Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times

Advertisements

OMG Joy!!

Well he just called and he has------tonsilltis! Doc has him on antibiotics-cannot believe in a matter of 2 hrs he can sound like he did. Teaches me,again, to never celebrate early.

Up since 3-so bedtime for me.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:25 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Joy, SHE is a HE??? OMG..but IT looks like a SHE..Well let us know the determination, maybe hormones went silly and he/she has both?? Now we have to think of a male name..hmmm...

Niki, that doctor is full of crap. Sorry to put it so bluntly..My son was in the hospital with pneumonia for several days when he was about 12..he got sick real fast..please keep trying..I don't know what you can do to make him take it, you have to take mental charge of this kid. You are the MOM. How long has he been sick now, almost 2 weeks..is he missing school? its not good for a child that age to not eat, they are growing and this could hurt him that way too..Please Niki take charge now..you can do it..You have to do it.

Ok need to fix dinner. I am awful at it..not much in the house because I never know what to go buy..no plan..anyone have an easy way to plan for simple meals...this is one area I have always lacked in..did better when the kids were home, had to have meals on the table, but now with it just the two of us, its hard. And DP doesnt cook except for French toast, which by the way is yummier than mine.

sheesh.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:34 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG Joy!!

Well he just called and he has------tonsilltis! Doc has him on antibiotics-cannot believe in a matter of 2 hrs he can sound like he did. Teaches me,again, to never celebrate early.

Up since 3-so bedtime for me.
Tonsillitis poor Mr. L gets tonsillitis on top of everything else he just went through? Well thank God it isn't more serious - the tonsillitis I mean, which can be treated with antibiotics. Wonder if the anathesia (sp) and respirator from surgery spurred it on I still have mine too, tonsils that is. Get some sleep girl and at least Mr. L. is already in hospital being cared for so all will be well. XX Wonder if his great doc can do something about my hermaphrodite cat?

Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Joy, SHE is a HE??? OMG..but IT looks like a SHE..Well let us know the determination, maybe hormones went silly and he/she has both?? Now we have to think of a male name..hmmm...
Already have one - he/she's nickname: Shredder lol dear lord what next? Actually when I say "No Shredder' I get a response - maybe not the one I want, but he/she knows the name so . . .

Old 02-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Got home last night and our dog watcher must be giving the dogs differrent treats. The had the most HORRIBLE farts that it was hard to be in the same room with them. Then DH got up in the middle of the night because Chester wanted to go out. He sai that Hershey had puked in his kennel so he had to wash his blanket. He said he left him in the office because he could not sleep in his kennel without a blanket. Well, woke up this morning to diareah all over the office. It smells so horrible that Connor was gagging. We has a carpet cleaner but that is not doing the trick at all. We will probably have to have our carpets cleaned now. A nice little welcome home from the pups! LOL
Oh NO!!! What a mess to clean up---poor you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Gary and I had our biopsy results and he does have once again Squamous cell on his hand they will take it out this morning using the Mohes (sp) surgery. The surgeon when he took the growths out of my nose and on my arm got it all and it was not cancer. I will go next week to have him freeze it I have no idea why he wants to do that also since they both are gone. So one year of worry need not have been I hate doctors.
Lacey once agin my prayers are with you.
Love, Lorrie
That is great that your nose/arm wasn't cancer. Is it a big spot for Gary? When is he having the surgery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-back from hospital and wow what a difference in 24 hrs or less.

Got to ICU about 7:30 and he was talkative, johing, color was great and told me they even took his appendix!

Moved to a regular room and washed up, sitting up and reading the paper. No liquids or foods for another day or two. I cannot believe the turnaround and attribute it to the many thoughts and prayers.

He will be in til next week and SIL is not coming-I asked her to wait til he's totally healed-maybe by then we'll sell and be moved-LOL.
I'm doing the happy dance for you and Mr. L!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Tex had an appt with the ENT..wonder what was wrong and hope they get her ear problem fixed. My left ear bugging me, feels like a hair in there now and then..then I move and that sensation stops..DP has looked in there a couple times, with a flashlight, can't see anything..BAH.
My ear feels great today!! He said the infection I had back in 2000 most likely destroyed my wax glands. Your ear canal is coated with a thin layer of wax...mine no longer is...just dry itchy skin (sort of like eczema). He cleaned all that debri out of my ears and then painted them with a solution of anti-fungal cream and acetic acid (kind of like vinegar). They immediately felt better! He gave me a script for ear gtts that I can start using on Thursday. The goal is to get the skin in the canals restored to normal. He said that sometimes the wax glands are totally destroyed and won't come back which could be the case for me because this has existed for over 10 years. He said I would probably need to come back periodically to clean out the debri and have my canals "painted" again. I'm a fan of his!!!

Go away box people!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 PM

Lace, WOW...what an exhausting day for you. So it was Crohn's after all. It sure seemed like it was to me with the way it was showing itself. Just couldn't figure out why after all those scopes and CT scans they couldn't say definitively. Well now you have your answers and it is uphill from here on out!

Glad to hear you were treated well at the hospital. No--we don't allow visitors to stay in rooms in the ICU during the night either. #!--you need your rest as well and you are not getting the sleep you need sleeping in a recliner. #2--we are constantly in the room --every 2 hrs doing vitals, monitor urine out put and dressings/incisions etc...We would wake you up and sometimes you would impede our care by having to step around recliners, etc..

THANK GOD he had surgery because those abdominal fistulas could have caused peritonitis and that is a whole other issue. 18 inches??? Tell him it won't take as long to scope him next time!!

That had to be scary when you walked into the ICU and saw everyone working on him.

Glad the sil is not coming--you have enough to deal with! If you need to talk, you have my phone #!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Oh NO!!! What a mess to clean up---poor you!!

That is great that your nose/arm wasn't cancer. Is it a big spot for Gary? When is he having the surgery?

I'm doing the happy dance for you and Mr. L!

My ear feels great today!! He said the infection I had back in 2000 most likely destroyed my wax glands. Your ear canal is coated with a thin layer of wax...mine no longer is...just dry itchy skin (sort of like eczema). He cleaned all that debri out of my ears and then painted them with a solution of anti-fungal cream and acetic acid (kind of like vinegar). They immediately felt better! He gave me a script for ear gtts that I can start using on Thursday. The goal is to get the skin in the canals restored to normal. He said that sometimes the wax glands are totally destroyed and won't come back which could be the case for me because this has existed for over 10 years. He said I would probably need to come back periodically to clean out the debri and have my canals "painted" again. I'm a fan of his!!!

Go away box people!
Oh glad your ear is better, I know how much it was bugging you..so debri, eh..hope the ear painting and drops help..

Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 PM

Default Rated PG 17

OK - here's how to tell the sex of a kitten. If one is easily offended, please avert your eyes and this picture is intended for mature audiences only, and educational purposes

Shredder it is. If you look at Albert's baby picture and remember the story that at first I thought he was a female too because of face shape and all that - then my friend checked and said 'she' was a 'he' (she was cat expert), well after getting up close and personal it's confirmed - scratches all over my hands/arms, but confirmed. So from now on HE shall 'officially' be known as Shredder LMAO considering I used that name anyway for a nickname, HE knows it. Maybe I need to get him a Guns & Roses T Shirt to wear Slash, Shredder . . .

Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Well, at least we know. Shredder it is..yes HE needs a t shirt.. thanks for the info, I did not know that at all..

Old 02-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Niki: Did you even read anything I wrote about pneumonia?

If the doctor isn't worried, then he probabably has VIRAL, not BACTERIAL pneumonia! BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA can put you in the hospital on a ventilator!! And for that doc's information, you do NEED ABX'S to treat BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA! Please re-read what I posted in re: to pneumonia. There were 2 links that I posted as well.

Yea...people did deal with pneumonia prior to abx's ...maybe you should google the 1918 influenza epidemic and what happened to all those people "prior to abx's"! That "flu" killed more people (women, men and CHILDREN) than any WAR has ever killed people! THAT'S A FACT! Here's a link ...(yea, it's the flu, but my point is bacterial pneumonia needs to be treated with abx's as well)

The 1918 Influenza Pandemic

It's your kid--do whatever you want or think is best, but for Sean not taking his medicine...what are you going to do if he ever comes down with something more serious? He needs to learn how to take medicine. My God, little kids much younger than him take their meds. Take a look at St. Judes telethons some day and see all those brave little kids taking chemo!!! I agree with whoever posted it--he is probably acting out over what is going on with you and your husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate