Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Hey girls, should have known to not try and catch up at the office Now I'm home, beer firmly in hand so came back to see what my Amigas were up to.

GF sorry you're still feeling under the weather and glad you have a good boss who wants you to feel better. I have never liked A/C and since I've gotten away from it don't get my annual bronchitis attacks. Take care of yourself. That's an order!

Cma what can I say - almost choked on my beer when I saw your pictures. I should know better than to look at ANY pic or really anything you post when I have a full mouth of beer LOL and good on ya for sending that email to that agent and, well you know

NJ THAT AGENT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd Bslap her AND cancel the contract (and on those links, hon, all you have to do is google FSBO homes for sale or for sale by owner and it's like the first one - and they have a google pay per click ad - almost positive that's the one that's free). Again, just advertise and factor in buyer agent commissions, but at least you won't have the listing side to that SUCKA$$ LOSER! Then there's craig's list (heck we even put ours on there - and inquiries they come directly to the brokerage)

Lorrie that baby picture is adorable - i still remember when Stef was that small. Sigh. So how are you feeling? Know you were having a hard time for a while.

Tex Sounds like a plan to me! God that would be so great. I'll add that to my nightly prayers. And what's up with that dang agent being pissy about open house when you're in the middle of remodeling bath? God I would be happy to hear my seller was upgrading/updating bath and for giving me the courtesy of letting me know. Bunch of losers out there. I think Jody and I just need to get licensed in everyone's state so we can just sell those houses for you! I mean really, what i read makes me just shake my head. Wish I didn't love PA so much or dang it, I'd do it!

DM for the love of God slow down girl - those boxes will still be there and maybe talk to doc about not sleeping. Nothing worse on the body than sleep deprevation. I'll come down and do your dang laundry - so long as I can bring my huge pile LOL PS I wouldn't pick ya for a Babs girl either. Oh and I love the doggie door How sweet of DP to put a little step for Halo. Ah

Tambre love your idea for the barn door - think it will really look pretty. And the price reduction should put you in another set of buyers $range. Your dogs are soooooo funny - I can just see you all howing at the moon (or trash truck whichever comes first!)

Painter unfrickin' believable - well actually I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But yes I would have called you back and well, both Jody and I would have been more responsive to begin with. How do some of these people even get licensed and let alone stay in biz? Heck, I even have my agent's client's call me, just to talk to the Jefa - not that they're upset with my people, but sometimes just want to talk to the top dog. Why my cell number and email address is on website so if someone want's to talk to me, then call or email away. Service levels all around have dropped so much - I only hope that with the down market it starts weeding out some of these losers.

Wisteria I am soooooooooooo happy for you. And yeah, poor thing - I feel your pain having to move to the beach LOL What an exciting way to start your new life! That's a beautiful area you're moving to and I like the name you picked - Shoreline Estates to Wisteria Shores

Stoy think you and Tex have a plan! God that would be so much fun. If Muhammed can't come to the mountain . . . . and what's up with that man of yours? Dear God! I only fractured my clavicle (well and crushed my rotator cuff) in car accident and it hurt like he$$. Are guys really that tough or do they just hide the pain better to be macho or something. All I know is that I was in a lot of pain and EVERYONE knew it. Had to be on a lot of pain meds 'cause was just unbearable!

Lacey so hows Mr. L. and the shrubs? Still giving you the evil eye or have they finally figured out that they're safe? LOL

I KNOW I've left someone out and will probably figure it out, but if I did SORRY! Oh - HDL any word on the little man?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Just checking in -- my realtor called me and said that my buyers signed off all their contingencies and I guess it closes on August 3rd! Yikes -- I'm moving!

My little mobile by the beach in the 55+ park needs a bit of work, but I'm excited about doing it. I'm actually recruiting women over 55 to join me (have two takers who are looking there now from other states!). If I get enough, we'll have to change the name from Shoreline Estates to Wisteria Shores.

So much to do, though. Unfortunately, because of this huge mortgage I've been carrying for years, I have basically no savings (or investments). My 19-year-old daughter is not in the stage of wanting to help mom -- her focus is her boyfriend and having fun! I called around about moving costs, and even cheapo places seem too high to me. I may just leave most of what I have here (nothing expensive), since the new buyers are a young couple with nothing right now! I can replace what I have, and I can just take the little things that make home comfortable -- like my paperweight glass collection, artwork, and things like that.

I never imagined myself living in a mobile home, but now I'm getting excited. I was in Santa Cruz yesterday at the storage facility I rented, and it was really nice to be there (I only live 6 miles away, but it's a world of difference living in the woods to living next to the beach). I noticed all kinds of shops and restaurants and different things I'd never paid attention to. Now, I look at all this and think about the new places to explore.

I actually had to have an interview with the park management and found the manager exceptionally kind. I also discovered that there's a recreation room with exercise equipment, in addition to the heated pool, the club house and two more recreation areas. Where I live in the woods (soon to not be in the woods) there is no public transportation, so I like the idea of having a bus stop nearby.

I'm not sure what date I can move in, as I still have to finish my banking end -- my loan is approved, but it's getting the cash into my account from the buyers first. Then it goes to the title company, and pretty soon it's "Bye, bye, too huge yard, 20 foot redwoods limbs falling, mudslides, and torrential winter rains!" and "Hello, little house, with no yard labor, within walking distance to the beach, and a manageable size in a quiet place. Now I'll see the actual sunset without the interference of huge, tall redwoods!"

Wow, I can't believe it. It will be a wild few weeks getting situated, but then I'll finally have my life back.

Thanks for all the support. At least my house sold fast, with a cash deal, and I found a good deal in Santa Cruz. I just never imagined my retirement home would be in Santa Cruz next to the beach! What a twist of fate!

Thanks, and I will keep lurking, but haven't had time to post much.

Wisteria
Wisteria, congrats!! Things always work out..

Old 07-20-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I'm curious about these doggie doors! Can burglers crawl through them?
Joy, well they would have to get past the dogs! This one, maybe a child could come through...or a skinny adult..thy make huge ones though...and i guess critters could too...i plan to keep the security door on at night time..

Gracie the dal is using it like a champ, likes her independence..India my brown dog does fine, Halo if he has to...but it takes him a tad more effort...but they can all go in and out fine..

Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
ran across this a while ago

Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 PM

Tex, can you tell i am tired,meant to reply to you about the doggie door. sorry bout that...sleep..I need sleep....I need sleep..

Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
I have been writing tonight, and posted something I was did on my blog, if anyone is interested

I am pooped too. Got a carpet guy coming tomorrow/Wed to check if we can take up the carpet , fix the squeaks, and re install it. Plus some Craigs folks coming.

Okay peeps you all sleep good and BIG prayers and wishes for all awaiting buyers and those that are ailing. Hugs

Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Tambre, did you hear anything from the folks that droveup to your home today??? Fingers, toes crossed and prayers being said.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:01 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
ran across this a while ago
lol @ "I tell my agent nothing".

If anyone's interested, a friend of mine "tagged" me at her blog to post on my blog 10 things about myself. It's not all that interesting, but whatever. lol

Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Tambre, did you hear anything from the folks that droveup to your home today??? Fingers, toes crossed and prayers being said.
Not yet, they are probably at the bank getting their cash ready for a full price offer, lol Thanks for the well wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate