Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 11:29 AM

54 posts, read 31,356 times

Advertisements

I have ready flood policy from 8/9/19 in docusign the agent told me then that i dont need to wait 30 days its start in same moment the question if ill pay in the company website today and send them the policy number and the recipt ill be covered? The agenct is closed due to the hurricane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 12:19 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Why did you sign a document for coverage and not pay?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:27 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,157,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B555 View Post
I have ready flood policy from 8/9/19 in docusign the agent told me then that i dont need to wait 30 days its start in same moment the question if ill pay in the company website today and send them the policy number and the recipt ill be covered? The agenct is closed due to the hurricane
You're going to try and make this make more sense:

Is this for a new home closing?
Is it a private paper or NFIP policy?

If you don't have a policy number, you won't be able to pay the carrier directly. Are you sure it's not already bound and that you haven't paid for it?

If it's unbound, no, you are completely out of luck. Universally, carriers prohibit binding of weather-related catastrophe policies in an area under a current watch or warning.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:20 PM

289 posts, read 224,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B555 View Post
Help the house is in fire, I need to bind my homeowners policy! Where do these idiots come from?

Old 09-02-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokaneinvestor View Post
Help the house is in fire, I need to bind my homeowners policy! Where do these idiots come from?
This had nothing to do or contribute to the original question posed. What value did you seek to find in your response?

Incidentally, the wild misunderstandings about flood, earthquake, etc. coverage is what led to this. Perhaps name calling isn't the best option to take first.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:47 PM

289 posts, read 224,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
This had nothing to do or contribute to the original question posed. What value did you seek to find in your response?

Incidentally, the wild misunderstandings about flood, earthquake, etc. coverage is what led to this. Perhaps name calling isn't the best option to take first.
See last paragraph of response #3 .. using fire insurance as an analogy.

Last edited by Spokaneinvestor; 09-02-2019 at 05:59 PM..

Old 09-02-2019, 05:51 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
we cannot understand the exact question asked by this original post.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:57 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times
I think he is trying to ask if he pays for the flood insurance now , can he give his agent the policy number. Flood insurance is thru the federal government normally. Anyway if a hurricane is coming you wont be able to get a policy to cover it. Once its a states hurricane coming to your area no policy can be issued. You will have to wait and pray. Get insurance after this hurricane there is still plenty of time for another hurricane. Hurricane season doesn't end until October.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I think he is trying to ask if he pays for the flood insurance now , can he give his agent the policy number. Flood insurance is thru the federal government normally. Anyway if a hurricane is coming you wont be able to get a policy to cover it. Once its a states hurricane coming to your area no policy can be issued. You will have to wait and pray. Get insurance after this hurricane there is still plenty of time for another hurricane. Hurricane season doesn't end until October.
Again. There is no policy number or way for the insured to make a direct payment to NFIP without an agent’s involvement.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:45 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Flood insurance does require a 30 day wait period once the policy has been purchased, unless you meet one of the exceptions, such as:

If the initial purchase of flood insurance is in connection with the making, increasing, extending, or renewing of a loan, there is no waiting period. The coverage becomes effective at the time of the loan, provided the application and presentment of premium are made at or prior to loan closing.

If the initial purchase of flood insurance is made during the 13-month period following the revision or update of a Flood Insurance Rate Map for the community, there is a 1-day waiting period.

No clue as to whether the OP criteria meets one of the exceptions. If the OP was merely freaking out over Dorian and looking for instant flood insurance coverage, it's extremely doubtful that would happen as FEMA normally does require the 30 day waiting period for national flood insurance for just that reason.

Perhaps the OP was purchasing private flood insurance? Even that usually has a 10 - 14 day waiting period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate