Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 03:29 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times

Advertisements

Call me crazy, but I've actually always enjoyed moving. Even though it's a lot of work. I like the packing (yes, seriously lol), moving our stuff to our new house and getting the new house set up.

I was thinking the other day about how badly I want our house to sell so that we can then make an offer on a house. Right then I wished I had some boxes so that I could start packing up our stuff. lol

And in case you're thinking, "You must not've done much moving in your life". lol I've actually moved many times. I've lived in my current home for nearly 10 years. The longest I've ever lived in any house.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:34 AM

79 posts, read 144,500 times
Thanks for the good wishes guys, it means a lot. I've been up since 4 running over in my mind what has to be done and think we have it pretty much together. Will take the dog to the groomer so she can be out from under our feet for a few hours and she can arrive in our new home all pretty! Also getting lunch at the deli for our movers, they have a long 3 days with us too. Never hurts to be nice to the people who are handling your precious cargo Don't know when the computer will get disconnected, but will keep in touch as long as I can. Switching to Comcast when we get to Washington so if it's easy enough I can get going on Monday, if not our daughter is arriving for a visit (from Phoenix) on Thursday and she'll have to get me all set up. I have a Apple and it's pain in the *ss! Have a great day everyone, hugs and pixie dust all around

Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Hey Barb, I see you can change your 'location' now !

Wow, I had totally forgotten about my location...hehe

Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi Amy..I was driving...along with the lab mix India and the hot dog, Halo..gracie was with carl in the truck, pulling our trailer, which was ahead of me as I was making my way over to the off ramp. The walkie talkies we just bought did not work well, so I was screaming at him. Then he wants to know which offramp,lol. I finally got the car pulled over as close to the edge as I could, he came back up behind me eventually, we called triple AAA, it took an hour or so for the tow driver to get there, since we were so loaded in both vehicles, the dogs got to ride in the car on the tow truck..it was a flatbed. I told carl these dogs will be traumatized for life! Anyway, got a tire, and back on our way 3 hours later.

No wonder I am tired, and yes once it happened it happened almost too fast, we were so overwhelmed by it all, still are...now we are trying to squeeze 20 lbs of sausage in a 5 lb casing, lol. Can you say yard sale??

All was well, not the first flat I've had, but the first on the freeway..I did run over something, carl said a honda accord was also on the side of the road with a blowout....could have been much worse.. we could have been in the middle of nowhere as opposed to Nampa, Idaho!

Later!
Hey Barb,
That must have been a funny sight, those dogs still in the car, up on the flatbed. Glad everything worked out in the end. "If it's not one thing, it's another" Rosanannadanna. (Saturday Night Live reference) It must be fantastic waking up in Washington, and knowing it's all over.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:02 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning all-here's wishing us all great showings, happy packing/moving.

Yesterday had lunch with a friend and she's looking at local RE magazine and I see ours and the price is $12,000 HIGHER than what we're listed at. I called our realtor and she said she just noticed it as she's readying an ad for the next 2 months in it. So for July/Aug we're listed higher than what we actually are. That could be lack of showings.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:22 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Call me crazy, but I've actually always enjoyed moving. Even though it's a lot of work. I like the packing (yes, seriously lol), moving our stuff to our new house and getting the new house set up.

I was thinking the other day about how badly I want our house to sell so that we can then make an offer on a house. Right then I wished I had some boxes so that I could start packing up our stuff. lol

And in case you're thinking, "You must not've done much moving in your life". lol I've actually moved many times. I've lived in my current home for nearly 10 years. The longest I've ever lived in any house.
My friends all say I am an expert packer/mover that comes from Husband doing 20+ years in AF. I thought after he retired we would settle but unfortunately we still have the bug !!! Doesn't help matters now that eldest Son is in the Army - so he will be moving often.
Every time I bring cardboard boxes into the house Millie (our 11 year old Boxer) gives me the look like oh no here we go again !!! Poor Millie was born in UK and has lived in 3 states now so she is well travelled and knows the routine.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:49 AM

Hey JudyP,

You haven't posted in awhile...hope your ok? Please let us know how your doing.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-here's wishing us all great showings, happy packing/moving.

Yesterday had lunch with a friend and she's looking at local RE magazine and I see ours and the price is $12,000 HIGHER than what we're listed at. I called our realtor and she said she just noticed it as she's readying an ad for the next 2 months in it. So for July/Aug we're listed higher than what we actually are. That could be lack of showings.
Hey LaceyEx,

Hope it doesn't stop people from looking, but the up side could be that they want to look at the old price, and then with the price reduction, it will be all that more appealing. They may see the house in the homes magazine at the wrong price and dismiss it as too expensive, but when looking with a realtor, or on-line, wouldn't the house be listed at the correct price? Maybe you'll get buyers in both price ranges!!! Hope it all works out.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:58 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times
girls..... im going a little nutz!!!! just need my boost. i havent heard from lkathy (realestate lady) yet on those interested people. it was tues nite they looked. wed i heard from her and she said they were very interested but wanted to look at a couple other houses. how long do i have to wait!!! i have been ok till now. im looking online at houses in florida every day and getting real frustrated. just want to go look in person. kathy said shed call me as soon as she hears and if she doesnt shell call them. i have a feeling its going to be one of those duds that leave you hanging..

Old 08-15-2008, 09:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
We still haven't heard from the people who were to make an offer early this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate