Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 PM

336 posts, read 864,652 times

Advertisements

Brownies....Crazyma I hear them calling my name LOL. Now I may need to go make some too. My husbands Nephew has been bugging me to make brownies since I make them as a special treat everytime he is here to visit. Just really have not been in the mood not sure if im trying to get alittle depressed or if its the weather. Im alittle upset I have not talked to my realtor since lastweek and I have emailed her and left voicemails the least she can do is just let me know she received them through email and just let me know if she is swamped that she will get back to me when it is convenient for her. Oh well. Judy its good to see you here lady been missin ya!! I hope your hubby lets you take his laptop crazyma.....we need our daily fix of your poems.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Did I hear brownies? I have a stove here...not sure if it works right or not, last summer when I was here the digital temp went nuts, up, down and all around..not sure what temp is the right one so have been reluctant to ruin a perfectly good pan of anything with it..lol...especially something so delicate as brownies. Now mac and cheese, that's a guess, but baked goods are so precise.

It's been raining but so humid..duh its humid when it rains, lol. We bought a dehumidifier today, but it kind of makes it warm in here...It does take the water out of the air..I wonder if that's normal...but it's a dry heat, haha.

Well I am full of it tonight, I must have gotten my 2nd win, a half hour ago I was asleep sitting up on the sofa...nothing good on tv, tired of the Olympics now that swimming is done..oh my.

Well will head off to bed..Sara..you HAVE to take the laptop with you..we can't do without your for two weeks you know. I might have to write poetry and that is just sad

Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
NEWS FLASH the brownies worked!! I get to take the lap top!!! thank goodness DD will be there so I won't mess it up, she is the family computer guru. SO now I won't miss me peeps!!

Okay here is the best little ole brownie recipe- heat oven 350 degrees

In medium sauce pan place-
2 squares baking chocolate ( OR 6 tablespoons cocoa + 2 tablespoons oil)
1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter or margarine

melt on low heat, stirring smooth, then take off heat

into the sauce pan add 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla, beat lightly together

add and stir in 3/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( any kind, I used some canned mixed nuts)
Scrape into a 8x8x2 or 7x11x2 pan ( I lightly spray with Pam)

Cook in 350 degree oven for 30 mins., about 22-24 for glass---you'll start smelling them and know they are about done
cool then cut

you can put icing on them but plain is fine

scrape saucepan and lick spatula

Old 08-20-2008, 04:00 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,671,730 times
Wow, brownies can be made from scratch and not from a box? Who knew?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Wow the way to a man's laptop is thru his stomach!!!! Good girl-2 weeks w/o you would be severe withdrawal.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Default Hotlanta, Crazyma and the Alien Clan

Yeah! Good going Crazyma! Two weeks in Atlanta, hope you enjoy your trip, and get your fix of your old stomping grounds. Is that where you were going to move to if dh didn't get the new job?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Morning dear ones even those of you just reading not posting...hey!!
How is everyone doing today? Getting geared up for showimgs I hope!

Here's a thought....How many of you are gonna be home Labor Day weekend? I was thinking a lot of people may not go any where since gas is pricey...Have you thought about doing an open house that weekend? If your realtor can't , then maybe do one yourself Get some balloons out on the signs and just wing it!

Oh I wish we could have gone to Atlanta to live again.Left in '99. Or at least east of the Mississippi. But hubby couldn't land a job back that way. He is in the HVAC industry and the specific jobs he wants aren't found every where...only reason we came to Wichita was the job with a manufacturer...and now he is back there in a different role. So here we be.

I can't wait! Chickfila Dwarf house here I come for a Hot Brown! Good ole Waffle House for covered and smothered hash browns & Patty Melt. Picadilly cafeteria.. My favorite thrift shops!!!! Maybe take the angel to the zoo.

We hope to have an alien clan meeting too. Of course we might not be doing shots of Goldschlagger, and laying on the dock with our feet in the air, while howling at the full moon this time heh heh.

I really really wish all of you will get some good showing and some offers thrown out. It is so tough keeping going on the market...but your buyer is out there, they just haven't seen YOUR house yet. But they are there!!
To heck with remeber the Alamo...
Remember the Dogmom!!! When least expected it, an offer landed kerplunk!!

MOJO

Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,338 times
Hi everyone!

Crazyma... so glad to hear that you will be able to keep in touch! As the rest of the gang says... it wouldn't be the same without you... have a wonderful time on your vacation... I look forward to reading about your adventures... I so look forward to living in the south... I love it there!
and that browine recipe has my mouth watering...

Judy P.... thanks so much... I can understand what you mean by wanting the move so much... I have been waiting to move since 2005 (if we could have only sold the house back then!). My husband's retirement date is Nov. 30 of this year, so we have been waiting... waiting, since 2005 and now that we can actually plan to go... the market is in this funk! It's so discouraging. I too, believe that I must accept God's will and that things happen in God's time, not my time, and the sooner I truly accept this, the more serenity I have in my life. It's just difficult sometimes to stay positive. But this forum on CD really helps!

sykesfamily... how frustrating that your realtor hasn't responded to your phone calls/emails! I would be upset too. I havn't heard one word from my realtor regarding feedback from any of our showings.

We havn't had any showings so far this week. Had one a week ago Tuesday, and another on Sunday, but haven't heard anything...

Going over to visit my daughter and grandaughter later today, so that will get my mind off this house. Have a wonderful day, everyone! Loads of pixie dust and many prayers being sent your way...

Old 08-20-2008, 11:53 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Well, I am in a bad funk today...I feel like crying...maybe just tired...overwhelmed..trying to sort through stuff....not wanting any of it. Nada. Tired of 'stuff'. Tired of moving it around. Just tired.

It's raining...maybe I should just go back to bed, I would except I have two tons of clothes laying on it that I don't know what to do with, sad thing is most of them are too small. Get rid of them I guess...

Not sure what's wrong with me..nuts..

Pixie dust comin at ya all...

Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Barb you're coming down from a very stressful situation and haven't given yourself time for you and to relax.

Move the stuff off the bed and lay down and take that nap. Those things will always be there tomorrow,etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate