market?

Old 04-04-2018, 05:02 AM

I'm more than good with negotiating. What I've noticed on CD, especially in this sub forum, is realtors giving their advise and then trying to insult the OP for not taking the advise given here or by the OP's agent, it's effing rude.

My agents thoughts on this were that the seller would not take less than $140K. I'm aware I can tell my agent to make up an offer regardless of their advise. After a good night's rest, I've come up with an offer based on the facts the sellers needs a larger space and I do not have a property to sell and have time.

Now, will the response be "you need a better agent."

Last edited by photogal9; 04-04-2018 at 06:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate