Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 05:17 PM

718 posts, read 599,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
obviously no one would go over list price in a vacuum of zero competition aka other offers. I've told people in the past "we shouldn't dilly dally around, this house is underpriced. Don't try and start too low and drag this out, cause you're risking the chance of someone else coming along that also realizes it's under-priced."

But I've neverr said "Aww this poor Seller has such a terrible agent. You should pay him 110K, cause you're STILL coming out better than him."
That's exactly what I would expect and accept from my agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 05:34 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,504,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
????
Is the story untrue?
Let me handle that one for you.
No. It is true.

Would you be better served in your naivete and lack of experience if I related fabricated stories of great success getting houses under contract in multiple offer situations with offers at 20% below list price?
I think not.
I would leave that game to others, who probably have no experience in real estate transactions in a difficult-for-buyers' market.

Would it help you in your aggressive naivete if I told you that I talked the couple bringing the van back into NOT offering $10,000 over list, but to offer list with $10,000 in CC credit from the owners, which was accepted?

I recognize that that doesn't nestle comfortably with the banality and speciousness of your input, but it also is true.

LOL. Somebody had their jimmies rustled so bad they had to break out the thesaurus. I'm not sure what's more impressive: your ability to search dictionary.com or your hilarious fairy tales.

It's ok that your profession lies to sell houses. Politicians and lawyers do it all the time too and we know how much they are loved.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post

LOL. Somebody had their jimmies rustled so bad they had to break out the thesaurus. I'm not sure what's more impressive: your ability to search dictionary.com or your hilarious fairy tales.

It's ok that your profession lies to sell houses. Politicians and lawyers do it all the time too and we know how much they are loved.
As we say in NC: "Isn't that special?"

So, you aren't here to contribute anything intelligent based in value or integrity?
Noted.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:21 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post

I don't think it's fair to lump all realtors as being a certain way. Just like it isn't right to lump all one race into one category.
One of my ex friends was a realtor who was known to bend the truth was a slimeball. Even after doing 4.5 million of business with him he still burned me. I dropped him and he lost out on the next 2.2 million in business I did.
My last realtor did a phenominal job in helping me search and buy a house. She was honest and wasn't out for the dollar, just wanted to make sure I got what I wanted and in the end she got a well deserved commission.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I don't think it's fair to lump all realtors as being a certain way. Just like it isn't right to lump all one race into one category.
One of my ex friends was a realtor who was known to bend the truth was a slimeball. Even after doing 4.5 million of business with him he still burned me. I dropped him and he lost out on the next 2.2 million in business I did.
My last realtor did a phenominal job in helping me search and buy a house. She was honest and wasn't out for the dollar, just wanted to make sure I got what I wanted and in the end she got a well deserved commission.
it's generally pretty apparent when someone has limited experience with buying and selling homes, but chooses to slam another profession.

I'm sorry your old agent let you down, but happy that you've found another good one.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:57 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Senor View Post
I think we’ll see aome plateauing here soon, as interest rates creep upwards.

We’re nowhere need the no-doc loans and credit default swaps that fueled the last crash. No where near.
The average 30 year mortgage hit 5% this week. People will be squeezed by interest with each subsequent increase. I expect home prices to level off in most markets.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:36 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Most of us don't buy a property (I'm a family rearing suburban wrangler, not a glamorized HGTV flipper) as a financial instrument... So, by and large, it doesn't really matter if we come to the conclusion that it is "the cusp of another real estate crash". Why? Because I need a place to raise a family and rents continue to keep up (or outpace) housing values. The math isn't hard.

and frankly, I don't mind calling BS when it's BS, but beating up the good agents over the bad agents doesn't seem productive to me. Do they deserve it? Maybe lol (j/k). I have my share of issues with the overall business model and the circus around the emotional decision tied to the biggest purchase you will ever make in your life (until you "trade up" that is).

Don't hate the player - hate the game.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:51 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
The upcoming repeal of Dodd Frank, rolling back the controls put on lenders after the last real estate crash is disturbing. My crystal ball says look for a short term spike due to hinky loans, then the inevitable crash as the defaults/foreclosures start.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:53 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The upcoming repeal of Dodd Frank, rolling back the controls put on lenders after the last real estate crash is disturbing. My crystal ball says look for a short term spike due to hinky loans, then the inevitable crash as the defaults/foreclosures start.
You're trying to mash many, many factors that impact housing into a single legislative act and arrive at a conclusion based on that... meanwhile as far as I know, they intend to take out parts of Dodd Frank, not necessarily the whole thing.

So I cannot say that what you state here ("rolling back the controls put on lenders") is actually true - or if what you prophesize will come true. Then again, a crystal ball is a crystal ball - it doesn't require logic and facts to back-up what you see. So... yah - rock on.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:53 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,142,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Do you know the specifics on what might be changing or do just go by the headlines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate