Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 03:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Glad you are feeling a bit better Barb.

Yes, Lace...how did the dr's appt go for Mr.L?

Listen to this...so I call my realtor's office and the holdover clause is 6 months! I said then why did my realtor say after 10 days I am free. He said (the office manager) that if my realtor won't hold me to it then he certainly wouldn't. But neither of them are willing to put it in Black & white! I don't trust them...which means...I cannot list FSBO until mid April!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Well Tex you could and when I asked my realtor about how they know who viewed-they don't.

Okay the surgeon of course said-------surgery. Two options-wait for another break thru in 3 mos then definite surgery or now. We go back Fri and the first sign he sees it's to the OR-he will be seeing him regularly. The fistula breakthru is always the same spot which is encouraging as it doesn't jump from place to place. He would go in slowly and go deeper as necessary and if part of the small intestine has to come out so be it.

I know what I would do.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:28 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Joy, I just called and had them add me to Carl's visit on Thursday morning to discuss meds and also have him look at a couple ugly spots on my back. Ugh. One thing I like about these pills is they don't make me sick...and for the most part they work..he mentioned starting me on ritalin or adderal for energy so maybe the combo would help..he has several patients with fibromyalgia that have had some success...so will see him on Thursday..I feel better already, and you girls ALWAYS make me smile.

That's great Barb! I was praying he hadn't started you already and it wasn't working. Will keep positive vibes going that his regime works and you feel better soon.

Oh, and I'm over in Boquete so I could get the ingredients - could get them in Bocas for that matter. Just too dang lazy to cook for myself so guess I shouldn't whine when I'm not having it 'cause I'm too unmotivated to cook for myself. Much work on changing habits or just hire one of my neighbors to cook for me. Now that might be a thought - not like it would cost me a lot of money. Now when I'm in town I can get a great breakfast for around $2 - problem is, I don't get hungry for breakfast until closer to 11:30- noon and they don't serve it then. Must have Naiky talk to them about making a special exception for me 'cause they really do have good breakfasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Listen to this...so I call my realtor's office and the holdover clause is 6 months! I said then why did my realtor say after 10 days I am free. He said (the office manager) that if my realtor won't hold me to it then he certainly wouldn't. But neither of them are willing to put it in Black & white! I don't trust them...which means...I cannot list FSBO until mid April!
I KNEW IT!!!!! You can list it after contract expires just read the language pertaining to the holdover clause - at least in CO when I was there it ONLY pertains to buyers they worked with during the term of the contract (or any extensions thereof) and they have to provide you with the names of people they worked with IN WRITING.

I don't know your state specific contract (or have read your listing contract), but they cannot arbitrarily take ALL buyers in the holdover clause - it has to be one THEY ACTIVELY WORKED WITH. You march down there, tell them you have way too many friends in real estate and you want to see in black and white the terms of the holdover clause. That'll get them thinking a bit about ing with you. It should say plain as day that it only applies as stated above. Then tell them, okay so it expires in X weeks - provide me with all of the names of people you actively worked with, according to the provisions in my listing contract, and IF one of those buyers then you get your share of the commission; if not off.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:34 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Well gals, a no show once again, not even a call saying so sorry not gonna come by. That is 2 in the last 3 weeks that didn't show up. Oh well the grass is cut and the house is clean for my enjoyment I guess. Oh and I haven't heard from "my" agent, such a joke............

Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well Tex you could and when I asked my realtor about how they know who viewed-they don't.

Well that's because they didn't keep track. Every state is different, but that's why at least when I was there and at the brokerage I was with we tracked who we showed the property to, etc. That's the whole point of the holdover clause.

Okay the surgeon of course said-------surgery. Two options-wait for another break thru in 3 mos then definite surgery or now. We go back Fri and the first sign he sees it's to the OR-he will be seeing him regularly. The fistula breakthru is always the same spot which is encouraging as it doesn't jump from place to place. He would go in slowly and go deeper as necessary and if part of the small intestine has to come out so be it.

I know what I would do.
Sorry about having to do another surgery but is good that it's always the same place and not jumping all around. He was doing so good - did the doc think it could have been from overdoing it or just a relapse. Will keep you both in my prayers XXOO

Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well gals, a no show once again, not even a call saying so sorry not gonna come by. That is 2 in the last 3 weeks that didn't show up. Oh well the grass is cut and the house is clean for my enjoyment I guess. Oh and I haven't heard from "my" agent, such a joke............
Sorry about the no show. God some people are so rude nowadays. Your agent IS a joke. What agent?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Painter that sucks-big time.

Joy-no this is a form of Crohns disease and what's promising is it's only erupted in the one spot so surgeon feels more confident as usually the surgery only lasts a matter of a few years.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I KNEW IT!!!!! You can list it after contract expires just read the language pertaining to the holdover clause - at least in CO when I was there it ONLY pertains to buyers they worked with during the term of the contract (or any extensions thereof) and they have to provide you with the names of people they worked with IN WRITING.

I don't know your state specific contract (or have read your listing contract), but they cannot arbitrarily take ALL buyers in the holdover clause - it has to be one THEY ACTIVELY WORKED WITH. You march down there, tell them you have way too many friends in real estate and you want to see in black and white the terms of the holdover clause. That'll get them thinking a bit about ing with you. It should say plain as day that it only applies as stated above. Then tell them, okay so it expires in X weeks - provide me with all of the names of people you actively worked with, according to the provisions in my listing contract, and IF one of those buyers then you get your share of the commission; if not off.
OMG! SHELLY! That is BS! Are you sure it isn't if someone comes into your realtor's agency and wants to buy your house....through THEM???? and comes back to you after your listing was up?? I thought if it was ANOTHER AGENCY then you can negotiate a commission with theM???
Noah on mend girls. Thank God. He is ravenous lol.

PAINTER- THAT IS SUCH BS!! RUDE RUDE RUDE BUYERS. I told my husband the other day they are so ballsy !!

LACEY- SO SORRY to hear...Ugh.. You all have been through mill. You are in my prayers. The soup helped Noah. THanks girl!and the hugs..

17 MORE DAYS WITH mentally challenged AGENT.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:

I know what I would do.
I had a feeling they were going to say surgery.

I didn't plan on listing until March anyways--so what's another month? I guess I could list it and then hope no-one buys it until mid April or hope that someone new buys it that never saw the place. When they call to view...I will ask if they've seen it before with my ex-realtor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

He did say "Only clients they actively brought to my listing"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Sorry Painter. This selling is not for the weak of heart.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Painter that sucks-big time.

Joy-no this is a form of Crohns disease and what's promising is it's only erupted in the one spot so surgeon feels more confident as usually the surgery only lasts a matter of a few years.
Sorry didn't mean to be so clueless - just not familiar with these type of diseases. But the surgeon feels more confident because it's the same spot so that's why it's promising. Sorry he has to go through this again though

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Noah on mend girls. Thank God. He is ravenous lol.

I'm so glad, Annie. Was worried about him when he didn't even want to watch the Micky Mouse Club. Maybe just a temporary relapse with everyone else in the house being sick. Happy the boy is ready to chow down now! Tell the Beav Auntie 'Mary' is glad he's feeling better lol

PAINTER- THAT IS SUCH BS!! RUDE RUDE RUDE BUYERS. I told my husband the other day they are so ballsy !! Seems to be a lot of rude people running around whether buyers or not - something happened and common courtesy just flew out the door. Speaking of NOT rude people, my landlord/neighbors who felt so bad about A have been working all weekend and today on my backyard where they're going to put in a covered patio (and at some point enlarge kitchen area). They really felt bad for me so they got started sooner than I thought. God I love my neighbors.

17 MORE DAYS WITH mentally challenged AGENT.
Yeah and good bye lame A##

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I

I didn't plan on listing until March anyways--so what's another month? I guess I could list it and then hope no-one buys it until mid April or hope that someone new buys it that never saw the place. When they call to view...I will ask if they've seen it before with my ex-realtor.

He did say "Only clients they actively brought to my listing"....

Girl they've done crap for you, so the odds of someone 'they' worked with coming back are about the same odds as we discussed on the other. You just do what you said, but the burdon is on the 'brokerage' to provide you with names of people they worked with - so make them give you what they are supposed to give you according to how the holdover clause reads in your contract. They want to play hardball, well . . . if it says they have to give you names in writing, then make them do it. Teach them they ed with the wrong girl.

Sorry Painter. This selling is not for the weak of heart.
No it's not - and it ain't too fun on this end either. Ugh. I want to be lazy, not care about doing my job, taking care of clients, just sit back and hope the attorney does their job and we actually close. Why God, oh why lol (kind-of)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate