Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times

Advertisements

Hey all!!!! sorry i havent checked in sooner. still no internet at the house. maybe in a week.
once we got here (no problems driving here) it basically snowed for a week, about 30-36 inches total. so all we did, since we had no furniture, tv, cell reception, was shovel (our driveway is very long with a hill). didnt get our upack truck til we were here one week. once we got our furniture, and snowblower, we havent gotten much snow. but getting more over the next few days.
but we love it here, love our house, love the area. slowly looking for jobs, too.
funny how relaxed I feel, and at home, here.
setting up to get satellite tv for later this week. hopefully.
hope everyone is doing well, i will try to catch up a bit, but if someone can summarize??
hugs, and talk soon, stoy

Old 02-06-2010, 12:37 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey all!!!! sorry i havent checked in sooner. still no internet at the house. maybe in a week.
once we got here (no problems driving here) it basically snowed for a week, about 30-36 inches total. so all we did, since we had no furniture, tv, cell reception, was shovel (our driveway is very long with a hill). didnt get our upack truck til we were here one week. once we got our furniture, and snowblower, we havent gotten much snow. but getting more over the next few days.
but we love it here, love our house, love the area. slowly looking for jobs, too.
hope everyone is doing well, i will try to catch up a bit, but if someone can summarize??
So glad to hear from you and hear you are doing well! I am so happy you love your new home. It is amazing what peace it brings you to be in a place you love, huh?

Lacey! So I have something that might be a little bright spot for you. Connor has a playdate today for one of his classmates. His mom just dropped him off and we were talking about where exactly they lived. She was telling us and in the middle of it said that they are from Alex. She said they moved here to the cities last March because her husband grew up here. Well, it turns out they are homesick and are thinking about moving back to Alex! If I hear anything more about it, I will just have to tell them that I know the PERFECT house for them!

Kristine

Old 02-06-2010, 01:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post

Hi Stoy! Digging out from downunder here!!! So glad you are loving it there~!!Any job prospects out there?

Shel- starting to rethink the NY move with all the snow here LOL>>maybe I will tail with you lol..

Old 02-06-2010, 02:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Good afternoon peeps..I slept in today can ya believe it, til 9:30. Carl, bless hs heart, shut the bedroom door so the dogs would not disturb me..guess I was tired and its raining, that is a soothing sound to me, probably a combo of it all..so got up, coffee'd up..and we went and moved some boxes around in the garage so we could measure the width of that wall..anyway the cabinet guy Tim will be here on Tuesday to install....so I am jazzed..I feel like I see a teeny light at the end of the box tunnel.

Stoy! Good to see you girlfriend...thank you for checking in...i bet you are antsy to get the internet hooked up..glad you feel at home already..sometimes it takes a while..check in when you can!

Tambre, your words to Niki so true, we all mean well..

Well, just chillaxin here..NJ, Joy, Lacey, Painter, Tex if you see this, Tambre, Stoy and everyone else have a safe day out there...

hugs to you all..maybe I will take a nap

Old 02-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Hey everyone....stranded here at the hospital. Pittsburgh was declared a state of emergency. The roads were impassable last night and this morning. The only personel who were permitted on the roads were emergence vehicles, first responders, docs and nurses. My street was closed, so I couldn't have made it home even if I tried. I would have had to walk over 2 miles in over 2 feet of snow to get home. My neighbor trudged through the snow and got Watson--he is now safe in their home.

So guess what I will be doing all day tomorrow??? Shoveling out the dang driveway. That should be FUN!!!

ANNIE---YES!! Give up the dream of NY and move to TX!!! (By the way, thanks for talking some sense into me this morning when I was thinking about driving home!) Just think--you will have a built in babysitter/sister/friend/godmother all in one!!

STOY!!! Great to hear from you!

JOY---All I'm gonna say is "you lucky dog" with all that sunshine down there.

LACE---How much did you end up getting from this storm? How is Mr. L doing today?

BARB---Sorry to hear "no sod", but now Carl can get the type of grass he wanted. He must have been praying really hard!!

Thanks for all the prayers and safe journey sentiments everyone!

Moderator cut: personal - off topic

As for Niki--I apologize to you as well. Sara was right--just because we give out advice, doesn't mean you have to take it. I think Amy hit the nail on the head when she said "tough love". You weren't listening to any of the marital advice (we all were only trying to protect you and the kids AND your assets), so when the situation with Sean came up and you weren't listening--we came down kind of hard. That is part of my background (health/medicine) and I just couldn't fathom what was going on with Sean not taking his medicine, etc... But again--the advice is yours to take or ignore. I will no longer give you advice, because I don't feel that you want it. However...I will point you in the direction of other forums that could possibly help you in the future. Lace hit the nail on the head stating where you should seek advice re: those situations. Again, I'm sorry.

We all have a connection on here so when someone vents, our natural instincts are to offer suggestions, advice, or whatever.

Last edited by Marka; 02-08-2010 at 04:20 AM..

Old 02-06-2010, 03:02 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Tex glad you are safe and hopefully when you are done with shift the roads will be passable.

DE is 30" and counting I heard.

Hammy whoo-hoo-bonus for you girl if they do!

Tambe-I never took the advice you gave as harsh-we all tried to reason with reason.

Stoy-you sound so happy and content and the move was the right thing for sure-just like Tam,Hammy and Barb.

Mr. L's doing goodlittle burning after walking and still on soft foods til Monday probably. Fill in doc said he could go home and I could pack wounds-NO WAY!!!!! Our surgeon said no home til they close. Lacey ain't a nurse.

NJS stay in and safe.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Mr. L's doing goodlittle burning after walking and still on soft foods til Monday probably. Fill in doc said he could go home and I could pack wounds-NO WAY!!!!! Our surgeon said no home til they close. Lacey ain't a nurse.
LOL!! I don't blame you--put your foot down! Those fill in docs/week-enders are clueless most of the time!

We got over 24" here in the 'Burgh. Anne--how many inches did y'all end up getting. I bet Noah and Mia are loving this snow! Are they feeling better that they are able to go out and play in it?

Did you eat your GB chicken salad? I'm sure it was ok to eat.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:46 PM

Okay youngest grand just told me they have 3 ft. and snow has stopped but Mom won't let her out. G-Ma she says that's like putting a huge bowl of ice cream in front of a kid and saying don't touch! She is her Mom's child for sure.

Tex the surgeon knows me well and we will talk!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Lacey, no way, do not let them send him home with you for nurse..uh no..

Tex, glad you are safe and Watsaboo is at the neighbors, now you dont need to worry about our little fella..

still raining here..I know big deal..I am enjoying it..I saw so much rain last year in WA I never thought I would want to see rain again but in the desert its refreshing..

Ok going to make an impossible pie for dinner..I have some chicken and cheese and canned asparagus..that might work...seems like a good night for a hot dish..

later camperellas..

Old 02-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Sounds good DogM. I made a baked sweet potato and sald. No great meals here latley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate