Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times

Advertisements

Egads, I need to get to bed!

Tex, no its outpatient..hopefully we will be home by afternoon sometime, that or they are gonna have to get me a bed for a nap..

NJ, can you email me a few of those recipes for balls, thanks..those are easiest for me to make. Have you ever made russian tea cakes..I will dig up the recipe and get it to you and post it..my mom's old recipe..YUM! they melt in your mouth.

Painter, I am praying for no more R.A.I.N. egads.

Joy, hope Naiky kicks their azz and you get internet fixed..what a bummer and stressor.

What is Fios???

Ok nighty night...

Old 12-17-2009, 03:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all-let's all head to NJS's house for cookies and coffee.

Tex-so glad Watson made it thru.

Barb-best of luck to Carl (and you) today.

I've used Pledge for 42 years and have absolutely no build up on BR furn. probably cause I spray the cloth lightly? Live and learn.

Shepherds Pie hit the trash-not a keeper.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:54 AM

Judi, what was wrong with the Shepherds Pie? Pretty bad to hit the trash lol. I have done that a time or two myself..

I have used pledge in the past...you know it works great at shining stainless steel sinks in a hurry when you are selling a house...from past experience lol.

Well I got a couple hours sleep, I need to hop in the shower and get dressed, leaving in an hour..guess I should eat before we go..

will take some snacks with me..yeah I need to close this laptop and get my rear in gear..

Ok later campers..

Old 12-17-2009, 05:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Damn girl---those cookies sound delicious. I would love to have a few of those recipes...ie: Peppermint crunch cookies, lemon iced cookies, PB balls!! YUMMO!! I always put vanilla pudding in my choc chip cookies too!! We are cut from the same cloth!!

Take it easy on that leg in the kitchen, especially if you have tile flooring--hard on the feet/legs. Stand on a mat!

Watson came through the neuter well!! He also had 2 retained baby teeth removed and he was microchipped.
JOY: Sorry to hear you are having internet problems again...UGH!! Hopefully Naiky will be all over it and get it straightened out for you. How is little Misty Rose?
So glad Watsaboo did great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad he was microchipped too!! How is his little legaboo????

Joy- that damn computer co. sucks!! I hate ours. It goes out at times or lags and its their end and Comcast NEVER EVER admits it. Their c/s skills and service suck the big wazoo!!sht for brains LOL>>>

Lace- I am making more cookies today!! YOU CAN ALL COME OVER girlfriend!! I would love that!! thanks for reps re: Cheetah! !(Tiger)

Painter- no more rain. Do you need a boat to go Xmas shopping in that weather? Hoist the anchor my friend lol...

Barb- check your email girl!! Carl will do great.....and you both have been through this before? He had other done? or just you?

My 6 qt. Kitchen Aid mixer rocks. I love the dough hook lol! Anyone else have the Kitchen Aid?? Love it. If you dont have one, invest in one. They are a Godsend!!!!!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 AM

Annie, I have the Kitchen Aid, but a bit smaller I think. I have not used it a ton, but will give it a work out this weekend..I use it for brownies even, easier than stirring by hand, pop the stuff in the dishwasher, voila..mine is RED...LOVE IT..I have a RED toaster and RED pots and pans too. Man I am stylin!

We have both had rotator cuff surgery, I had mine in Feb 04, not real invasive but it really took 6 months before I was pain free, he had his right shoulder done in May 04, very invasive, again in a sling for 8 weeks as I remember rightly. So we know what the score is..BOO! But the recovery is worth it because his pain is so bad now and constant it has to be done.

Ok out of here...hospital about 20 miles away, its where the Betty Ford Center is, Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage. Very nice hospital, huge complex..

hugs to all xoxox

Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good luck to Carl Barb. The Shepherds didn't meet Mr. L's standards-have him too spoiled I guess.

NJS-wish we all could.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:57 AM

hi girls..at the hospital..waiting for anesth. and surgeon..will check in later..

Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
So glad Watsaboo did great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad he was microchipped too!! How is his little legaboo????

My 6 qt. Kitchen Aid mixer rocks. I love the dough hook lol! Anyone else have the Kitchen Aid?? Love it. If you dont have one, invest in one. They are a Godsend!!!!!!!
His leg is not bothering him today...probably because I gave him his pain medicine. I have 3 syringes they sent me home with ....he gets one every morning. He is groggy right now--I gave it to him an hour ago. I think I am going to take a nap with him. The dang cone was too big for his head--kept sliding right out of it! So he got a treat and slept with mom last night! He did fine...kept looking for the right spot, hearing sounds he isn't used to so he would bark and then run back to the crook of my arm and bury his head in my armpit!! Then he settled between my legs for a bit then back up near my stomach. I am going to buy him a onesie today so he can have that over his stitches to prevent him from licking them.

My dream is to own a Kitchen Aid mixer--have wanted one for years now. What color is yours and what type? I was wanting the Artisian one. Not sure what color though...probably black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Annie, I have the Kitchen Aid, but a bit smaller I think. I have not used it a ton, but will give it a work out this weekend..I use it for brownies even, easier than stirring by hand, pop the stuff in the dishwasher, voila..mine is RED...LOVE IT..I have a RED toaster and RED pots and pans too. Man I am stylin!

We have both had rotator cuff surgery, I had mine in Feb 04, not real invasive but it really took 6 months before I was pain free, he had his right shoulder done in May 04, very invasive, again in a sling for 8 weeks as I remember rightly. So we know what the score is..BOO! But the recovery is worth it because his pain is so bad now and constant it has to be done.
Ooohhhh ....red mixer!! That sounds pretty!!

Carl must be in surgery by now--continuing to pray for him. Give me a call tonight Barb...let me know how everything went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-let's all head to NJS's house for cookies and coffee.
That would be so much fun!! Gosh, I hope we can all finally meet one another after the weather breaks. Maybe this coming Summer????

Sorry the shepherd's pie was a bust. It sounded good!!

If your sil calls, just tell her since she didn't call back to confirm, you made alternate plans.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
I want a good recipe for cut out cookies that don't spread once they are in the oven. Any one have a good one? I am not doing any baking this year--just don't have the time but still would like to add one to my recipe folder.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I want a good recipe for cut out cookies that don't spread once they are in the oven. Any one have a good one? I am not doing any baking this year--just don't have the time but still would like to add one to my recipe folder.
Easy trick. Use the sugar cookie dough from Pillsbury..the log style lol..in the refrigerated section..Non- Time consuming pain in the ass that you wont have to deal with. Add 1/4 cup of flour to the dough..then cut them out! VOILA!

Off to ice my balls.

I am glad Watsaboo is better. He will be dopey for a bit off and on. Poor baby.. A onesie--how cute! I remember those with the twinadoes!!

Lacy- sil is a biotch. No more invites for her. SHe is done like toast.

Barb- good luck with Carls surgery. Prayers your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate