Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times

Advertisements

Slept in a little..took some tylenol p.m. last night, helped..sun is peeking in and out. We have carpet being installed tomorrow so we had my cousin's friend son and his buddy come help haul the furniture out to the kitchen and covered parking stall here...will be nice to get the carpet and THEN be able to put furniture where I want it, lol. Cant really even setlle in until the carpet gets here, then I can work on it. I wrote out a bill last night, put it in the envelope. Do you think I can find it..NO! I hate moving...but this too shall pass and in a few months we will do it again...at least this time we don't have to sell. I am so gun shy on buying I am almost thinking we should just rent. I don't want to go through that selling thing again, but with time the wounds will hopefully heal.

You all just hang in there. Why do agents take their clients through so many homes they can't remember which is which. If they can't remember, how do they expect their clients to. I think I read somewhere you should never look at more than 3 in a day. Take notes...Take pictures...how else will you remember...

Ok I need to try to get something done here. My sister in IL sent a big box of fresh corn, green beans and onions..it just got here..I know what I am doing for dinnner. Or maybe lunch!

Hugs all around and pixie dust flying out to ya!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Barb I just looked at your new pics of your new home and I must say it is staged to perfection. Reminds me of when we first moved here.
What color carpeting are you getting? BTW your dogs look a little confused all except Halo. A true doxie you have there.
Lorrie

Old 08-21-2008, 01:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
thanks everyone for my happy birthdays. it's a good feeling that people i've never met face to face can make me smile and feel better. crazyma, did you set up those monkeys or is it a pic off the web? either way, i loved it, and the ZERO on the cupcake!! now if only i could eat that cupcake....
tambre, i would love to visit my future hometown, except it's 2000 miles away!! so our next trip there will be to buy!!! it will be here soon, i know it. Thanks again everyone!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:31 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Now that's better Stoy!!!! Hang tough.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:42 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,338 times
Default This was silk screened on a t-shirt I bought in Hawaii...

Kimos Rules
Never judge a day by the weather.

The best things in life aren't things.

Tell the truth - there's less to remember.

Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.

Goals are deceptive - The unaimed arrow never misses.

He who dies with the most toys - still dies.

Age is relative - when you're over the hill, you pick up speed.

There are 2 ways to be rich - make more or desire less.

Beauty is internal - Looks mean nothing.

No rain - no rainbows.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:37 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Kimos Rules
Never judge a day by the weather.

The best things in life aren't things.

Tell the truth - there's less to remember.

Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.

Goals are deceptive - The unaimed arrow never misses.

He who dies with the most toys - still dies.

Age is relative - when you're over the hill, you pick up speed.

There are 2 ways to be rich - make more or desire less.

Beauty is internal - Looks mean nothing.

No rain - no rainbows.

Have a great day, everyone!
Love this Anitajas!

Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,868 times
If y'all are interested, I added an album with pictures of our house. I also added an album with pictures of our pets.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:52 PM

336 posts, read 864,652 times
I want my Hoover back!! Let my mother-in-law borrow it...hence *borrow* moved away never got it back was only 2 years old. My neighbor talked me into a bissel its ok it serves its purpose, but I loved my Hoover!
So how is everyone doing today? any showings offers anything??? None here finally talked to my realtor and the people who said they were going to write up on the house are now still in the deciding mode but are in love with our home. Guess since the market is the way it is and we have no other offers they want to take there dear time in doing so. So I am at the point to where I hope someone else comes around. Well its been quiet around here all week and I am just getting ready for the weekend to approach. DH will be home tonight and we are going to talk about the house and just leave everything in Gods hands and then Sat and Sun we are going to the Luis Palau festival in Downtown Portland! If I don't talk to you guys tomorrow or over the weekend I wish you all Happy showings and Happy offers and tons of *pixie dust* for them offers!

Old 08-21-2008, 06:11 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
anita-thanks for the cool 't-shirt' it is great to have stuff like that to keep centered and motivated...I am a true believer on the power of the written word.

sykes, y'all got anything you could sweeten the deal with? Like maybe have your agent tell theirs you will offer a flatscreen tv, a laptop, a gas card, a gift card to HD/lowes...or are willing to pay closing cost on ACCEPTED offer???
Hey i am to the point of saying do whatever IF you need or absolutely want out.

Or decide your bottom dollar and have your agent 'present' THEM with an offer...like you guys be interested for X dollars...lets write it up

Old 08-21-2008, 06:20 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
I reckon I will have to check these Hoovers when I get back from Big A. Thanks

Painter hang on!

stoy - found monkeys online on Yahoo images....hope it was okay to C & P...
Well we al have hosue...does anyone have the neigbor from hell !!??
Here's a link to a crazy site, includes BAD nieghbors!
Revenge Lady Top 10 Neighbors from Hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate