Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times

Advertisements

Lacey, yes he does..duh..gee I almost forgot that..Proof that I am not thinking straight. Will be cheaper to just stay on the phone with my sis for days on end, free long distance lol.

Yes his surgery is a week from today. We have been through this before, here we go again..Judi, I know you know the feeling, girl.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Yep it's called "the elevator of life" LOL

Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 PM

Lord-just went out for 7 min to shovel-heavy wool turtlenect, cords, Uggs, full length mink, lined gloves and I am beyond frozen-my ears are burning from thawing, my hands have finally gone from deep red to pink. Could not make a dent. 7 freakin min.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:39 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Lacey, how cold is it, I know when I talked to my sister earlier this morning, like 6 her time, it was -3..got to be colder where you are.

She and hubby got back from the dr. they are going to monitor his blood sugar several times during the day, and once during the night, dr. changed his dosage of insulin and they need to make sure he eats on a more normal schedule. So they are good for now..I told her to call me anytime Day or Night..sounds like they have a good dr. and the situation has stablized.. thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts..i am betting the stress of his sister passing away a couple nights ago also contributed to the problem.

Ok chat later, wanted to let you all know Cindy and her hub are doing ok..

Old 12-10-2009, 01:32 PM

381 posts, read 1,366,276 times
About to join you all. We *just* bought the house we're living in in February, moved in March. Closed on the sale of our previous house end of May. 2009. My husband has been promoted and is being transferred. He starts his new job next week. Waiting now for the relo company to get in contact with us so that we can get our house on the market and start house-hunting again. I can't believe we're going to be selling 2 houses in one year during the biggest real estate slump in quite some time.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Barb it's zero w/a 25 below wind chill.

Camrynh-welcome to our group and vent when necessary. We have big shoulders.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Welcome, camrynh. so you're about to sell the house you just bought earlier this year?? yes that would be rough. where are you living/moving to?

Barb, i am glad you came to your senses. i know you have a big heart, but glad you are using your head on this one

Lacey, have some hot chocolate. spiked.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:43 PM

381 posts, read 1,366,276 times
Thanks for the welcome! Right now we're in Fredericksburg, VA, moving to Berks County, PA.

Fortunately, my husband's company will be paying movers to pack and move us, and the relo company will buy our house if it hasn't sold after 90 days. Of course, we'd like to sell earlier because we'd get more money.

Going to get as caught up as I can on this thread! LOL

Old 12-10-2009, 04:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
oh, harrisburg/reading area? i am in northeast Pa.

Girls, this mortgage stuff is getting out of control. the lender doesnt understand why we want to move to colorado when we live and work in Pa. so i have to write a letter. are they Fing with me?? how bout- To whom it may concern: i am miserably unhappy in Pa. Therefore, I want to move to Colorado.
i thought a 60% DP would make things easy. HA on me. now back to my beer and letter writing....

Old 12-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, another day..Phone rang at 3:30 am which is enough to scare the you know what out of anyone, it was my sister in IL. Her husband was having a diabetic freakout. She called the paramedics, took about 20 min for them to get there, icy roads -3 degrees out...I guess she tried to give him some frosting or sweets in the meantime...They got there, got an iv started on him, his blood sugar was 40. 40 people!!! Ok this is what has me worried, and Shel maybe you can help me out here. Same thing happened to him the other night, she took his bs and got him some sugar down, his b.s. was 80. They did not take him in the ambulance, they are going to the dr. this morning at 10.

I am very worried..Bruce has been diabetic a long time and does not eat right. Horrible. But they have been together 13 years, married for 3, and nothing like this has ever come close to happening.

Anyway, if he gets worse or they hospitalize him, I am flying back to be with her. She is ALL ALONE there, doesn't drive much in the ice and snow, and would not handle being alone well at all. So I am thinking out loud at this point.

Bruce's sister passed away Tuesday night after a very long illness, and he does have a brother and sister in law about an hour away. Cindy is out on that farm land no closeby neighbors and I am real worried about her. so I am going to check out flights...maybe I can get my dad to spring for a ticket.

Anyway, Shel. need your thoughts!

Ok I am so tired, going to lay down for a bit...
Calling you now! You should have called me today---I was dozing on /off...Please, don't hesitate to call me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate