Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:57 AM

955 posts, read 3,648,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stfamily View Post
if it was me, i would just replace the storm door and move on. its not really worth the headache imo.

I agree! Pick your battles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
The door is probably already installed on another townhome... in the development
I reckon you could get your agent to ask the other one if she happens to know where the storm door went
maybe they can get you one as a housewarming gift

Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
On one place we bought we had a fight with the seller about drapes.
We felt they were not excluded so they came with the sale. Brokers were on our side.

So after the closing, and before we got the locks changed, the previous owner drove back and went in the house (now ours) and took all the drapes and shades.

Two weeks after we moved in he came by the house again and the neighbors told him he didn't live there anymore and they were going to call the police. (Yeah, the neighbors hated him also).

Filed a police report but the police couldn't do anything. No proof it was him.
Wouldn't you have wanted your own drapes and shades. That seems like a kind of personal thing for me to want to pick out..

Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Just go and pick out another door.
It's a door, nothing sentimental.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:48 PM

140 posts, read 536,138 times
My realtor has contacted their attorney since the sellers aren't responding to her calls. Hopefully we'll get some closure on this. At least it's not a big expense, just a hassle for replacing

Old 10-13-2009, 01:17 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy76 View Post
My realtor has contacted their attorney since the sellers aren't responding to her calls. Hopefully we'll get some closure on this. At least it's not a big expense, just a hassle for replacing
I think it's a shame that you're assuming the seller took it after the walk-through. How would you like someone to accuse you of something, and sic an attorney on you when they had absolutely no shred of evidence?

Karma will come back around.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Way to jump to conclusions. I think it's very unlikely that the seller drove off with a storm door, especially since the OP said they're also a real estate agent! Things like that do not help one's business.

Why typically I would agree with this...I closed a deal last year where the seller was the listing agent and it was a NIGHTMARE. That agent totally would take a door. She was off her rocker.

I would call the listing agent/seller and ask them to file a joint police report about the theft of the storm door since you aren't sure who was the owner when it was stolen. The OP doesn't have to be accusatory.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM

140 posts, read 536,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I think it's a shame that you're assuming the seller took it after the walk-through. How would you like someone to accuse you of something, and sic an attorney on you when they had absolutely no shred of evidence?

Karma will come back around.
It's a starting point for me. If she has no idea, then I move on and file a complaint with the HOA or police

Old 10-13-2009, 02:22 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,875 times
It's a friggin' storm door! Just forget about it and go get a new one.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:02 PM

44 posts, read 124,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
It's a friggin' storm door! Just forget about it and go get a new one.
agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate