Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I find the family structure sad these days. When my parents were still with us, it was a free for all on Sundays and EVERY holiday. There was no invites, no arguements, ect...you were expected to be there, no excuses. Now it is like telling them they are going to the undertakers! Our newest "member" has created such chaos, I cant even get an answer. Like Thanksgiving, was told - Well I dont know if she will come until I get ready to leave Mom............maddening!
That is just WRONG! She is being so RUDE! Your son needs to stand up to her and tell her how rude it is to wait until the last minute to decide if she is coming to your house for dinner or not.

I know what you mean about family structure today. I remember when you had to fight to find a seat at the holiday dinner table. If you hesitated, you ended up sitting on the sofa with a TV stand/tray set up in front of you as your table! I miss those BIG holiday dinners.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

I still dont know if my kids are coming down at Christmas. She works retail and has to work Christmas Eve and day after..he is off for a couple days..is it worth flying them down on Christmas eve and home right off, or is it better to wait a few days and see if we can get them down then? I am ok if they can't make it, I understand. We still have the older son closeby. If Carl was not having his shoulder surgery on the 17th we 'might' think about heading up there, but then that's getting back in the CAR. Will see what happens.

Ok need to shower and get dressed. NJ..only you guys on those turnpikes and rest stops..hope to see the santa pics! Stoy, hang in there with the outlaws, lol. Painter, enjoy your home how you see fit. life too short to not enjoy decorating and holidays. Lacey...I don't think i would have given her any deadline, either you can come or not. Get your reservations in order and at midnight Saturday make them. If she calls Saturday, say 'sorry, we did not hear from you and we made other plans'. BAH!
Good thinking Barb--you either say yea or nay to the invitation when invited. That is crap about not getting back to someone who has so graciously offered to cook you a holiday dinner. WTH is wrong with people today????

As for flying up to your kid's house for one day.... Would they be able to get off more time after Christmas? Maybe they could come down for a long week-end and have your Christmas then. I don't think you and Carl should drive up for sure. Y'all need a break from the car.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Hi Tex-yes it does say an awful lot that the kids' don't invite her and it's the same at T-giving.

She decorates like a hoochie for just the 2 of them and their house is off the beaten path-for who to see????

Rudeness rules today-very sad. Thank God I raised my kids where they appreciate.

Fighting to keep my eyes open!

Oh mailed the package FedEx ground--$48!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Well its 10 pm and I am just now posting..just a long day, fighting traffic, heavy rain, wind..still raining here..i think tomorrow will be a better day.

Chat tomorrow girls..hugs)

Old 12-08-2009, 06:39 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Morning all from the rain drenched fields of Fl! Yep time to get those dang waders back out...absolutely nasty out...again.
Guess I picked the wrong day to get anal on organizing the closets, today would of been the perfect day but I do have several more I could work on. Anyone that looks into mine is gonna think I am a freak, lol. The shelving clothes are all folded the same and stacked to to neat, all the clothes hanging are in color order and the shoes were all cleaned and put in a unit too. Then my dd's, lets just say it is the first time I have seen the floor in awhile! We bagged up a pile of stuff to take to the church and another pile to go to the trash, what a mess it was. Gosh I need to take drugs for this, lol! Please tell me I am not the only one that goes on these neat sprees????

My boys are in full energy mode for the past 3 days and it has to be the meds...I can only hope. They have gotten' so verbal, always talking to each other. The will stand nose to nose and just howl, first one then the other, would like to know what they are gossiping about, then again maybe not.

Well as you can see I am just rambeling on here...yes I need a new life! Hope you all are going to have a fine day, now where did I put those waders.............

Old 12-08-2009, 06:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Hey Painter, raining here too. Wish I could see your boys 'talking' to each other. Mine all have their own language with each other too.
Here's a morning funny I did on my fam...enjoy
http://videos.jibjab.com/xfc/8xg/69b/pa5/glt/pm6/nr8/9f9.mpg (broken link)

Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Okay girls - remember when I had internet problems right b4 our 1 independence holiday first part of November where it would be on, then go off - primarily off, until we had 4 hour power outage? Well same thing except no frickin' storm to cause power outage to reboot tower. Today is Mother's Day, so no tech of course since national holiday. So if you've wondered where the heck I've been, that would be why - been like this for 2 full days. I even unplugged the frickin' cable box all night to see if when I plugged it back in it would be OK - in my dreams - still even hardlined in it's hit a miss with service. I even tried to recreate a power outage lol and turn off the power cord it's attached to, then turn it back on - Nope

Hope everyone is okay and as soon as this dang thing gets fixed I'll let everyone know. I'm fine except have had a ton of work to do and can only do certain things, like send some emails, because then they just sit in my outbox until a spurt of internet service then they are sent - but I can't do any website maintenance or anything until I have consistent service.

6th try now

Old 12-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Here's a morning funny I did on my fam...enjoy
http://videos.jibjab.com/xfc/8xg/69b/pa5/glt/pm6/nr8/9f9.mpg (broken link)
LOL! Too cute! I did this last year. I think Office Max sent it out. But it is elfyourself.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Please tell me I am not the only one that goes on these neat sprees??
I NEED to go on one!!! My house is a mess. I have been working lots of OT at my main job and now working part time job as well...when I am home...I am either sleeping or taking care of Watson.

OK...so the vet put him on a renal diet with his bladder infection, but he won't eat the dang soft canned dog food. Any suggestions?

Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Painter-my closets and sweaters,etc are all color co-ordinated. I'm anal.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:05 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Hi all, just checking in. have a small ice storm coming in, hoping for at least a delay at work tomorrow. nothing else going on. which is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate