Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
After he gets home from phys therapy we are moving boxes in the garage from one side to the other..then we are going to measure the wall and the guy is going to make up cabinets for us..12 feet of cabinets, cabinet grade wood that can be stained or painted, with adjustable shelves, for $650..and he thinks he can have them ready to install on MONDAY. My heart be still..so I am going to try to go through some of the boxes while we are moving them..its going to be cool and overcast tomorrow so a good day to be working out there..me and the one armed bandido.
That is great Barb!! WOW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Whoo-hoo our son closed on their new house!!!!!
I missed this too!! WOO HOO--congrats to him!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Shredder says hey!
Hey Shredder!!! Take it easy on Mama's hands!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all-snowing but not sure how roads are as it's dark-it's always freakin' dark here.

Have a body scan at dermatologist at 10-been waiting over a year for this appt. Hopefully I can make it and the hosp is right next door. Have to see if Mr. L got that face shaved!

Those in this storm's path be safe-it's an ugly one.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:19 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Morning all-snowing but not sure how roads are as it's dark-it's always freakin' dark here.

Have a body scan at dermatologist at 10-been waiting over a year for this appt. Hopefully I can make it and the hosp is right next door. Have to see if Mr. L got that face shaved!

BE CAREFUL! body scan? wow! good luck my friend... omg, too funny what you said about lining up another man lol..............Prayers for Mr. L. Glad he is on mend.
So happy your son closed on his home Jud!!!

We have been upgraded to a possible Blizzard coming! Can NJ handle it? they delayed over 2 hrs. for 1 inch of snow on MOn.... 12-18 inches or up to 2 feet.!

I only have to go to one more store today....and am DONE! SNOWBOUND and ready, armed with my snow shovel lol...

Quote:
quietly typing yes :: already have 2 or 3 bags in the freezer of yours, one in fridge and brought 1 to the office. EVERYONE said they were fabulous girl. My assistant eyes just lit up when she ate one (then she grabbed like 5 more when she was racing out the door to go to municipality lol) I showed her the pics of the kids, Watson, Barb and Carl, drawings and thought SHE was going to cry. HHI going good lol now to just get the primary house done but we're almost there then a big Whew!
MARY JOY POPPINS! awwwwwwwwwww! I am glad you liked them sister! OH! I meant to ask how were the chocolate peppermint crushed cookies>? those I made for the first time with cocoa as the key ingredient...wicked good as I wanted to stash a few for myselflol

THE DUCT TAPED CAN LOL....whew! I kept taping over and over because I kept thinking omg what if they get really stale> so I kept on rolling with the tape!! I knew you would like the palm tree that my daughter colored! nice and warm weather there!

Shel-------Watson had a ball in the park -that is awesome..wait til he frolicks through the snow for our East Coast blizzard we are going to get!

Barb- wheres the sod..We should get t-shirts made. "Where's the SOD"? lol.

more later. Kidlet time..they will probably send them home early with the snow coming loll Not happening til after 4p today...they will be home by 415p....

Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:

The news is saying this is the biggest snow in 7 years! I'm getting scared...how am I going to get home from work tomorrow morning. I wouldn't care about staying over at the hospital, but I am worried about Watson. I can't depend on my neighbor because she hasn't come through before when I needed her too.

WOW--body scan....that sounds interesting. What are they looking for?

When is the snow supposed to start for you? Ours is starting around noon, and the heaviest snow will come this evening. I should be able to make it to work. How come every time it snows--it's always my turn to work!?!?!

YOU BE CAREFUL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We have been upgraded to a possible Blizzard coming! Can NJ handle it? they delayed over 2 hrs. for 1 inch of snow on MOn.... 12-18 inches or up to 2 feet.!

I only have to go to one more store today....and am DONE! SNOWBOUND and ready, armed with my snow shovel lol...

Shel--Watson had a ball in the park -that is awesome..wait til he frolicks through the snow for our East Coast blizzard we are going to get!..
Yes they are saying NJ is going to get hammered with snow. They are calling it a blizzard. They are already doing 2 hour early dismissals here in Pittsburgh from the schools.

Watson is going to LOVE this--he loves frolicking in the snow! He eats it and plows through it head first....hysterical!!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Morning girls! Wow that's a lot of snow coming your way. Weather patterns have been so out of whack, even here, that it's got to the point when people ask, so when is the rainy season I tell them "when I look out my window and it's raining' lol Remember several years of horrible droughts in CO where even in Summit at 9100' it was like 86 in NOVEMBER First year, being a gardener I was in hog heaven, but the next year when it did the same thing, well . . . even I was praying for snow. I am talking ski resort country and man it's not good when you're in the mountains, ski resorts and NO snow.

Lacey what kind of body scan they doing? I wouldn't mind having one if Colin Farrell was doing it lol do you have a car or a SUV? Remember those Blizzaks I keep talking about. I swear girls they'll keep you on the worst of roads. Just drive safe girl.

Same to you, Shel and Annie - if you have to drive be careful! Shelly I forget what kind of car you drive but will keep you in my prayers that things hold off until you get home to Watson. If not, well . . . worst that will happen is that you'll have a mess to clean up and he won't be too happy.

and yes, Annie, the tape did the trick 'cause ALL of the cookies were as fresh as if you had taken them out of the oven. You should have seen the look on Naiky's face when she took one out of the zip lock I'd brought, took a bite then grabbed like 5 more as she was racing out the door to go run errands. Do let Mia know just loved the pic and already have the new whiteboard in my truck so I can re-do it and all of you will be looking over my shoulder while I work.

Think Barb under yours and Carl's pic gonna hang one of the cookies you sent would certainly be a conversation piece LOL so I'm gathering the sod is still MIA and like Annie's idea for T shirts "where's the SOD". Still think Carl just prayed harder so he'd get the grass he wanted. Glad you liked the picture and gonna leave you girls with another chuckle.

Shredder is actually doing better now that I know the correct sex - still gets into things but not nearly as bad as when I was calling him a girls name. Now that I call him Shredder he's doing a lot better behavior wise - maybe he was trying to get the point across 'hey you dumb woman, look between my legs! I'm a boy' lol

Rest of the campers must be out and about doing their chores, stocking up on food and whatnot but hope everyone has a great day. I need to hit emails

Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Joy...love the pic! I have an SUV. It is all wheel drive, not 4 wheel drive.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Joy...love the pic! I have an SUV. It is all wheel drive, not 4 wheel drive.
Well I keep harping on Blizzaks or however you spell them (really don't know if they make them for SUVs but would think so), 'cause those things literally will take any kind of road conditions (snowpacked/icy) and stop on a dime. That's how I was able to get up the Georgetown hill in a sports car when SUV were off the road in snowbanks. Anyway, maybe check them out - I know you'll be going to Austin and can always then sell them to someone still living in the area (of course at a used price), but I drove with them in enough bad Colorado winters that they literally were the only thing keeping me on the roads sometimes, especially going up a hill. The driveway up to our house was one steep mother and no problemo when icy/snowpacked getting up to house.

OK emails now - keep putting them off lol

Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
The news is saying this is the biggest snow in 7 years! I'm getting scared...how am I going to get home from work tomorrow morning. I wouldn't care about staying over at the hospital, but I am worried about Watson. I can't depend on my neighbor because she hasn't come through before when I needed her too.

WOW--body scan....that sounds interesting. What are they looking for?

When is the snow supposed to start for you? Ours is starting around noon, and the heaviest snow will come this evening. I should be able to make it to work. How come every time it snows--it's always my turn to work!?!?!

YOU BE CAREFUL!!

Yes they are saying NJ is going to get hammered with snow. They are calling it a blizzard. They are already doing 2 hour early dismissals here in Pittsburgh from the schools.

Watson is going to LOVE this--he loves frolicking in the snow! He eats it and plows through it head first....hysterical!!
Shelly, can you call in sick, of course if everyone did that, not a good plan..I would leave plenty of water out for Sir Watson, does he graze food or do you feed him at certain times? if he is free fed, you could just leave a big bowl..so you have some poo and pee in the house..at least he will have plenty of food and water..

Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Things is Tex has a job where she's needed. Does the hosp has transportation for you Tex? Watson should be okay with extra food and water. Just you be safe.

The body scan is so skin cancer-history of it in family and I had melanoma removed from my shoulder 10 yrs. ago. She biopsied my left shoulder and niitrous oxide sprayed some areas.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Shelly, can you call in sick, of course if everyone did that, not a good plan..I would leave plenty of water out for Sir Watson, does he graze food or do you feed him at certain times? if he is free fed, you could just leave a big bowl..so you have some poo and pee in the house..at least he will have plenty of food and water..
Quote:
Things is Tex has a job where she's needed. Does the hosp has transportation for you Tex? Watson should be okay with extra food and water. Just you be safe.

The body scan is so skin cancer-history of it in family and I had melanoma removed from my shoulder 10 yrs. ago. She biopsied my left shoulder and niitrous oxide sprayed some areas.
Yea...can't call off sick...not permitted on snow days or else everyone would do it! I think I can make it to work. It will be coming home that will be difficult, which is why I'm worried about Sir Watson. I do free feed him, so I will put extra food in the bowl and lots of water. I don't care about the pee and poo. It will be in a confined area.

I was wondering if it was skin cancer--the reason for body scan. I pray for good results! How is Don? How's the weather there?

Carol: Where are you? Wondering if you heard from your realtor. You usually post in the morning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate