Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times

Advertisements

Anne!! that is a funny story!!! good for you for helping even though you got yelled at!!! you earned some angel points for sure!!

Old 12-06-2009, 02:58 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
So we get out of the car and there is a lady standing outside adjusting her necklaces looking into her reflection in her car window....
so I get out and she asks me to "fix her necklace" that it's twisted and she cannot fix it........... so I do the right thing for the elderly woman and untangle her lol...........so as my friend is getting her daughter out of the backseat the lady closes her car door.......and says oh ****! I just locked my purse and keys in the car!! so then she yells out now look at what you made me do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to both of us! I almost **** my pants........She said she was going to be late for her doctor's appt. I said, hold on and asked her if she had AAA and she said yes....we called for her on one of our cells...then she asked us to go into the store and get assistance! lol...........so maybe the police can come and use a jimmy---We waited with her until the girl came out to stand with her lol....
So we both gave her a hug and told her Merry Cmas! LOL>>>>
Get a swift kick in the aszz for being nice LOL!
Stoy is right--you earned some angel points. Why is it that a lot of senior citizens act like everyone owes them something?? My grandmother and my aunt were like that. My mother never acted like that. It seems once they reached a certain age--everyone had to bow down to them and do what they said or that they should be given the world on a platter. My grandmother used to say "I'm a sr. citizen, by God" whenever she was angry about something she perceived was a wrong done to her---what the heck is that supposed to mean?!?!?
(getting down on my knees and praying) "Please God -- do not allow me to ever act like that in my senior years!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Oh, for Watson's pic....do what I do...I go through Walgreens right online and pick a background frame..then put the pic of Watson in it...and choose background etc.....to your liking!! and then sign it Merry Christmas frm Shelly and Watsaboo or whatever your heart desires....

I am doing one up for the Xmas card of the kids soon... 200 pics later I will have one ready to go for the annual Xmas card.
That's not a bad idea. Did you go to Manhattan? How was it? Did the kids get to see Santa? I LOVED Santa when I was little! The whole imaginary story of him and the North Pole, with the elves and reindeer. I still believe in him and I know y'all will think I'm crazy, but I really do. I believe in what he represents, ya know. I get all excited at Christmas time seeing Santa! That is why I could not wait to take Watson for the first time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Tex Watson looked adorable and was that a woman Santa? I was looking at 'it's' eyes and looked female. Maybe that's why Watson didn't look so unhappy. You know 'some' of the Santas
Yes, Santa is female! I took him to Pet Smart and that Santa looked like he had been on a 5 day drinking binge--missing teeth, his own gray beard (not white like Santa's), lopsided hat...ey yi yi!! So we went to Petco and even though she was female....she looked more like Santa should look!!

Quote:
good = sleep with mom, out of control = sleeps in the bathroom.
That is a great strategy for Misty with bathroom and bedroom for sleeping

Quote:
that was just the sweetest thing in the world that I was included in the birthday celebrations
That was so incredibly sweet of Big Mama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Okay Barb's home as of 1/2 hr ago and going to sleep awhile.
Wonderful! I woke up to a text saying she was home and in her jammies heading for bed. I'm so relieved. What a haul. I have a feeling she will be paying for this long trip for awhile in the pain department. We had fun texting each other back and forth last night. I wasn't that busy at work...had one complicated pt, but had some down time! I can just picture them driving down the highway with Carl singing "Take it Easy"!! I was LMAO over that.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Reminder to Barb::: Chiropractor!!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Ok, wow that was a long haul in the car..what was I thinking we could do that..we were just so anxious to get home. I have to tell you a little secret though...we did have reservations at a La Quinta inn in Albuquerque and about 4 pm I texted my sis to have her cancel the reservation for us. As we got closer to Albuqurque about 10 p.m. I wanted Carl to pull off the road so bad and say 'lets just go get that room anyway'..but he didn't.. and I got real weepy as we were driving past the exit as I was hurting..but he really wanted to get home so what was I gonna do. He is a good guy and doesnt ask for much but he needed to get his butt home I guess. I was thanking God for Tex and Lacey for texting me and I was also facebooking on my cell phone..I dozed off a couple times but that dang jeep was so friggin full I could not lay down, even my seat..

Halo was a trooper, met some new dogs and a few cats on his jouney..I was real proud of him..lots of fun pictures..we had a good time and I am glad I am home.

I have a dr. appt at noon tomorrow in San Dimas, which is in LA county..about an hour and a half drive NO NO NO!! haha..then I will come home and nap...will call that chiro that my IL chiro gave me the name of here nearby..Carl will drive me into the dr. tomorrow and maybe talk him into a quick lunch out.

I have my mom's cleaning ladies coming Wed morning, AMEN. I can't tell you how dirty this place is and I just can't do the heavy stuff..

Ok will catch up tomorrow..I have like a zillion emails to go thorugh but I am going to BED now.. MY bed..

Next time we travel, we FLY.. AMEN to that big bird in the sky.
check these out..Halo was the BEST little traveler and made lots of friends! And he loves hotels..
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4085.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	54011

Name:	100_4096.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	54012

Name:	100_4103.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	54013

Name:	100_4444.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	54014

Name:	100_4449.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	54015

Name:	100_4502.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	54016

Old 12-07-2009, 03:32 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
OMG--Halo is such a cutie pie! I LOVE those pics of him!!

I had fun texting you, especially when we made Carl break out in song!!

Glad you are home and safe!

Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Morning all-up since 3AM and don't know why-UGH.

Halo's pix are so cute Barb.

Tex what are you doing up so early?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
That's not a bad idea. Did you go to Manhattan? How was it? Did the kids get to see Santa? I LOVED Santa when I was little! The whole imaginary story of him and the North Pole, with the elves and reindeer. I still believe in him and I know y'all will think I'm crazy, but I really do. I believe in what he represents, ya know. I get all excited at Christmas time seeing Santa! That is why I could not wait to take Watson for the first time!!
We got back around 8pm. Another story to tell of course. Manhattan was crowded lol..what a surprise..Saw Santa. Took about an hr. to get through lines. Mia was still hesitant *(as I was when I was her age)she barely smiled lol...and Noah showed Santa his "list" of things. It was so cute. Never made it to American Girls store..kids were pooped anyway lol which was fine with me...

Here's the good part........We pull into rest stop on way back in NJ...I told Scott dont go the the other one when we got hit by hit and run jerkoff....so we pull off into another one...We were physically sitting in car and a man and woman get out of car..Woman gets out on passenger side (hub's side) and SMASHES her door into his! and blatantly walks away!!Ignorant ignorant ignorant!!!

Then we go to get gas at same rest stop and a real dwarf that has a major attitude pumps our gas LOL. That capped my night off as I tried not to laugh...because the look on that guy's face was priceless...

Shel- that is so funny about the drunken santa!!! Holy cow LOL>>>He is so adorable in that pic.
LMAO about the elderly storylol......about yoru aunts..../grandma....too funny.....

Joy-You have to buy some FB wine!! that is awesome!!!

BARB- I love love the pics of Halo!! How precious. I love the sleeping one!!! My kids loved them too!So glad you are home. Sorry I dont do the text thing --I facebooked..you..

Lace- how was your weekend? Will you go to NJ for Xmas?? Hey, I was up at 3am too. Cannot sleep lately. Eveyr night getting up at 3am!!!

Stoy- lol about being an angel. Some people are something else, aren't they?LOL>> How are the out ;laws???
Hello to all!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 AM

Hi NJS-yeah I hate it-I'm pooped already. No will be alone Christmas-we're thinking of going away for the day and night. Have asked sil 2x but no answer yet so I don't beg!

Love NYC at Chrsitmas-every year was the show at Radio City with my Grandma, seeing all the winfows, lunch out.

Only you NJS could have all this crap happen.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Morning out there....Sleep must be evading all of us...same here. My habits have always been messed up but lately, one morning up at 5 the next 3, then I will pull a 7......hate it.

Dogmom, Glad you made it home safely, that had to be one long long trip. Halo is the perfect name for that little guy. Like the one of him at the window with the blanket on his head.

NJ, You sure do have a problem with rest stops, lol, I would probably carry a "big stick".

Lacey, Forget the sil, guess we all have the same relatives. I broke my dd heart telling her we needed to skip the whole event this year and eat at MickyDs, lol. I either want the whole house filled or nothing at all. Just not worth the effort for a couple of people.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 AM

Painter I know-sad thing is her kids live in this state and their Christmas consists of them all meeting for lunch for a couple of hours at a restaurant a week or two before!!! I'm sorry but if I lived within a decent distance to my kids I would do anything for us all to be together. Her DIL's do NOT like her-says something. I've met them and they are very nice.

I don't know why I insist on putting myself "out there" as she is not easy to please and absolutely no help. So hopefully she will not respond by the Fri. deadline Mr. L has set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate