Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 12:15 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times

Advertisements

A nice house on small acreage is very desirable in Idaho. Much more desirable than a house right in town on a tiny lot.

Without seeing your listing, I would guess bad photos and not getting your listing seen.

In this market, even junk properties are selling, so you should be getting buyers looking at your place. If it needs work, someone will make an offer.

The only other reason I can think of is a really bad location, but even bad locations are selling. Right next to the freeway, at the end of the airport runway, those are selling. If the location is bad, the price will have to be lower.

Possibly, you could give us access to your ad and you would get more useful feedback? It's just about impossible to tell why a house isn't selling without seeing the house or knowing where it is located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 12:48 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
If it is priced fairly, the problem you have doing a FSBO is that no one is seeing your listing. Somehow get it listed on the MLS so people can see it.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:38 PM

9,473 posts, read 5,245,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Price fixes all deficiencies."
I've heard this too.....or, "it'll sell for the right price."
If the place needs 'remodeling,' lowering the price is probably the way they need to go.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:05 PM

43,334 posts, read 77,198,405 times
Quote:
"Price fixes all deficiencies."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I've heard this too.....or, "it'll sell for the right price."
If the place needs 'remodeling,' lowering the price is probably the way they need to go.
Well... It is the lazy guy's way of saying, "You don't have to do the work, if the money doesn't matter."

Or, as I said above, and put a bit more thought into:
Quote:
Either not enough people are seeing the listing, or potential buyers are just not perceiving value in the property as priced, so are not bothering to see it.

How are you advertising?
Are you getting your property well exposed to the market?
Great photos?

Punch up the advertising, if needed.
If your advertising exposure is excellent, the issue is price.
Cut the fat out of the price, and don't wait for someone to ask.
Often, there is something easily fixable to increase the buyer pool's perception of value.
I'm not going to dig for the property advertisement, but it appears that there is some easy stuff in the comments above.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:57 PM

15,586 posts, read 40,468,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Take new photos.
They are way too dark.
And, a photo of a rooster? Really?
If it is the listing with the rooster photo, they need a stager and a professional photographer. Those are uninspiring photos.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:20 PM

22,679 posts, read 36,831,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
We are moving into different state due to personal reasons...
We found an amazing home in the place we want to be and put an offer. Offer was accepted, but contingency rejected... We were not worried, because we knew we live in the state that is very popular right now, and people are flocking there... So we thought we will sell our house quick...Our bank approved us without contingency, because we have lots of equity.
Well... a week passed, 3 families look at open house... on Saturday, Sunday... and no offers... We dropped the price some... still,no calls,no offers... Seems to be reasonable, because my husband is an appraiser..
The problem is we do not have time to remodel much... We would lower the price some if people would ask,,, but nobody asks...The house is in well-off area with huge mountain view... Huge shop, and other sheds. House is 2.400 sq feet . Almost 4 acres..
When we sold our previous house in Seattle area 4 years ago, we also were in a hurry, and sold just fine...
We always sell BY OWNER.. Because my husband is a Real Estate Appraiser and does not "overprice"...
What can be the reason? What are we doing wrong?

Plenty of people not interested in FSBO....and if you have come across as "know it alls" because your DH is an appraiser, no one is going to want to deal with you. House I'm in is a FSBO. NEVER AGAIN. Don't care if it's my dream home - I won't know it because I won't even see the ad.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:55 PM

10,329 posts, read 6,871,441 times
Where in Ideeho is this dream boat?

Old 03-25-2021, 06:36 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,846,506 times
Biggest problem I see is......For Sale by Owner. List it with an agent and it will sell. Keep trying to do it yourself unprofessionally and end up selling it for less instead of selling it for more and allowing the professionals to make their money for their services. That is basically what the problem and choices are that seem pretty obvious.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:21 AM

347 posts, read 428,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
If it is the listing with the rooster photo, they need a stager and a professional photographer. Those are uninspiring photos.
Personally, I’d also remove the information about the home owner bring an appraiser. As a potential buyer I do not care, and all it makes me think is that you will have dug your heels in on the price.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:59 AM

6,569 posts, read 7,157,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea1420 View Post
Personally, I’d also remove the information about the home owner bring an appraiser. As a potential buyer I do not care, and all it makes me think is that you will have dug your heels in on the price.
And it kinda means he might not be very good at his job if he can’t even get his current residence correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate