Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,570,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But the problem is that women today get to be whatever they want but men are still conditioned to be old-school gentleman by funding your new lifestyle no matter how senseless it is.
It is not always senseless, and those who take issue with it, again, simply don't find it convenient. I can assure you my guy is not "funding" a new lifestyle. I work, pay my bills, take care of myself. He is an enhancement to my life, he's not replacing it. We go to the same restaurants I went to before I met him, when I was paying my own check. I still do when he's not in town. Women get to be whatever they want? So do some men (note I said "some"). I treat mine with the utmost respect. I chose him because he is successful and stable and that is important to me and there is nothing wrong with valuing this.

Quote:
That's the crux of my issue with women today. You chicks 60 years ago use to shoot guns so you could protect yourself, you made good food from scratch, you lived modestly, you also were very knowledgeable in a wide variety of things (which are now lost because spending time with your grandma is now "boring").
Back in the day like in Tombstone? My mother never knew how to shoot a gun, my grandmother didn't either. That doesn't make me less than.

I'm an excellent cook, I am knowledgable in a wide variety of things and I live within my means. Not living "modestly" doesn't make one less than either. I work hard for my money, I'm going to enjoy it. Therefore, I am not going to be with someone who can't do the same or who will cause me to not continue to enjoy what I do now.

And "back in the day", the men did all the protecting and brought home all the money. So, what you're saying is we women should be old-school, but you guys shouldn't. That just doesn't seem fair.

Quote:
Fast forward today, quite frankly, many women only know the address to the nearest mall, and nail/tan salon. That's about it.
This is true. Can't argue there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:26 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,112,561 times
To each his own i just never understood gold digging from the sense of i could never be with somebody i have no attraction to and dont like that much just becasue they have money

WHy is having allot of money that important to some people?

Do u really think having allot of money makes all problems go away that its worth whoring yourself out?

Id rather have enough money to get by and stll do things i wanna do in life and be with somebody i love.. then again im not a women i guess were wired differently.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nothing personal, MG, but are you confident you can always tell...? Because I highly doubt it.
I would be certain of it, cause I look like some casual broke ass surfer dude.

My look doesn't scream money. Heck, it doesn't even whisper it.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:36 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
It is not always senseless, and those who take issue with it, again, simply don't find it convenient. I can assure you my guy is not "funding" a new lifestyle. I work, pay my bills, take care of myself. He is an enhancement to my life, he's not replacing it.
Sounds like a match then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Back in the day like in Tombstone? My mother never knew how to shoot a gun, my grandmother didn't either.
I fully understand not EVERY woman was like what I described but MORE of you women had these skills the further back in time you go.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,322,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
To each his own i just never understood gold digging from the sense of i could never be with somebody i have no attraction to and dont like that much just becasue they have money

WHy is having allot of money that important to some people?

Do u really think having allot of money makes all problems go away that its worth whoring yourself out?

Id rather have enough money to get by and stll do things i wanna do in life and be with somebody i love.. then again im not a women i guess were wired differently.
The women on this thread are not saying they would "***** themselves out". That is what some men are saying. Men that are new to CD and seem to be eerily similar. I also am tired of being told over and over that I need a man for money. I don't. Also, I have not called anyone any names or insulted their families. I have, however, suggested that they not date since it is clear that they dislike women.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
These are people who just aren't in the same league as most of the rest of us.

That dude puts his pants on one leg at a time just like I do. I have also seen women on this forum that look better then that chick. So my point is, those people are not that $$m special. **Yawn**

Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women menstruate so therefore you deserve all the freebies, romancing, chivalry, and entitlementes/priviledges of relationships that women are accustomed to? Look around you. Everything you see was put where it is thanks to men. Look at those walls around you, the street where you get to ride or drive your guy's luxurious cars, the roof on top of your head, etc. all brought to you by men, still, you won't be willing to reciprocate all the things I have already mentioned.

I'll trade your 4 - 6 day a month menstruation for a life served in a silver platter any time .
We don't do the kind of work men do so we're ungrateful? I didn't realize we owed the roofers and the builders and the construction guys who are PAID to do the work they CHOOSE to do. And this is a silver platter?

I'm pretty sure it was a woman who bore you. On your knees, peasant.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Aaaanyways, as for the children. You won't have the child of every man who could approach you to take you out so using that excuse just doesn't make it.
Not only that, but women KILL their babies simply out of inconvenience (abortion). How more selfish can you get!? And it's ALL women across the anglosphere.

Babies inconvenient - Abbott | Herald Sun

See, what Serriaaz just used is what they call a shaming tactic. Most guys fall for it because they want a womans approval.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,112,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
The women on this thread are not saying they would "***** themselves out". That is what some men are saying. Men that are new to CD and seem to be eerily similar. I also am tired of being told over and over that I need a man for money. I don't. Also, I have not called anyone any names or insulted their families. I have, however, suggested that they not date since it is clear that they dislike women.
I wasnt talking all women just the few who do it like on the website.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
That dude puts his pants on one leg at a time just like I do. I have also seen women on this forum that look better then that chick. So my point is, those people are not that $$m special. **Yawn**
Yeah, that chick in the vid was attractive,but not the level of "hotness" that that clown, er, I mean guy was spending on her.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships