Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times

Advertisements

Painter what was it??? you're ok, right??
Nj, prayers for your friend and kudos for doing the right thing.
Joy, sorry bout your truck
emotionally drained here and tired, ugh.
thanks everyone for being happy for me can not wait for rest of campers to sell as well so i can share their happiness on my back deck with some wine looking out at the mountains
Oh! my sister will come up from Az to visit me mid February, and both my brothers will visit end of this month, one will be there to help us unload the truck!! so happy!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Hey Stoy, We are fine here and I have no idea what the boom was about. Had the pipes to the barn burst today, flooded it, well 3" deep anyway....now I will be out in the cold replacing pipes. Not in a hurry 'cuz I do have back up water for the big babies, just the same I have to do it.
Sounds like you will be having some good help there. With company coming your time will go faster and before you know it you will be on the road. Didn't you put most everything in storage? So you dont have alot of packing to do right?

Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
New Year greetings to all!
Been busy here somewhat, recovering from the long stint with DGD. Of course I now have hubby on the mend from the knee surgery and going to PT 3 times a week. Trying to start the new year right and get organized, starting with shuffling thru papers and throwing/shredding. Been dealing with bad left hip area, or lower back, can't really tell. Must be leftover stress! Takes a while to get standing straight in the mornings, UGH!

Way lots to try to catch up on LOL

I see quite a few, lacey, nj, tex, roth, have had BRRRR cold weather and snow. Days like this I do remember ONE thing I miss about Miami! Hope everyone stays warm and safe in it, no nasty spills or lack of heat!

Let's see.... Tex, your cruise is fast approaching. Hope that is fun, never done that. Not really sure what a real vacation is anyway. Saw you found the birthday list on the blog...I have a hard time remembering to look at it

STOY-
http://www.wearefriends.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/congrats.jpg (broken link)I bet you are sooooooo excited! It will be an adventure and hope it is all you anticipate!

Painter- I can overnight my snow shovel

Tambre- poor little pup...was he at least born out side where maybe he was sorta acclimated to the weather?? At least he has shelter and maybe your blankets will be extra insurance...

roth, any chance you can pull the listing until spring, do any little things that need doen and reprice it very agressively?? Or have you all at least considered renting it out?? SO you can be together?? AND WOW big CONGRATS to your DD!! What an accomplishment! I know you are so proud of her

I see Barb is gettign UN packed! and starting to make a dent in IT and make it HOME!! you go girl!

Jody I read recently that your area is supposedly picking up, so that is a good sign. Hopefully the local economy will improve enough for sales to pick up

JOY- try backing in hmm car repairs are cheap there too huh?

NJ- do your kids still have the mean bus driver? And don't they have those little bus shelters in your neighborhood for when it rains and is snowy? There were some neighborhoods back in Ga that had some & all pitched in to keep'em neat....Any modeling jobs for your girl lately?:? Did they like the bikes??

Niki, dear Niki. ALmost 2 yrs to the day of my divorce, I waited, prayed and went to therapy hoping my ex would come to his senses...and in retrospect that was 23 months of my life on hold.
You've gotten good advice here. YOU are WORTH taking care of yourself.And please don't be offended, but you need to look out for yourself and the kids, and quit letting him manipulate you, thru his behavior. Tell you kids what is going on...they probably already have a better grasp than you give them credit for. And to be blunt you need to see a lawyer (surely someone in your church circle can refer you) because in my opinion, God knows that we mere mortals sometimes must seek the law for assistance.
good luck and prayers for you & the kids

Okay peeps I need to run upstairs a bit
but wanted to say howdy!! and 2010 hugs all around!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Oh I forgot I wanted to post this....a good friend sent it to me, knowing my last year was rough & I was dreading the new one...she thought I might could use this 'handbook'...maybe you can too!

Handbook for 2010

Health
:

1. Drink plenty of water.
2.. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray and read your Bible daily.
6. Play more games .
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality
:

11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do it. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner about his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away -like algebra class - but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...

Society
:

25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day..
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life
:

32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

Last but not the least
:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Too exhausted to go back and read everything but from what I gather....

CAROL...PLEASE lock your doors!
ANNE....Girl, you are the BOMB! NIKI...please listen to what Anne told you! We are only here to help you. As outsiders looking in, we see what a smuck your husband is being to you and the kids. Your kids need to know the truth. I forget who said it, but they probably do already know part of it and are too afraid to ask you the rest. The things they are imagining is probably more scarier than the truth. You have to find a way to sit down with them and spell it out on their terms.

I'll try to catch up with the rest of y'all tomorrow night...just so sleepy...took my ABX and it makes me sleepy. At least my ear isn't hurting as much now. I am working 7-3 at my secondary job and have some running to do after work then home to pack. Thursday ...hair appt and then drop Watson off at my friends.

OH...I forgot....WOO HOO STOY!!!! I am so excited but to dang tired to dance right now...but my heart is leaping for joy for you and DH!!!!
Thanks Sara--looking forward to the cruise!! I'll catch up with the rest of your post tomorrow night...can't believe how tired I am.
Joy...I know there was somethign I wanted to say but can't remember...OK...night all...talk to y'all tomorrow night.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Morning girls! No mishaps coming home last night from the office lol

Sara i only WISH i could back up my pick-up into a single car carport lol I can use my mirrors fine, but road is narrow with deep drainage ditches (going in 1 of those would NOT be good), and literally never a car in my neighbor across the streets driveway so it's easier to just back straight out into their driveway! Whoops! Anyway, not only cheap fix, but when I came home last night they were there (evidently their son is renting the house now) and the guy did a great job on the bumper - looked better than it did B4 I punched a huge hole in it lol so yeah I was pretty happy about cheap fix and that the guy did such a good job.

Carol, that sucks about pipes bursting. Had that happen in CO, but thank god doesn't get cold enough here for that to happen - course shouldn't be cold there either. Ugh. I agree - let them be until you get some warm weather. And loud boom probably those Ahole neighbors shooting something off - with them you just never know.

Shel, dang girl you sound tired just reading your post. I'm sure you'll remember what you wanted to say to me LOL So glad I'm not the only one who does that - what I hate is when I'm in mid sentence talking to a client and forget where I was 'going' I pause, then remember but dang sometimes the old brain doesn't work right. Cruise coming up girl and glad you'll get some good rest.

Barb, did you and the girls get some pictures hung? I think you had a Dr. appointment yesterday - how'd it go? Did you find out about infection as well as discuss pain management? How about a Chiro? Sorry, guess I'm nagging, huh lol but we love ya girl.

Stoy, that's just so great about things working out with mortgage. God always opens that window WHEN things are meant to be. You obviously were meant to get that house so that window opened for you. I as well will be happy when you post, 'we're here and I'm enjoying my mountain views!"

Annie, you're probably dealing with sideways sally lol your idea about food scented candle for present was a stroke of genious. Soon, she won't fit into the bus even doing it sideways. How's Mia feeling? Scott still putting in those long a## shifts? (and where's that DNA girl?)

Lacey hope everything good for you and Mr. L. and you're staying warm - or as warm as you can be during a MN winter. Have so many people come in that are from that area and I always tell them I have a friend who lives in MN so I KNOW how frickin' cold it is there lol

Lorrie can't wait for pics of pooches what's the weather like where you're at? Windy here now, but then again we are in our 'windy' month.

Amy, hope farm living is going great and you're getting everything unpacked and settling in.

Niki, we've all been trying to help you honey from personal experiences, friends experiences &, on my end - personal & professional since I used to work with attorneys. Trust me when I say the kids know something is up & they really need to know what's going on. Their little imaginations are going wild. My DS dad & I split up with he was 3 1/2 & once we both told him we loved him & it had nothing to do with our love for him, we just couldn't live together, he understood. But as others pointed out the writing is all over the wall the man not only has issues, but does not want to be married anymore. I am willing to bet once you come to terms with that, file & get your rightful child support (plus you'd be most likely entitled to alimony), he'll keep in touch with the kids more. He's avoiding them 'now' because he knows you want to stay married so essentially he's not avoiding 'them', but you. He's a selfish jerk for treating such a good wife this way & the poor kids -once he's not feeling guilty about 'you', there's a very good chance he'll be a better father to his kids. Now he's just avoiding everything & not even providing enough money to help YOU take care of the kids - child support is calculated on income PLUS which parent has the children the most & I can tell you, unless he's in a very low paying job, it will at least be in the $175 a month per child range just in CS (I know of guys with several kids who are paying around $800 a month total in CS). It's your decision, but please put self aside and think of those precious children - they deserve better & as they say 'the truth shall set you free'

To other campers i forgot, hope you have a good day and now I need to get ready to head to the office. I've figured out that Misty's behavior issues have to do with the fact she's gotten older and hormones are kicking in. So waiting for them to have the spay/neuter clinic they do once a month so I can have her spayed - then no more hormones lol I was telling my assistant's DH, with her translating, that Misty is going through PMS lol when she translated it he got a smile on his face and just used his head to nod in Naiky's direction and kind-of rolled his eyes like "yeah, I know what you mean' lol He's a great guy but as strong of a woman as Naiky has become I'm sure when it's 'that time' she's a handful lol

OK girls see ya later and I will be checking that driveway again before I back out

Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Joy today the temp is higher but I feel colder-we expecting snow so must be the humidity.

Ugh have dentist shortly and I'm not a dentist person-I know I should go regularly and did in NJ as I loved mine but have not had good experiences out here. Stupid cause we pay monthly for freakin dental ins.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Lacey, i have the dentist today, too. can't wait. kinda, i dont mind it.
took half day at work today, why not? hehe.
Sara, i like that!! but i'm adding to #11, "or what their journey has been".

Old 01-06-2010, 11:15 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good luck Stoy. Have a feeling I'm not getting good news.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:25 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Joy today the temp is higher but I feel colder-we expecting snow so must be the humidity.

Ugh have dentist shortly and I'm not a dentist person-I know I should go regularly and did in NJ as I loved mine but have not had good experiences out here. Stupid cause we pay monthly for freakin dental ins.
good luck at dentist Lace!! Is it just a routine cleaning? I love that fresh taste and feel after mine get cleaned.........Good luck girl!! Have a glass of wine when you get home! to take the edge off !!

Hia Stoy--------good luck at your dentist appt. too!

Quote:
CAROL...PLEASE lock your doors!
ANNE....Girl, you are the BOMB! NIKI...please listen to what Anne told you! We are only here to help you. As outsiders looking in, we see what a smuck your husband is being to you and the kids. Your kids need to know the truth. I forget who said it, but they probably do already know part of it and are too afraid to ask you the rest. The things they are imagining is probably more scarier than the truth. You have to find a way to sit down with them and spell it out on their terms.
GREAT POST SHEL! You hit nail on head. Thank you to you too!!! You are a peach my friend.

JOYOUS- FAB post .

Niki- we sure have a great group of girls here!! I hope you come back to the board soon and see what everyone posted to you because we do care!

Another cold day here................Shel, stoked, stoked, stoked are the words of the day for you LOL>>>>Drink a Bahama Mama for me, would you????

Barb- how are you? What is temp in CA?how is Carl feeling?
Tambre- how are you girl? How is that little puppy?????How are you adjusting out there??

Sara- LOL I wish kids had overhead---we are in residential town not in city....so no overhangs.....at bus stop.!.We just wait outside the door...we are by the corner so we are pretty close to the stop...the bus stops on corners through our development,,.,
Yes, bus driver and sidekick still not too nice!A hair nicer since I gave them candles for Xmas. I thought they might give the kids a little something their last day of school for winter break---but they got nothing!! Ya think a simple candy cane for the kiddos that take the bus every day!! Cheap skates LOL>>>
I liked #2 under Health section lol..thanks for sharing!

P.S. ANOTHER NEW YEARS RESOLUTION:
Be short and sweet like Lacy's posts!!!!!!!!!! I keep writing novels.Argh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate