Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 08:00 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times

Advertisements

I find the family structure sad these days. When my parents were still with us, it was a free for all on Sundays and EVERY holiday. There was no invites, no arguements, ect...you were expected to be there, no excuses. Now it is like telling them they are going to the undertakers! Our newest "member" has created such chaos, I cant even get an answer. Like Thanksgiving, was told - Well I dont know if she will come until I get ready to leave Mom............maddening!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi NJS-yeah I hate it-I'm pooped already. No will be alone Christmas-we're thinking of going away for the day and night. Have asked sil 2x but no answer yet so I don't beg!

Love NYC at Chrsitmas-every year was the show at Radio City with my Grandma, seeing all the winfows, lunch out.

Only you NJS could have all this crap happen.
LMAO Lace.. Exit 123 near Cheesequake exit..My husband and I both bought lottery tickets lol last nite..We figure if your luck is that bad maybe buying a lottery ticket will help LOL.. How can someone have the balls to walk right away and looked my husband straight in the eye when she already did the damage? LOL>Holy crap. The nerve of people. WHat trash!

Quote:
Painter I know-sad thing is her kids live in this state and their Christmas consists of them all meeting for lunch for a couple of hours at a restaurant a week or two before!!! I'm sorry but if I lived within a decent distance to my kids I would do anything for us all to be together. Her DIL's do NOT like her-says something. I've met them and they are very nice.
Wow. Lace that is so rude of your SIL yet again not even to answer you.. Why are people so ignorant? Her own flesh and blood she gets together with a few weeks before Xmas? I can see why her own DIL's don't like her either!!. You are better off going out again like you did for Thanksgiving with Mr. L!!

Painter- lol....I don't think I can speak softly anymore though if I carry that big stick LOL>The holidays suck for alot of people. It isn't always bright and cheery that's for sure sadly.....You are right Painter..In the state we are in seems like everyone cares about themselves and to Hell with everyone else....familys are dwindling!because people are so selfish!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Painter I was raised the same way and have raised my two that way. Sad.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Good morning ladies..light rain here, 49 out its a tad chilly but bearable LOL. snow level dropping but thinking we might be a big short on that end..however we have to drive through a higher elevation of about 3,000 feet to get to the dr today and hoping there is no snow through there. Better take my camera.

I still dont know if my kids are coming down at Christmas. She works retail and has to work Christmas Eve and day after..he is off for a couple days..is it worth flying them down on Christmas eve and home right off, or is it better to wait a few days and see if we can get them down then? I am ok if they can't make it, I understand. We still have the older son closeby. If Carl was not having his shoulder surgery on the 17th we 'might' think about heading up there, but then that's getting back in the CAR. Will see what happens.

Ok need to shower and get dressed. NJ..only you guys on those turnpikes and rest stops..hope to see the santa pics! Stoy, hang in there with the outlaws, lol. Painter, enjoy your home how you see fit. life too short to not enjoy decorating and holidays. Lacey...I don't think i would have given her any deadline, either you can come or not. Get your reservations in order and at midnight Saturday make them. If she calls Saturday, say 'sorry, we did not hear from you and we made other plans'. BAH!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning ladies..light rain here, 49 out its a tad chilly but bearable LOL. snow level dropping but thinking we might be a big short on that end..however we have to drive through a higher elevation of about 3,000 feet to get to the dr today and hoping there is no snow through there. Better take my camera.

I still dont know if my kids are coming down at Christmas. She works retail and has to work Christmas Eve and day after..he is off for a couple days..is it worth flying them down on Christmas eve and home right off, or is it better to wait a few days and see if we can get them down then? I am ok if they can't make it, I understand. We still have the older son closeby. If Carl was not having his shoulder surgery on the 17th we 'might' think about heading up there, but then that's getting back in the CAR. Will see what happens.

Ok need to shower and get dressed. NJ..only you guys on those turnpikes and rest stops..hope to see the santa pics! Stoy, hang in there with the outlaws, lol. Painter, enjoy your home how you see fit. life too short to not enjoy decorating and holidays. Lacey...I don't think i would have given her any deadline, either you can come or not. Get your reservations in order and at midnight Saturday make them. If she calls Saturday, say 'sorry, we did not hear from you and we made other plans'. BAH!
Right on Barb and WELCOME BACK GIRL! WE MISSED YOU!!! I agree. You gave her two times to respond and nothing back. That is BS to have you sit there and wait when it's convenient for her to respond.
Fly Barb if you go anywhere!! LOL..Don't drive anymore!! How long does it take for recoup time for your hubs' shoulder surgery?.... You better stay put!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Annie, he is going to be in a sling for about 8 weeks..maybe we should fly up for a day or two..will check out fares..we can fly Dan with us..

Old 12-07-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Annie, he is going to be in a sling for about 8 weeks..maybe we should fly up for a day or two..will check out fares..we can fly Dan with us..

Flying better Barb. Don't drive..Your back will be a mess then too!! Hey, a one liner. Lacey I hope you are proud of me LOL!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Always proud of you NJS. Now stay out of NJ rest stops-we all know what happened to McGreevey there!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Always proud of you NJS. Now stay out of NJ rest stops-we all know what happened to McGreevey there!
Aw! You are the bomb Lace! thank you!!!
LMAO @ McGreevey....No more rest areas LOL...I promise.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Morning all-up since 3AM and don't know why-UGH.

Tex what are you doing up so early?
I was working at the hospital and had some down time! That is why I was awake!

It is getting really cold here--down in the 20's. There is snow on the ground. Sir Watson walks gingerly on it, but loves to eat it! I have to do some research on renal diets for dogs. He isn't eating that canned dog food the vet sent home with me. He takes his antibiotics like a champ though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We got back around 8pm. Another story to tell of course. Manhattan was crowded lol..what a surprise..Saw Santa. Took about an hr. to get through lines. Mia was still hesitant *(as I was when I was her age)she barely smiled lol...and Noah showed Santa his "list" of things. It was so cute. Never made it to American Girls store..kids were pooped anyway lol which was fine with me...

Here's the good part........We pull into rest stop on way back in NJ...I told Scott dont go the the other one when we got hit by hit and run jerkoff....so we pull off into another one...We were physically sitting in car and a man and woman get out of car..Woman gets out on passenger side (hub's side) and SMASHES her door into his! and blatantly walks away!!Ignorant ignorant ignorant!!!

Then we go to get gas at same rest stop and a real dwarf that has a major attitude pumps our gas LOL. That capped my night off as I tried not to laugh...because the look on that guy's face was priceless...

Shel- that is so funny about the drunken santa!!! Holy cow LOL>>>He is so adorable in that pic.
LMAO about the elderly storylol......about yoru aunts..../grandma....too funny.....

Joy-You have to buy some FB wine!! that is awesome!!!
Anne---that sucks---I would have been out of my car and telling that woman off and asking for her insurance card so she could pay for the dings in my door. Some people are just plain old ignorant.

Thanks...Everyone said he looks mad or sad--that is just how Watson looks. That is his face. He's not a "smiley" dog!!

Too funny about Noah pulling out his "list" for Santa!!! Aaahhh...Mia will warm up to him eventually!!

Yes Joy--FB wine is actually not bad tasting wine. For all of you who are wondering what we are talking about--we discussed wines on emails. There is a wine called Fat B*stard. That is the name, really!! Here is the link to it.

Fat Bastard Wines

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning out there....Sleep must be evading all of us...same here. My habits have always been messed up but lately, one morning up at 5 the next 3, then I will pull a 7......hate it.

Lacey, Forget the sil, guess we all have the same relatives. I broke my dd heart telling her we needed to skip the whole event this year and eat at MickyDs, lol. I either want the whole house filled or nothing at all. Just not worth the effort for a couple of people.
I know what you mean Painter...cooking for 2 people just doesn't seem worth the aggravation or effort. Why don't the 2 of you go to a nice restaurant. Does your son go to his in-laws for the holidays? How is the pregnance going with your dil?

How is the decorations coming along for your showing/open house?
Quote:
Painter I know-sad thing is her kids live in this state and their Christmas consists of them all meeting for lunch for a couple of hours at a restaurant a week or two before!!! I'm sorry but if I lived within a decent distance to my kids I would do anything for us all to be together. Her DIL's do NOT like her-says something. I've met them and they are very nice.

I don't know why I insist on putting myself "out there" as she is not easy to please and absolutely no help. So hopefully she will not respond by the Fri. deadline Mr. L has set.
Good for Mr. L for setting a deadline with her! That does say a whole lot about her if dil's don't like her. Yea--you would think she would go to her kids house to eat. They must not invite her!

Amy: How is the unpacking going?!?!

Stoy: Did you come out of that room yet?!?!? How are things with the out-laws and DH? I hope better. It won't be long and soon you will be living in CO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate