Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 01:28 PM

3,446 posts, read 2,832,059 times

Advertisements

Oh no. Bummer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 01:54 PM

5,297 posts, read 5,252,709 times
Oh that cant be good. Hopefully theres a backup plan.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:49 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,925,360 times
Love the architectural features. Really enjoyed this particular view tour with the movement and periodic notations. Hadn't seen this type tour before.

It looks beautiful. I can see the brown in a bedroom or the commode being a bit of an issue for some people although it isn't hard to paint and a new sink and commode set up isn't all that hard...could take it off the price if they wanted to. How is your agent being on this...checks with buyer's agents afterwards, notes possibility of some flex etc?

What's going on in the very long back yard behind your house? Your lot is unusually shaped but looks like every lot can see into each others at some point and yours looks pretty large. I see you have trees behind your house so the lot behind may be hidden. Wondering about that long driveway and very large second garage building and if there may be dirt biking there? Any noise issue?

Old 10-04-2019, 03:23 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,161,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Yes, but per Redfin, this should explain that:

"Contingent - Inspection" on 9/25/19

"Relisted" on 10/3/19
I wonder what could have possibly been bad enough to kill the deal on a 14 year old house?

Old 10-04-2019, 03:54 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,147,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
I wonder what could have possibly been bad enough to kill the deal on a 14 year old house?
A lot of people think of a 14-year-old house as "not that old." And in the grand scheme of things it's not. But....

There are a lot of builders out there throwing up houses without a real care for quality. This was even more true in 2005 near the height of the bubble when this house was built. Plus, if everything in the house is original, a lot of major systems are nearing end-of-life, especially HVAC and appliances. Roof could be an issue as well depending on quality of original construction and quality of any potential repairs that may have been done.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:19 PM

10,986 posts, read 22,023,844 times
Quote:
Finances. Cold feet. Unexpected life change (death/divorce/job loss/etc). 14 year AC or 14 year old roof w/ a 15 year 3 tab shingle. You get the idea.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Finances. Cold feet. Unexpected life change (death/divorce/job loss/etc). 14 year AC or 14 year old roof w/ a 15 year 3 tab shingle. You get the idea.
Yeah. I guess. That place certainly looked pretty well maintained, and average roof life in that area is well over 25 years (at least for roof claim stats, which are fairly indicative).

Old 10-05-2019, 10:28 AM

34 posts, read 27,492 times
Quote:
Yeah. I guess. That place certainly looked pretty well maintained, and average roof life in that area is well over 25 years (at least for roof claim stats, which are fairly indicative).
Roof is still in good shape and original to my knowledge. Hvac is all 4 years or newer. We’re addressing the item that caused the buyer to back out but they were finicky to begin with I’m told. Didn’t even ask us to fix the issue just backed out. Have had 2 contractors out to look at the issue, said it was really a very minor fix and I’ll be addressing it within the next 2 weeks. Less than a day’s work.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan4life87 View Post
Roof is still in good shape and original to my knowledge. Hvac is all 4 years or newer. We’re addressing the item that caused the buyer to back out but they were finicky to begin with I’m told. Didn’t even ask us to fix the issue just backed out. Have had 2 contractors out to look at the issue, said it was really a very minor fix and I’ll be addressing it within the next 2 weeks. Less than a day’s work.
Man, Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next one won't be as much of a flight risk.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:41 PM

4,855 posts, read 3,660,875 times
Well I guess I'm pretty impatient. Been four days on the market for our home with only one showing.

I am in TX and I thought this was a hot market. I think there is WAY too my inventory. Housing listed for 3-6 weeks with no offers.

Middle class neighborhood...I think our house is overpriced. Very depressed about it as our offer for new house in WA was accepted and here we sit.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...x=TX2706136284
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate