Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 10:49 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times

Advertisements

Another brief spurt girls - just want to lay on the ground and throw a tantrum like a 5 year old Call the service department in Panama City 'cause assistant sick today and you have to call main service department first so they can give you report number, then they send to techs in Boquete. Told Naiky to call the Boquete techs, tell them I'm very sick lol and that I really need consistent service so I can work on website from home. Yeah, like they'll care - they keep telling me it's my laptop when I just went through this and the 4 hour power outage rebooted THEIR tower and service was then perfect again Explained i do computer maintenance including checking devices, performance etc. so I KNOW it's not my computer BUT . . . what the heck do I know right? Maybe I should become a tech - the standard timeframe on repair of residential is 48-72 hours which is why Naiky is telling them how 'sick' I am. Yeah, I'm sick - OF THEM LOL

Lacey, so happy that your DGD didn't have cancer and prayers being sent on what they found and thank God treatable. Hope you and Mr. L. are doing good XXOO

Barb, glad you made it home now STAY THERE! relax or I'll have to come up there and tie you to a chair or something to make you. I'm saying prayers for the family's loss. Now at least she's in a better place and being ill for such a long time must have been so hard on her and the family. At least now she's pain free, in perfect health and at the right hand of God. XXOO

Carol, I LOVE YOUR AGENT! I see a sale in your future. We use Craig's list too and get a lot of legit inquiries - we use paid on-line and free for even more exposure so I'm very happy she's being so proactive - even taking out an ad in the Redneck flyer lol If I knew whether or not I'd have internet service I'd look for the right picture lol (but even as I'm typing this can see that it's gone out again UGH) Needless to say b4 I hit post will do a copy so I can paste this long a## thing in a new response if/when I need to lol

Stoy, 1 word for ice: Blizzaks (sp). Best dang tires for ice that have ever been made. You'll stop on a dime - we had them on our Acura and used to love driving up Georgetown Hill which is a biatch and all the SUV's would be on the side of the road and I'd just drive up the hill and pass them - give them a nice little wave as I went up the hill as they were in a snow drift - I know, mean, but hey one has to get a little pleasure and being in a sports car and getting up an icy hill when no one else could, well, gave me a chuckle

Annie, hope everything OK there, no more weird things with cars and lions and bears OH MY lol so out of the loop here that I don't know what's what anymore. Hope the germs have 'left the building' and everyone is feeling better. Oooh, internet just popped back on, AGAIN lol have to laugh or i'd cry.

Shel, hope you and Watson doing good and glad you survived 'The Ward'. Still think they should provide hazmat suits for anyone working in it. How's the new doggie food working out? Misty ran out of her special, no salt 'kitten kibble' of course on Mother's day when everything closed, so used some of the special no salt I had bought for A to tie her over until the pet store reopens. So frustrated right now that I know me being in office would not be a good thing, so getting some emails done in between spurts of service (Plus have to wait to see if tech actually does show up today HAHAHAHAHA) Dream on, Joy - but hey maybe if they really do think I'm sicker than a dog they'll take pity on me

Amy, hows everything in MO - are you getting settled in? Needless to say would take me days to go back through all the pages especially with internet going and off - just went off again, after it came back on. Once again will be doing a 'copy' just in case it goes out when I hit send.

Jody, hope you're doing better hon and things will work out. That window always get's opened - we just have to keep the faith. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok I'm sure I forgot someone so on bended knee forgive me - can't even think straight right now 'cause of my Obsession lol with internet. Now to do a copy of this JUST IN CASE (it's on now, but by the time I hit send it could go out - NO WAY I'm losing this long a## post). Big hugs to all my amigas XXOO

Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
So irritated...I had a long post almost done this afternoon and the electric went off due to freezing rain and high winds. So I lost my entire post! So here I am at work and going to attempt real quick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I just found out a bit ago that my sister's sister in law Karen passed away earlier. She has been very ill just passed away suddenly tonight. Prayers for the family appreciated. Karen was a wonderful kind woman, I did not know her for a very long time, but I loved her, she was just the kind of gal you could not help but love. I was glad we got to visit her twice while we were back there, she was in some pain most of the time and out of it, but that smile was still there. I will miss her, along with many others....
Barb, my prayers and condolences. Deaths are hard enough but when they happen during the holidays they seem so much harder to bear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
DD took GD to oncologist and hemtologist yesterday and they ruled out cancer and feel it's severe anemia or thyroid. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers..
I'm doing the happy dance here that the BIG C was ruled out! Anemia and thyroid issues can be dealt with!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I think I am actually looking forward to putting the tree up and getting the place decorated. I want to be in the Christmas spirit, I really do. I bought an electric cookie gun from QVC a month or so ago and I want to make some spritz cookies. My nana has been gone now for 10 years, and she made the best cut out cookies...always crisp. I tried years ago to try rolling out dough. Needless to say I don't bake pies or rolled out cookies, or rolled biscuits. Anyone know of a good rolling pin set up? I would like to try. I try to stick with fudge, russian tea cakes, which are a yummy ball cookie, oh and peanut butter with the hershey kiss smushed in it. Lemon bars. Damn, I need the spirit to hit quick. Joy, I am gonna send ya some, that alone gives me motivation! Get dem goodies to Panama..
I love cut out cookies but mine always spread and lose their shape--any idea on what I am doing wrong? I also need to get in gear if I am going to get any holiday baking or candy making done in time to send Joy a care package.

I also make home-made cinnamon bark and peppermint bark. I was thinking about making candied walnuts or pecans.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We had the torrential downpours here..coastal flooding in effect til 2p I think....Warm though----58? BUT tomorrow will be a different story...low 30's and low 20's at night!! Tonite supposed to turn a sheet of ice!!on roads!!

Tex- How long is Watson on the abx for ?? Poor baby!!! Are you working tonite? Cruise coming soon sista! You must be psyched!!!
OMG--we had freezing rain today that woke Watson up from it hitting the skylight so hard. It was coming down in sheets along with high winds. I was sleeping on the couch and Watson jumped up on my chest and got nose to nose and barked in my face--scared the living daylight out of me! When I opened my eyes he started licking my nose!! (God, I love that dog!) He must have been frightened so he woke me up! Then I took him outside and he looked like he was about to be blown away...I said "C'mon Toto, let's go inside before you get blown away to the land of Oz!"

Watson is on ABX's for 10 days--has been on them for 4 days so far.

I am getting excited about the cruise--but I am going to miss my dog. I got all teary eyed the other day when I was holding him, thinking about how I was going to deal with being away from him for 10 days. I know--it's sounds stupid, but it's the way I feel.

Did you get the ice storm?

My roommate came back from Michigan today and walked through the door at 4 pm all agitated because of the weather and traffic!! Why in the world would you leave on the day you are supposed to work. Why she didn't leave last night or EARLY this morning is beyond me! And another thing--doesn't she watch the weather reports, knowing that she is going to be driving 6 hrs?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Another brief spurt girls - just want to lay on the ground and throw a tantrum like a 5 year old

Shel, hope you and Watson doing good and glad you survived 'The Ward'. Still think they should provide hazmat suits for anyone working in it. How's the new doggie food working out? Misty ran out of her special, no salt 'kitten kibble' of course on Mother's day when everything closed, so used some of the special no salt I had bought for A to tie her over until the pet store reopens.
I hope your internet connection is better tonight. That is so frustrating! The new doggie food is hit and miss--sometimes he eats it (when I pretend I'm eating it!!! ), and sometimes he doesn't. Does Misty's food say "No Salt" on the bag? I need to do some research re: all that.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:58 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Well, another day..Phone rang at 3:30 am which is enough to scare the you know what out of anyone, it was my sister in IL. Her husband was having a diabetic freakout. She called the paramedics, took about 20 min for them to get there, icy roads -3 degrees out...I guess she tried to give him some frosting or sweets in the meantime...They got there, got an iv started on him, his blood sugar was 40. 40 people!!! Ok this is what has me worried, and Shel maybe you can help me out here. Same thing happened to him the other night, she took his bs and got him some sugar down, his b.s. was 80. They did not take him in the ambulance, they are going to the dr. this morning at 10.

I am very worried..Bruce has been diabetic a long time and does not eat right. Horrible. But they have been together 13 years, married for 3, and nothing like this has ever come close to happening.

Anyway, if he gets worse or they hospitalize him, I am flying back to be with her. She is ALL ALONE there, doesn't drive much in the ice and snow, and would not handle being alone well at all. So I am thinking out loud at this point.

Bruce's sister passed away Tuesday night after a very long illness, and he does have a brother and sister in law about an hour away. Cindy is out on that farm land no closeby neighbors and I am real worried about her. so I am going to check out flights...maybe I can get my dad to spring for a ticket.

Anyway, Shel. need your thoughts!

Ok I am so tired, going to lay down for a bit...

Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Barb-wow-could be the death also that triggered an anxiety attack which messed his sugar.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Lacey, that's what I was thinking, part of it anyway. I am worried about him but especially my sister she depends on him for most things..and she is afraid to stay out there in the house in the country at night by herself..I know something she needs to get over but it's times like this that I want to fix it for her and I can't...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Barb I know you do-but you can't fix everything.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Okay Dogmon, Know that you are worried and this I do understand but....if she has family an hour away cant one of them stay with her. I know you want to but with you having health problems also and how badly you felt with the trip there a few days ago, this will not be good for you or her if you end up being sick. Like Lacey said YOU CAN NOT FIX EVERYTHING...........

Old 12-10-2009, 10:24 AM

Hi Painter, yes you are all right, I can't fix everything..I think she will be ok, and the thought of hauling a suitcase even out to a car right now just exhausts me..soo...will play it by ear and see what she says when she gets home from the dr. with her hubby. I just feel bad that all her family is so far away, but then I have been there far away, and it works out..and her brother and sister in law are an hour or so away...it will be ok. Just scared us and more worried about what caused the problem in the first place.

Thanks everyone for the kick in the pants...! Carl putting up Christmas lights outside, have not heard any cussing or screaming yet, lol. He got our reindeers out yesterday and the lights work on 2 out of 3 lol. So one will have to be incognito in the dark. I will still put it out in the yard..maybe we can get that done today and then the inside done tonight or tomorrow. I can only do so much in one day lol. I am tired though still and will lay down in a while..

Ok what the heck would I do without you all..no clue.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 AM

There you go-time works things out-gives you time to see things in the light. Plus doesn't Carl have surgery next week? He'll need you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate