Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Well I finally talked my hubby into lowering the price another $50,000. He is the most easy going guy that you could ever meet, one of those people who never met a stranger and always has a smile on his face, but right now he isn't smiling, he is worried all our hopes and dreams are slowly going down the toilet in this market. Oh yes I forgot to add we also reduced the price on the mobile home we are also trying to sell another $20,000. Not a good weekend I am afraid.

That was the hardest selling job I ever had when I finally convinced hubby that we had to lower the price. You do not get a warm fuzzy feeling doing that but when the house sells you can get on with your life once again.
Good Luck and one day your hubby will thank you I know mine did after the sale.
Lorrie

Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Lorrie-we'll still be listed and active. But I will double check with her.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
We met with our realtor for over an hour and she convinced us to counter. We did but with a firm price, 48 hr contingency, 10K earnest money, 10/1 sale of their home and 10/15 closing here. We'll see.
good luck my friend!!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Thanx NJSocks and best to you and all.

Just make sure you're also advertised in AC Press.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Default Come play and enjoy

Good Luck NJSocks! Welcome!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
We met with our realtor for over an hour and she convinced us to counter. We did but with a firm price, 48 hr contingency, 10K earnest money, 10/1 sale of their home and 10/15 closing here. We'll see.
Hey LaceyEx,

Sounds like you are in the driver's seat with your counter. Could you explain what a 48 hour contingency is? Thanks.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,671,730 times
For those of you with listing contracts, how long is it? One realtor I met with wants a year contract. The last time we tried to sell our other house, it was a year, and we regretted that very much. I think 6 months is plenty long.

Anyway, we made the hour drive to our other house today and spent 5 hours cleaning out the garage. It's a VA mortgage, and the VA said when we bought it we either had to fix the garage door or take it down, so we just took it off. So crazy cat neighbor lady's cats have used the garage to pee in (on rugs we had in there.) Nasty, and 4 trips to the dump.

The garage is not useable at all -- the floorboards are all rotting out, and the structure needs to be shored up. We figure rather than taking it all down, we'd leave it -- it will be about $4k for new floor, structural work and door, rather than way more for new garage. Buyer can choose no garage, as well. Yet another obstacle to selling.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:30 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
Hi everyone! This was a great idea, crazy! Besides, I've been hanging out on the dark side, P&OC.

Sorry I came so late to the party but I've been having a pity party for the last 3 months. We listed in May and have had ONE showing so far. DH has already moved to Virginia because he got 4 job offers and couldn't pass up the opportunity. I am here in Michigan trying to sell the house.

We have it a little better than some in this situation. DH is staying with friends and giving them a couple hundred a month. At least we don't have 2 mortgages or a mortgage and rent. But, we will soon. I will NOT spend another winter here, especially alone.

A tip (hope it wasn't covered yet) for leaving your house when it's being shown. I park my car in my neighbor's driveway and slide out the back door with the dog when I see people pull in my driveway. I have sold 6 houses over the years and this seems to work well. Currently my neighbor has a shed that backs up to my property and I can go in there and listen to the RE agent and prospective buyers when they are outside.

Now back to the first 2 questions.

My first concert was The Grass Roots at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City. I was in 8th grade and on a class trip. My first "real" concert was David Bowie on his Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars tour. I saw him at the Tower Theater in Philly. That was just too cool!

My first house was a white cape cod @ Shore Road, Erma, NJ. That's right, no # just Shore Road. I lived there until I was 3. My second was Shore Road, Erma, NJ. My parents had the second house built behind the first house. Someone bought the first house and it was moved about 3 miles away.

I bought a St. Joseph today. He should be here in a few days and I'll bury him ASAP after he arrives.

Y'all are great people and I can't wait to see what you have in store tomorrow.

Ginnie

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
Oh, I forgot...

My first year in college @ Stockton State College (outside Atlantic City) we lived in really great brand new apartments on campus. Every weekend someone had a kegger. OMG good times.... I digress.

My roommate (from Colts Neck, NJ) had a cousin that came down a few times and partied with us. Sometimes he brought a couple of his friends and the would "provide entertainment" at the drop of a hat.
His name was Bruce and his friends were Max and Steve.

Oh lordy do I miss those days!

hmmmmm I wonder what Sue is up to these days.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Welcome NJsocks and IB...this is a crazy bunch but it keeps your sanity and I have made such great friends who over the miles held my hand and hopefully I am holding theirs if in thought, onlyl. Only sellers and buyers know what it's like to be in this market, your friends and family can empathize, but they have no clue.

I didn't feel good today..I have such a mess..I am going to post some pics in an album in my settings...consider it looks worse today than it did a couple days ago I don't like living in a disaster and this is what it is...going from 2800 sq feet to 800 is no picnic. If this were permanent I would just toss it all, but..can't..I am getting rid of a lot, though..just felt crappy today.

Later, need to make some dinner for dh...hugs)
Barb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate