Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 06:46 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
Been a while sense I posted, went to florida for Spring vacation came back and my boxer got sick,, he passed away last Monday, I am so heartbroken I can not put it in words.
NO green beans/ carrots in my Garden this Year I cant handle it that was HIS thing he would * try to sneak in my garden and sneak Carrots and green beans * .....

Miss him so much
Sorry about your pet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 08:05 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Been a while sense I posted, went to florida for Spring vacation came back and my boxer got sick,, he passed away last Monday, I am so heartbroken I can not put it in words.
NO green beans/ carrots in my Garden this Year I cant handle it that was HIS thing he would * try to sneak in my garden and sneak Carrots and green beans * .....

Miss him so much
Hi Jasmin my condolences on the passing of your boxer our pets are such a huge part of our lives. As each days pass I hope your pain subsides and memories bring a smile.

I'm doing a 3'x4' elevated garden box on my patio so it will be limited growing I hope to have some luck with tomatoes, kohlrabi, chives, dill, bell peppers and don't know what else yet. Not deep enough for carrots but I might plant those in an old wash tub that would be deep enough if I don't use it for strawberries.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:38 PM

859 posts, read 2,149,109 times
I just hurt so bad....... he was such a huge part of our Life's.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:51 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
Sorry Jasmin.

Sounds like he had a good life. Plant your vegetables to honor the good times and his naughty spirit. It may be painful but in time it does get easier.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:

Miss him so much
I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:12 AM

859 posts, read 2,149,109 times
thanks all

He was buried in the * tomato* Garden, I decided not to grow own tomato's this year sense I work and just don't have the time anymore to have a huge Garden. I have a local Farm market who gives me great Tomato's at a great price. So he will always be part of his garden and we are planting a Tree for him
I just cant get over the fact how fast this disease took him... he was very well taken care of Well loved by everyone.

ok back to canning - talk !

Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
thanks all

He was buried in the * tomato* Garden, I decided not to grow own tomato's this year sense I work and just don't have the time anymore to have a huge Garden. I have a local Farm market who gives me great Tomato's at a great price. So he will always be part of his garden and we are planting a Tree for him
I just cant get over the fact how fast this disease took him... he was very well taken care of Well loved by everyone.

ok back to canning - talk !
That's a perfect place for him Jasmin hope your loss is subsiding as each day passes.

I'll have to use an organic gardener to supplement my tomato produce this year as well can't grow enough to can on a patio. I miss my land for gardening and just sitting outside but this little plot will have to be enough now. Thankfully I'm not canning for the whole family any longer which is a good thing and a sad thing since they are grown.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 PM

I canned some jars of water to show somebody how to use her pressure canner. My patio garden bed is drenched from all the rain we have gotten for a week. Covered it up with beach towels the last 2 nights due to below freezing temps. I hope the veggies all pop back soon.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:30 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Back in the day, I did some canning, and it is very satisfying. Now, there is just the two of us and my garden is barely worth the trouble it takes to tend it (southern gardens are causing me constant challenges). If you have bounty, and family to eat it, it is very satisfying to sustain your family this way.
As for me, we don't eat enough to make it worth it.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Since selling my farm & moving into town & now to an apt it is just me too. I am still growing tomatoes on my patio hoping to get enough to can up some pasta sauce. I'm so use to eating home canned that store bought taste like the tin can no matter what is it to me.

I won't can up 2 years worth of food supply like I use to though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes