Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 02:46 PM

20,067 posts, read 9,597,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
We sold our home last week.

The instant we listed, the Zestimate matched our asking price. The day we sold, the Zestimate matched our sold price. Both of those numbers were higher than the Zestimate we had prior to listing.

I don't have a lot of faith in Zestimates.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!!

The same thing happened to us in reverse. We listed our house about $20k lower than the Zillow estimate, the "comps" price, and what our agent said we should list it for. However, as we had gotten "burned" before and we NEEDED to sell, we decided on a lower price. Well, as I said, after the house sold (in just two days!), the Zillow estimate dropped to match our listed price!

As has been said over and over and over again, Zillow simply cannot be trusted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 03:20 AM

9,889 posts, read 11,830,182 times
If we go to Redfin

https://www.redfin.com/neighborhood/...housing-market

We find that average home prices have declined in value by 11.3 percent over a year ago. And it shows price per square foot has gone down to $206 per square foot down 3% from last year.

Zillow predicts prices will fall 3.5% over next year. Median List Price is $189 per square foot on their site. Average days on market on Zillow is 70 which says that your home on the market for 10 days with 4 showings is doing quite good to get that much activity.

https://www.zillow.com/webster-groves-mo/home-values/

These factors say Webster Groves is not only not a hot selling market, but values are going down not up which says it is a slow market, resulting in declining prices though doing better than the metro area as a whole.

Take these factors into consideration, along with the faults at the current time as pointed out by poster after poster, and your home is not going to be a hot seller if it can even be sold at anywhere near your asking price.

Go to https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...ster-Groves_MO

When searching for homes, most people will go to Realtor.Com.

When you do, you find in your price range, a number of homes that will match or exceed your home in what people are looking for.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:21 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,281,770 times
Terrible quality pictures. Make sure the landscape in front is cleaned up. Compact those shrubs so they don't swamp the front. Mow and fertilize the grass.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:23 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,168,114 times
Looks like the OP made some of the suggested changes. I don't see the black wall in the bathroom, for instance. OP: Lose picture #25 (on Zillow) that shows your Sanford & Son neighbors. If you need to show the deck, take a photo of it from another angle.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:51 AM

5,303 posts, read 5,272,305 times
Just looked at this house, and I see several issues. One, is the over sized lot. Its long and skinny, and Im not sure how advantageous that really is. Lots of ground to take care of. The other is that all the houses directly across the street are on smaller lots, and are about $100k less. That, plus the shared driveway and the house next door (is that a multi family home?). Just the general area would keep me from even getting out of my car.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:16 PM

8,101 posts, read 10,149,622 times
Nice house. A mix of styles, but the shape/bones suggest Craftsman.

Covering up all the wood with white paint is not in keeping with the style. Nor is the front door, which could easily be changed for $1,000 or so with a good quality wood door.

But it is what it is. Neighborhood might be pulling you down? Didn't read the whole thread. Yard is a little shabby....run around it with a weed whacker to tidy up near buildings, etc. Like the garage--so what it if is not attached. Paint in BR's is wild. I wouldn't normally suggest this, but this house might be worth staging to give it some definition and character.

Be patient. You have a nice place and it will sell when it will sell. Don't get into the "cut the price" rat race until you have a buyer. THEN you negotiate price.

Good luck.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:59 PM

5,303 posts, read 5,272,305 times
Interestingly, this house is still for sale in a "hot" market. I dont see any change with the pictures, or any updates that were suggested here.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:33 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,156,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Interestingly, this house is still for sale in a "hot" market. I dont see any change with the pictures, or any updates that were suggested here.
I just looked at the house, it's nice from the outside, but plain with garish walls in some of the rooms. Painting those walls a neutral would be a big help. A little staging wouldn't hurt either. I hope for his sake, he's since changed realtors.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:50 PM

7,101 posts, read 6,026,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynote View Post
Hi,

I currently have my house in Webster Groves MO listed. Webster Groves is a very hot market with little inventory and a lot of potential buyers. Houses usually move very quick here. We had a decent open house with about 15 couples dropping by. This might have been because a very popular house a few house over had an open house the same day. Since then I only had 4 showings with no feedback and the views/saves online are dropping rapidly. It’s been only 10 days on the market but should I be worried, am I overpriced, anything else wrong? I would love to get some feedback

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...8d&view=public

Thanks,

Tony
1) Price
2) Location
3) Condition

It's typically one of those three things.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:11 PM

581 posts, read 1,308,393 times
Love the kitchen
Love the red walls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate