Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 09:54 AM

43,338 posts, read 77,198,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
And it kinda means he might not be very good at his job if he can’t even get his current residence correct.
Eh. The number may be right, if the presentation supports it. Feedback on the ads here seems to indicate that the sellers are personally wrapped up in their home and don't know how to market and sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 10:07 AM

5,426 posts, read 3,506,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Take new photos.
They are way too dark.
And, a photo of a rooster? Really?
Hey, it's Rod Stewart, the Polish Rooster!

Old 03-25-2021, 10:20 AM

3,381 posts, read 1,978,666 times
I think the OP put the husband's profession in the listing to convey that the house has been priced correctly but I don't think buyers will see it that way. That might be why no one is coming back with other offers. They probably think the sellers aren't going to budge.

The photos aren't good. The photo of the closet shouldn't be there - it just shows it to be an awkward space. Also, maybe take the long shots outside at sunset to show off the view.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:30 AM

347 posts, read 428,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I think the OP put the husband's profession in the listing to convey that the house has been priced correctly but I don't think buyers will see it that way. That might be why no one is coming back with other offers. They probably think the sellers aren't going to budge.

The photos aren't good. The photo of the closet shouldn't be there - it just shows it to be an awkward space. Also, maybe take the long shots outside at sunset to show off the view.
I agree. I think the intent was to communicate that the price had been set by someone who knows what they are doing, therefore the house isn’t overpriced. But, from a buyers perspective all I tend to think is that they won’t negotiate.

I also wonder if perhaps the rooms in that house aren’t very small. It’s 2400 sq ft with I believe 6 bedrooms. With that square footage I would expect only 3-4 bedrooms. In the end though, I suspect it’s a lovely house, but probably appeals to a smaller pool of buyers, which is why it likely needs the exposure a realtor can provide.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:38 AM

22,679 posts, read 36,836,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post

Agree with PP who mentioned this -whether subconciously or not that telegraphs to people you will be difficult to work with. Hot market or not, there's no RE agent so there's no go-between. Most people aren't gonna want to deal with that on their own.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:12 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,244,957 times
Interesting area, kinda bleak....

Old 03-25-2021, 01:30 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,129,403 times
If I found the right house, it is top of the market in a "lower priced" area , with "lower priced" being relative. It's still Idaho where prices have gone insane.

Complete lack of landscaping makes for really bad curb appeal. In the current idaho market, that shouldn't stop the house from selling, but I suggest a few wine barrels filled with bright flowers set in front of the house.

Another issue I can't check: it looks like farm land. Are there any livestock smells? Dust? Crop spraying?

If zoning allows it, advertise it in horse publications and in the Capital Press newspaper, and advertise any place where homesteaders or preppers hang out. You need a buyer who has horses, or who wants to do some homesteading. Usually you might find a buyer who wants privacy, but there is no privacy at that house. People a mile away can look into the windows.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:43 PM

19,061 posts, read 13,992,119 times
From the buyer side, as someone who was specifically looking for a home ripe for remodeling, I'll offer my opinion.

Once we confirmed that bidding wars were going to happen on any house that was fully updated, we decided to look only at move-in ready but out of date houses that needed renovations and were priced accordingly. Plenty of homes fit the first criteria but not the second. Why? Because sellers see dollar signs right now and think they're getting what the neighbor did regardless of the condition of their house.

We are particular people. My wife is an artist. We knew that no matter what, we'd be renovating our new home. So why bid over 10-15% asking on a "perfect" home that we would be making changes to anyway? Instead we found a perfectly priced home in an amazing location that we plan to put a decent amount of money into. Everyone we have consulted with agrees that the price was correct to leave plenty of room for our renovations to increase the value positively. You need to price somewhere in that range if everyone considering your home immediately realizes they need to spend some cash on it after closing.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-25-2021, 05:18 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,365,770 times
You answered your own question. You mentioned you would ask take less than your asking price but are blaming the buyers for not asking you to lower your price. That would mean that they are either afraid you are not going to budge or that the amount they think it is worth is so much lower that they feel it would be an insult. Have your agent tell potential buyers that the sellers are very motivated, which is code for desperate to sell. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:09 PM

111 posts, read 91,130 times
I looked up your listing. Like what others are saying, you would really benefit from having a professional real estate photographer. The photos are dark. The staging is uninspiring. It’s too farm, and not farmhouse. If you insist on taking your own pictures, I would recommend pulling up all blinds, turning on all the lights, choose a sunny day, and take pictures from each corner of rooms and post the best ones. Stating seller is veteran appraiser is also pretty intimidating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate