Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 06:18 PM

381 posts, read 1,366,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Camrynh, I will mention that to my sister..she said they had a good night last night...she got up at 1 am and took his blood sugar, and again at 7 this morning..Shelly she made sure he ate right away. I emailed your link to her, that will help, was informative for me too...Camrynh, I will mention the glucagon..she is also diabetic so would be good to have around I imagine. You must have been very young when you were diagnosed with the Diabetes. My mom and brother are diabetic, also brother is insulin dependent, my mom is type II...diet and she is pretty stable. I am guessing I am next
Ok, I am Barb. I jumped on this thread in the summer of 2008. We were attempting to sell our house in southern Utah, had been on the market 11 months when we sold in Aug 08. We put everything in storage and moved to our little mobile home in WA state temporarily until we figured out our next move. We decided to come back home to Southern CA, we bought our present home this past May, we live just north of Palm Springs, CA and we are about 4 blocks from my mom, dad and brother (who lives with them). My sister Cindy (the one with the diabeties and diabetic hubby) lives in NW Illinois for the last 6 years, awesome farmhouse...we just got back from visiting.
My husband is retired/disabled and I am disabled, applying for disability and that has been a long haul. I have Epstein Barr, chronic fatigue and now fibromyalgia..and a lot of pain most days, but I am hanging in there!
I have two adult sons, one lives about an hour from us now, and our younger son got married in April and lives just east of Sacramento.
Oh they call me dogmom because of my dogs. We have a dalmatian named Gracie, a lab mix named India and the little man, our dachshund named Halo..he went on our trip with us and was quite the traveler..he loves hotels lol. I sent you a friend request, once you accept me as a friend you can see some of my online albums.

Ok...next!
Sorry, I can't get the hang of the multi-quote, so please forgive me!

Dang, sorry to hear about the fibro, etc. My closest friend has it, and has quite a tough time because of it. Sounds like you've got a lot going on! I accepted your request and will check out the pics!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all sorry can't post pictures, I am a computer dummy and am on dial up.......sll ooo ww ww! I love the dang thing though, one of my favorites. A little tibit...I once had my wreaths featured on T>V>, lol....did a benefit for the Boys/Girl club, an auction to raise money. They had asked all the designers and decorators to contribute, a friend was the event coordinator who had purchased a wreath from me. Well this one local "snob" won every yr, lots of free advertising and she laughed when she saw my name on the contributors list, I had the final laugh....over $500. was the final bid on my wreath and I won the free adv.! I used to take orders for themed wreaths and center pieces, lots of fun. Have done fishermen, cowboy, Indian, cars and birdhouse and then an edible one for birds just to name a few. Hope to get back into one day.

My story, lol....2 yrs on the market, on and off...sold twice, fell through before close both times. Have had 2 horrible agents, just plain lazy. I am single with a big house on 14 acres with critters and needing to down size big time and get back to the home state.
I hope you sell quickly! Sounds like a pretty specialized property? Do you have a better agent now?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
If you do get back into it one day, maybe i can order a "colorado" theme. no idea what that'd be though!
my story, lol, DH and i planned to move to Co about 4 yrs ago, put house on market right after our wedding, April 2008. took off market dec 2008. new realtor march 2009, big price reduction. had 2 showings in june, got offer from 2nd showing, lowball. said no. had 3rd showing, left a huge cat pee smell so bad in our house. come september, DH wants to take house off market. i had a feeling not to. got offer out of the blue frm the people who lowballed us. they came up, we came down. sold, closed October 30. living with inlaws (20 minutes from old house). went to Co for 5 days in November, found house, now under contract to close mid january.
i work with at risk middle schoolers, very stressful, and i love margaritas. had to throw that in! have laughed, cried, and vented here at camp. and i couldnt have survived it without these girls.
(to make a long story short....)
I'm currently a SAHM to a 6 year old (going on 30) and a 3 year old (going on 13 with her attitude). I have an MSW and prior to sah, I worked as a clinical social worker for 5 years with adults with serious mental illness and then 3 years with folks of all ages with mental retardation. They were both pretty stressful, I can only imagine how tough it is working with at-risk youth. And my DH can make a kick-ass margarita.

How are things coming with the house you're moving into? Have you had the inspection yet?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

OK--here is my story....
I am unmarried, living in Pittsburgh, PA. I am a nurse...lived in Italy for 1.5 years helping to start up a liver transplant program in Palermo, Sicily. When I came home from Italy, I decided to buy instead of renting again. That was in July 2001. Then in and around Summer of 2007, I decided I wanted to move to Austin, TX. (My favorite place in the world!). So I started working on the house getting it primed for the market. I listed in July 2008. I took it off the market in Jan 2009 because I herniated two discs in my neck (C4-6) and had to have discectomy and fusion surgery. I relisted in April and just took it off the market in October. I don't want to move in the dead of Winter. I will relist in the Spring---thinking about doing FSBO this time.

I am also the proud mama of Watson! Here is his picture....
Watson is adorable! And wow, that must have been fun living in Italy. I've never been to Sicily but I LOVED Rome, wasn't crazy about Naples.

I think you're wise to wait until Spring. Seems like the folks crazy enough to list/buy in winter are those who have to relocate, lol.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
yes, camryn, just got thru inspection, no major probs, they serviced the heating system and water heater for us, which was all we asked for. now waiting on final with mortgage stuff.
any pets??
we love to talk about our furbabies. i have a 4 yr boxer pup, loves her gram and poppop here, and a bird. had fish but got rid of them bec. of move.
i feel like my DH and i are crazy to move to Co in January! never thought we'd move in winter, but who cares, we just want to get there!! they had 18" of snow and so far 12" in the forecast. snowy winter but i can't wait!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrynh View Post
Watson is adorable! And wow, that must have been fun living in Italy. I've never been to Sicily but I LOVED Rome, wasn't crazy about Naples.
I have been all over Europe and all of Italy. It was a great experience, one I will cherish forever. Naples is a rough place!! But the area surrounding Naples (Amalfi Coast and Isle of Capri)---absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for the compliments on Watson. He is my baby!!

As for multi-quotes....down in the far right bottom corner of every post is a " icon. (the middle icon!). Just left click on that for every post that you would like to quote. then once you have hit on 3-4 posts and then want to reply , click on POST REPLY in bottom left corner. All of the quotes will appear. You can edit them and delete part of others posts and just multi quote certain lines of their posts! Just remember not to delete whatever is between [ ] brackets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
we love to talk about our furbabies. i have a 4 yr boxer pup, loves her gram and poppop here, and a bird. had fish but got rid of them bec. of move.
i feel like my DH and i are crazy to move to Co in January! never thought we'd move in winter, but who cares, we just want to get there!! they had 18" of snow and so far 12" in the forecast. snowy winter but i can't wait!
I've never seen a pic of your boxer pup!! POST PICS PLEASE!!!! You are a might brave soul to move in all that snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrynh View Post
I'm currently a SAHM to a 6 year old (going on 30) and a 3 year old (going on 13 with her attitude). I have an MSW and prior to sah, I worked as a clinical social worker for 5 years with adults with serious mental illness and then 3 years with folks of all ages with mental retardation. They were both pretty stressful, I can only imagine how tough it is working with at-risk youth. And my DH can make a kick-ass margarita.
WOW---you had a challenging job. I LOVE your description of your children!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 PM

ANNIE: Thinking of you tonight! Rest up girl!! You had a long day!! Hugs!!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Camrynh, I think you might be our only camper with little ones, aside from Hammy, who had a baby girl in Sept and has not been back to camp. HAMMY where are you??

Yes the fibro is a b**ch. I have very few days right now that I am not hurting, but you know I just do what I can do, and don't do what I can't. I don't really try to explain it to a lot of folks because it's hard to explain that 'I hurt'. I am very lucky to have my husband of 32 years, he is MY ANGEL and takes good care of me, and has his own issues going on. He is having shoulder (rotator cuff) surgery this coming Thursday and will be in a sling for about 8 weeks..we have done this before so I am not really looking forward to it, but somehow between us we will get the strength to deal..and we are decorating the house now so that is done, will get the shopping finished early this week and then all I have to do is play nurse ratchett, lol.
Not sure if our son and wife will be down at Christmas..she works retail right now and we know how that goes..and its an 8 hour drive each way..flying is faster but by the time you get through the airport, etc..its still a huge hassel. Going up there is not really an option with Dogpaw's surgery..so not sure..maybe they can come down after Christmas sometime.

Ok, over and out for now..Oh Shel the GRASS SNIFFERS..gotta find that post..its way back in like June of 08...gotta find it or someone find it for me..gad I will never forget those folks..

Old 12-12-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Camrynh, I think you might be our only camper with little ones, aside from Hammy, who had a baby girl in Sept and has not been back to camp. HAMMY where are you??

Ok, over and out for now..Oh Shel the GRASS SNIFFERS..gotta find that post..its way back in like June of 08...gotta find it or someone find it for me..gad I will never forget those folks..
Hey Barb--you forgot about Noah and Mia--NJ's children!! They are only 5 years old and cute as can be!!

If you can clue me in to which crazy camp that might have been I will search and see if I can find the grass sniffers post!

Old 12-12-2009, 06:34 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
wELL, It is pouring rain yet again, dang it....I knew I should of did the back yard yesterday!! Looks like a very wet weekend, wondering if the parade will be canceled and then if it gets to nasty...open house will be a wash out. Gosh I just cant get a break here gals. On the other hand I did get some maint. work done that I have put off done. New weather stripping in the windows, touch up on wood work and re-painted my columns. Today....who knows.

Has anyone ever given their dogs antibiotics and have it change their personalities?? Oh I have to tell you what Rebound did, I laughed for 30 mins at them....He is getting ear wash and drops everyday and hates it so bad, that is why my dd has to do it. Last night he saw her pick up the bottle and took off running, she chased and then walked away, so he turned around and chased her. She put the bottle down and he left the room and came to me and barked, so I told him to go find dd...he takes off and sees her with the bottle and I swear that dog did a 180 at a full run and then turned again and chased her. They went back and forth about 10 times till finally he sat down and I swear he rolled his eyes at her. As much as he hates it, it is a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate