Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Shell I'm all for surgery and get it over-but not my bod! Altho he did say one more and he will do it. I could never have enuf pages to list my surgeries!!!

NJS-keep Noah on the soup and get more for Mia-what goes around-goes around! GB has great chicken soup!

Hey I lost another 3 lbs in 3 weeks.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
JOY: That is so nice of your neighbors! Well...I am going to play it by ear and see when I get the house on the market...if it's before April then I will tell them to provide me with lists of names. I bet they can't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG! SHELLY! That is BS! Are you sure it isn't if someone comes into your realtor's agency and wants to buy your house....through THEM???? and comes back to you after your listing was up?? I thought if it was ANOTHER AGENCY then you can negotiate a commission with theM???
Noah on mend girls. Thank God. He is ravenous lol.
Glad to hear Noah is on the mend. There is something in chicken soup that is healing, but I forget what it is!!

No...it's whoever they brought to the house during the time it was listed with them and for 6 months following. So...if you list your home FSBO....so if someone whom your realtor showed the house to while your realtor had it as a listing...she (your realtor) could collect the commission if that person made an offer and you accepted. It's called a holdover clause! BEWARE Anne!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey I lost another 3 lbs in 3 weeks.
That's awesome!!

So...I'm a little confused. Do they want to do surgery or wait to see if it happens again with Mr.L?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Gosh I feel really bad..i am home alone, its dark and i have my jammas on..just not a good day..soo the bell rings and I ignore it...dogs are barking..not carl he comes in through the garage, well the bell rings again and I think maybe its carl and hes gonna make me hop over the little gate we have there and open the freakin door. I open it up, in my nighty and a heat wrap around my neck, and here is this little girl selling something..like a catalog with gift wrap or something. She asked real nice if i would like to buy something and all I said was, oh not tonight honey..

Well here i am a couple minutes later, nighty still on, heat on my neck and I just feel soooo bad. Now why do I feel so bad..of course, I have no cash on me and with the dogs barking like mad I wasnt going to go out to look in her catalog...but I feel bad..

Ok vented. not sure that I feel better, but I vented:-/

Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
JOY: That is so nice of your neighbors! Well...I am going to play it by ear and see when I get the house on the market...if it's before April then I will tell them to provide me with lists of names. I bet they can't do it!

Bet they can't either LOL too frickin' lame

Glad to hear Noah is on the mend. There is something in chicken soup that is healing, but I forget what it is!!

No...it's whoever they brought to the house during the time it was listed with them and for 6 months following. So...if you list your home FSBO....so if someone whom your realtor showed the house to while your realtor had it as a listing...she (your realtor) could collect the commission if that person made an offer and you accepted. It's called a holdover clause! BEWARE Anne!

Shel, YES & NO - the holdover clause is for 6 months and only covers buyers they brought while the listing was active not anyone they would bring during the holdover clause (though if they actually brought a buyer you would offer them the same buyer agent fee you would any other realtor - though like that's going to happen). Maybe that's what you meant to say, but I just wanted to be clear on what a holdover clause is. The reason for it even being implemented is because too many buyers and sellers were making side deals (i.e., I show your house to Annie, then Annie contacts you and asks when your LC expires, you wait it out to expiration date - then sell to Annie). With a 6 month holdover clause that 'discourages that from happening.

The minute your LC expires, UNLESS it's a buyer they worked with while the listing was active, any new buyer belongs to you and no commissions are owed to them (again unless they would actually bring a buyer - yeah right ). Then after the 6 month holdover, all bets are off. If someone who looked at it a year ago comes back you technically don't owe them anything. Again, maybe that's what you meant to say, but the way i read it I thought you might be under the impression the 6 month HO clause also covers new buyers. Just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on how a holdover clause works.
so did i understand your post correct or am i dazed and confused lol okay watching part 2 of Cold Case - very good one. I'll check back later

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Gosh I feel really bad..i am home alone, its dark and i have my jammas on..just not a good day..soo the bell rings and I ignore it...dogs are barking..not carl he comes in through the garage, well the bell rings again and I think maybe its carl and hes gonna make me hop over the little gate we have there and open the freakin door. I open it up, in my nighty and a heat wrap around my neck, and here is this little girl selling something..like a catalog with gift wrap or something. She asked real nice if i would like to buy something and all I said was, oh not tonight honey..

Well here i am a couple minutes later, nighty still on, heat on my neck and I just feel soooo bad. Now why do I feel so bad..of course, I have no cash on me and with the dogs barking like mad I wasnt going to go out to look in her catalog...but I feel bad..

Ok vented. not sure that I feel better, but I vented:-/
You shouldn't feel bad - what parents would send their kids door to door AT NIGHT knocking on people's doors? Hell I don't even have them do that here in the daytime. Don't feel bad, Barb! Dang, I'm afraid I would have gone and found her parents and asked them if they realize how dangerous that is - do it during the daytime, not at dark when people are getting ready for bed or whatnot. OK commercial over lol

Old 10-19-2009, 08:56 PM

Thanks Joy, I know and I have never seen this kid but then there are kids all over just not a lot of school age kids on our block...I usually try to buy a candy bar or whatever but the timing was bad, and yes it was dark too..ok I dont feel bad now.

We found out today that my sister's son and wife are expecting a G.I.R.L.! We are jazzed! First baby girl in our family since my sister and I were born..I have the two boys, she had 3 boys and my brother is childless. Now these new parents live not too far from us so I am the surrogage granny I suppose..they are due mid march and my sis and hubby will be out here at that time, and I promised I would throw a shower for Jessica. gosh that will be fun!

Anyway that was our exciting good news today..oh and my mom is really excited..a baby girl in this family of boys..

Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
so did i understand your post correct or am i dazed and confused lol okay watching part 2 of Cold Case - very good one. I'll check back later
Joy!! Thanks for clarifying my confusing post as to what a holdover clause is!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
You shouldn't feel bad - what parents would send their kids door to door AT NIGHT knocking on people's doors? Hell I don't even have them do that here in the daytime. Don't feel bad, Barb! Dang, I'm afraid I would have gone and found her parents and asked them if they realize how dangerous that is - do it during the daytime, not at dark when people are getting ready for bed or whatnot. OK commercial over lol
Agreed...don't feel bad Barb!
Quote:
Thanks Joy, I know and I have never seen this kid but then there are kids all over just not a lot of school age kids on our block...I usually try to buy a candy bar or whatever but the timing was bad, and yes it was dark too..ok I dont feel bad now.

We found out today that my sister's son and wife are expecting a G.I.R.L.! We are jazzed! First baby girl in our family since my sister and I were born..I have the two boys, she had 3 boys and my brother is childless. Now these new parents live not too far from us so I am the surrogage granny I suppose..they are due mid march and my sis and hubby will be out here at that time, and I promised I would throw a shower for Jessica. gosh that will be fun!

Anyway that was our exciting good news today..oh and my mom is really excited..a baby girl in this family of boys..
That is so exciting and man is that little girl going to be spoiled or what!?!? She will be a little princess!!

Well as unusual as this is for me...I think I am hitting the hay!! I'm tired...was up at 5 am....wiped out!! Watson is not going to like going to bed this early...he is used to staying up until 1 am!!! Time to pick him up and start rocking my baby to sleep---nope, he isn't spoiled at all!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:

Good Nothing to feel bad about. It was frickin' dark. Who are these parents and why don't they realize it's not the 70's anymore!

Congratulations! This is wonderful news for your family. FINALLY a girl! What a wonderful way to end the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Joy!! Thanks for clarifying my confusing post as to what a holdover clause is!!!

Well I've been pretty dazed and confused for like forever so lol oh pseudo sent a pic of the 'other bella' and have to admit she's very cute. Looks like a minature Sasha Anne. I'll post at some point 'cause she is cute - but noticed my dang sheers were different and had to ask 'are those new sheers, cause they don't look like the sage green I bought to match the sectional' lol place was a hovel until I redecorated. The man has absolutely no taste - they look blue with everything else being earthtones Oh that's right, not my house anymore

Well as unusual as this is for me...I think I am hitting the hay!! I'm tired...was up at 5 am....wiped out!! Watson is not going to like going to bed this early...he is used to staying up until 1 am!!! Time to pick him up and start rocking my baby to sleep---nope, he isn't spoiled at all!
Sir Watson spoiled? NO lol nighty night girlfriend with your little bundle of joy

Old 10-20-2009, 04:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Morning all.

Barb what parent would let their kid go door to door at anytime-no less at night!

Tex-doc recommends surgery now, Mr. L wants to wait.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:06 AM

I am up. I am not happy about it..4 am west coast time..got about 2 hours sleep..our son and wife got here about 45 min ago and he and I are sitting here watching SportsCenter, lol. Boning upon our baseball for today..

I will go back to bed, my eyes feel like they have grit in them..in a normal lifetime I would have been sleeping soundly and seen them when I got up in the morning. Nothing 'normal' here.

Lace, sounds like surgery is in order, but it's his body...I think if it were me I would want to try that, but we dont know all the history so its a tough decision I am sure. Lots of prayers goin' out to ya, girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate