Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,035 times

Advertisements

Lace: yes, I do know about dumping syndrome. Here is a link on it!

Dumping syndrome - MayoClinic.com

It is common after colon surgery. That is why I wanted to know what part of the colon they removed. Is it near the ileum? Let me know. That link has very good info in it. There are ways to treat dumping syndrome...ie: smaller meals, eat low carb/high protein foods...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Don't know-just 18" small intestine. Thanx for the link.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Don't know-just 18" small intestine. Thanx for the link.
Small intestines, huh? So I bet it was part of the ileum that was removed. The ileum is the beginning of the small intestines. When we scope, we navigate through the large intestine until we reach the ileum. Our goal is the ileum because usually we find disease there...crohns, UC, polyps....

I wouldn't worry about dumping syndrome--it can be controlled.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,204 times
Hi Ladies,

Snowing here. Expecting about 2-5 inches, so not so bad. Not feeling great...body aches, scratchy throat, headache.

So is this the week they are filming, Joy? Dogmom, would love to see pictures of the wildflowers in the desert Little Watson, what a little beasty, chewing up Mommy's stuff! Too cute to be mad at for long, though. Lacey, hope the weather lets up and you can make a trip to the hospital soon. Painter and Jody, hope the market picks up.

Went to an antique auction yesterday, just to look. There were some serious bargains being had, and then some junk sold that I can't believe people would buy!

Hi to everyone else.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Hi Tam-feel better. Hot toddy for you girl.

Thanx ex-also I read that Mayo link and it seemed more gastro reduction related.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:33 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK..my neighbor just called me and told me that we are getting another 4-8 inches of snow again on Tues night! I am ready to close up shop and go to TX on a travel assignment.

Do y'all think this would work for my snowed in driveway!?!? I think it would melt the snow very effectively!!!
LOL yeah, Shel think that would work like a charm on that driveway. Holy Moly girl lower setting you could even melt the frozen poop on Watson

Lacey, sorry weather sucks and Mr. L. staying in hospital, but at least he's eating and he really will be taken care of there so WHEN he comes home everything will be great! Thank God we have Nurse Shel to help answer questions - I'm totally clueless on intestines, well except for you know

Amy, yes filming starts this Friday, which is also Carnival weekend, crew arrives on Thursday so franticially trying to get everything together. Since we are a 'full disclosure brokerage' my staff had this lovely sign put up pointing towards my private office LOL

OK back to my padded room I go! Later girls!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi Tam-feel better. Hot toddy for you girl.

Thanx ex-also I read that Mayo link and it seemed more gastro reduction related.
Dumping occurs with gastric bypass because the food bypasses the stomach. It can occur with Mr. L's type of surgery, but doubt that it will. The absorption of food takes place within the small intestines. But he only had 18" removed. I really don't think it will be an issue for Mr. L.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
LOL yeah, Shel think that would work like a charm on that driveway. Holy Moly girl lower setting you could even melt the frozen poop on Watson

Amy, yes filming starts this Friday, which is also Carnival weekend, crew arrives on Thursday so franticially trying to get everything together. Since we are a 'full disclosure brokerage' my staff had this lovely sign put up pointing towards my private office LOL

OK back to my padded room I go! Later girls!
Joy: soon the craziness will be gone and you will be on TV!!!

Poor Watsaboo--he doesn't even want to go outside to poo/pee---can't say I blame him!

Old 02-08-2010, 12:25 PM

Let's hear it for the first meal Mr. L's had since Jan 28th! For lunch he had roast beef, mashed pots and peas! Told him I bet it tasted like heaven!

Old 02-08-2010, 01:27 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Morning girls - ugh the beginning of He@@ week (laughing insanely)

Lacey, that's great neighbor helped out like that. Sounds like you have some good ones. Will you get word today about when Mr. L. released from hospital? Know you're having 'the talk' with surgeon and do let us know what he says. Prayers as always being sent.

Hey Shel, I know you weren't laughing 'cause they are expensive - I didn't mean to, was just thinking of Shredder and NOTHING is safe with this cat. One morning when hardlined in the dang thing raced from bathroom to living room window, lept up right on cord from internet cable box, pulled it down and my laptop flew off onto non-carpeted floor I literally prayed the thing would still work which thank God it did. So I'm glad you don't hate me - though shouldn't have laughed, just was thinking of Shredder. Glad you're getting driveway plowed and shame Lacey's SIL isn't there or he could plow it for you lol

Morning Annie - weather patterns are all screwed up around the world, here too. I never know what the day will bring until I look out the window. And I'm sure you love snow days 2 kids, trying to keep them occupied and not get bored. LOL on cookies - this cat is out of control enough without sugar OMG just the thought of HIM lol with sugar in him, but being the good mom I am I did have 'his' share for him

Barb, hows the headache today - still think maybe weather changes. Can't say enough about how good those doors look and the changes you made to house, including those mugs lol The King get's whats left As it should be lol speaking of the one armed bandit, hows his arm feeling?

Amy hope everything be cool with you guys and still thinking about that delish BBQ you had. Have to call you Little Miss Green Acres lol

Jody, here's to a better week hon. Hope your nephew gets his act together and big prayers on that addendum and that things pick up for you.

Lorrie, hope you all doing good, furbabbies included. What's weather doing there?

Danielle, know you have a ton of snow and hopefully you'll get your satellite in this week. Makes being stuck at home so much better when ya can watch the boob-tube. Bet you're loving those views

Carol, guess you're out feeding horsies and doing chores. Is the weather being chillin' a bit for you so it's not so soggy? It's coming up on Spring girls so hopefully good weather will be there soon if not already.

Kristine, how's Natalie doing? Did she finally get over her cold so she and everyone else gets some sleep?

Sara, hope you and DH feeling better. Know all that twisting/turning with DH leg was pretty dang painful but hope PT paying off. Also hope you finally made it to Chiro so you get some relief.

OK feel like I'm forgetting someone 'cause brain going a mile a minute (so whoever I did forgive the old one), but wanted to pop in before I hit emails. I want this week gone lol didn't realize it but film shoot is right in the middle of carnival thank God they have the biggest celebrations down the hill, but still . . . Okay, the girl is off to the races. Catch up later girls!
\
A little sugar for the Shredder-- why not LOL...joking girl lol...

HOLY CRAP--- 12-18" of snow coming our way Tues. evening into Wed..... OK, it never snows this much in NJ! dayum!
MOst likely 2 hr. delay tomorrow and I am sure Wed. the twins will be off again!! They will be going to school until July LOL

Amy- good to see you girl!! You sound so happy out in the Ozarks!! woohoo! How are your dogs!!?

Lace- YAY for Mr. L! I am sure it felt so good for him to eat REAL food!!!
Shel- are you off the next few days?? Are you getting the storm?

Painter- where are you? What happened to the client interested??any news?

Barb- My headache finally went away..Ah.....a good feeling LOL..I feel your pain girl.. Did that sod ever come?

Joyous---HHI-- you better stick your head on the show!!!
stoy- are you getting internet soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate