Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times

Advertisements

Ok got to the hotel and going to sleep soon, early morning tomorrow. it was 170 miles, not 770 miles, lol. the long trips are after Oklahoma..ugh..i checked out airfare from OKC to Ontario, too expensive..Chiro helped..I will be ok...trying to think positive.

Stoy, sounds like all going well with the new place. Painter, sounds like you have a wonderful agent this go around..got a good feeling..are you going to the parade, would love to see some pictures!

Everyone else, hope you are ok..I am just not full of words tonight, internet spotty here at the hotel so keeping it short...

Later camp friends!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:30 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Hi everyone,

We are in Missouri, and so far it has been wonderful. I'm sitting in a McDonalds 20 minutes from our little house on the prairie, which has no internet. The ABF vans came this afternoon. My DH is dog tired, it's 9:20, and I just wanted to say hello, and also send my positive thoughts and prayers to all of you who are wanting to sell that you find a buyer soon. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you! Don't give up hope. Love you all, and will read back to see how everyone is doing when I have more time. Couldn't have made this journey without all you great ladies on Crazyma's thread (and a special thanks to Hdzup3) she knows why. Hugs and hellos to everyone.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM

311 posts, read 916,187 times
Default Howdy Howdy

Hi Gals!

Coming up for air ....its been a strange couple of months...I tried to go back to where I last posted and all I can say is its been longer than I thought and you girls just buried me in postings....

I finished up my last 2 deals in October, its been really QUIET since then, but am now picking up a couple of new buyer clients. I got really depressed when I realized that out of a fairly decent year with lots of good clients, I still made poverty wages by the time I gave the company their cut.

My work at school is going well, but I really would like to get more hours or on with them full time....because I REALLY need insurance...the reason? keep reading....

I found out I have to have a needle biopsy on one of my breasts..and it only costs $4500! I dont have any insurance and I have no idea how I am going to be able to pay that. I DO NOT believe the cost...they dont even give you any good drugs for all that money LOL.

There appears to be no help for me whatsoever and even committing to another payment of any type right now is almost impossible to contemplate. This is in an area that has been of concern before..in fact I had an MRI done of it 12 yrs ago. I asked them why now. They said I had calcifications there 2 yrs ago but now there are "more" of them. None of the ones from 2 yrs ago have changed. Now I am having to pay my agent fees for next year..another $1000...its just about enough to lay down and say UNCLE!!!!!! and lets not talk about the 2 bald tires on my car with winter coming.

The bliss in the last 2 months came on the last weekend in October and the first weekend in November I had back to back quilt retreats (my only vacation time this year) and that was lovely...They always get me jazzed up to get more sewing done!

Painter: Picked up you got a new HALLELUJAH Realtor who finally is getting done what should have been done long ago...good luck!! I hope your dog is getting better every day.

I saw a cutie pie new kitty in the group pics...who has her and shes adorable!

Crazy Ma...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY...my moms birthday is today!
My daughters bday is on the 12th...so lots of GREAT people born this month

Christmas is going to be a non holiday for me this year. Daughter is heading to FL to see her dad, so I am hosting my aunt /uncle and folks for a brunch on Christmas morning.

Hope you all are doin good and had a nice Turkey Day...I promise to be a better camper and check in around the campfire more often!

Jody

Old 12-03-2009, 09:20 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Hello to all Campers and other good folk!
Thank you for all the birthday greetings and pics.....and cards
It was a good day I reckon in spite of the half century mark.......geesh it hurts to even type it. Went to the dentist today, and it looks like my gift to myself will be dental work- tooth pulled/new crown/and bridge or partial. Damn teeth.

Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Stoy congrats on the contract, hope it goes thru smooth.
Tambre congrats on making it west.
Will be fun & interesting to hear both of you tell us about your new places!

Jody-are you any where near a teaching hospital?? might be able to get your proceedure doen more economically?

Lacey- prayers for your DGD-how scary, hope they can help find out what to do
(we had a worry with me about age 13...various blood counts way off the charts, went to hematologist, never any explaination or diagnosis for any of it, somehow got better within the next year

Dogmom- sorry we had a missed connection

howdy to all I didn't mention

well must close,little one to bed early-ish and much to catch up on!

Hugs to all and everyone be safe during this holiday season!

Old 12-04-2009, 03:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Morning all-so good to see CrazyMa,Stoy and Tambre posting.

Thank you for the well wishes for GD.

Remember the guy behind us who listed his house super low, sold immediately but it fell thru-well in today's paper "Foreclosure Sale" Dec 18th, bal owed $215K. Thing is this creep has a fantastic job as an engineer with one of the biggest companies in world-and makes $50 per hr or more. He loved his "toys" tho-the big camper, motorcycle, SUV's, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles,etc-well those have been long gone. In essence there's a load of greed and "me" in this.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Good Morning to everyone! Only have a few minutes and then have to head to town...45min drive.

Stoy, Sounds like a good inspection for sure Now the time to get down to business and plan the big move, right? It won't be long and you will be out of the in laws

Tambre, You sound happy! Other than sitting at Mickys, and shuffling boxes what are the game plans? Did you find a house plan yet or are you creating your own? Pretty soon you will have to be looking at cows too, to keep the field down and the freezer full for next yr. Oh so excited for you. And the kids???

Jody, I am so sorry to hear how bad things have got for you. Thought that you were just slammin closings and didn't think anything was wrong. My heart does go out to you, I truely understand the difficulties. Will keep you in my prayers that you find a way and then that all the tests come in clean. Take care of your self, please.

Lacey, Those are the ones that I have no sympathy for. What really sucks is how it now affects your value. I will never ever understand how their "value" becomes our value. I argue this all the dang time. To me it is like buying a wreck vs a new model.

Well I am off to get ready..........later

Old 12-04-2009, 02:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
hello? anyone out there??
jody, sorry you are going thru this, was hoping you were busy, too. please don't be a stranger from camp! (or at camp??)
have internet back. so according to DH only one issue with the inspection report. what i said yesterday. than i LOOKED at the inspection report. there's a whole bunch of little things, inspector was very picky. reported missed paint spots and stuff. but there's a noise coming from water heater that my DH is concerned about. still not a big deal.
tambre, good to see you! glad you made it there safe and sound. hugs, but glad to hear about your dogs.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Hey Stoy-I'm here in between prepping and cooking. Still in your room?????

Old 12-04-2009, 03:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
haha, yep still in my room. i must have missed what you are prepping and cooking for??

Old 12-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Just dinner-roasting a chicken, baked potatoes, sauteed zucchini, salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate