Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 PM

55 posts, read 49,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;14756025
People on here are giving you fluff,most of em telling u it doesnt matter are the biggest heightists out there and wouldnt know u exist. Truth is white black and asian women as a whole worship height there just goofy. I talk to shorter women because that's what I'm attracted to. Everyone has insecurities. To say otherwise is to just lie to yourself. In the dating game, you have to play the odds. Seriously, what are the odds that a 5'10" woman is going to want to date a 5'5" guy? And odds are, the vast majority of women prefer to date a male that is at least equal in height or taller than them (although not necessarily 10" taller than them, just taller).

Thank you! This is what I was referring to. The people who say this and that, while may not be the biggest heightists, play it down like it is less serious than it is. And of course, all of them will say, that its THIS behavior that turns them off. I cannot be upset with this perspective, but lets call it what it is. Women for the most part are attracted to height first. Plain and simple. While the occasional oddball may become successful, the average short guy is almost no match for the average medium or taller male.

Shorter women on the whole are attracted to men much taller, not their height or taller. I see women in the 5'8 range with men their height all of the time, even Hispanics. Rarely will you see a 5'2 woman with a 5'2 male. Sure there aren't that many 5'2 males, but how many women do you see online looking for men under 5'10. I know a man who is 5'1 personally who would hang out with a group of us in graduate school. The women would literally laugh at him, maybe call him 'cute', but definitely did not take him seriously. He would try to talk about significant things, for which everything would be greeted with a giggle or a laugh.

At 5'5 1/2, my world is much different from his, but I have an idea of what it is like. The only instance I can think of in the media where a short guy was truly worshiped as a character was Michael J. Fox on Spin City.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
Thank you! This is what I was referring to. The people who say this and that, while may not be the biggest heightists, play it down like it is less serious than it is. And of course, all of them will say, that its THIS behavior that turns them off. I cannot be upset with this perspective, but lets call it what it is. Women for the most part are attracted to height first. Plain and simple. While the occasional oddball may become successful, the average short guy is almost no match for the average medium or taller male.

Shorter women on the whole are attracted to men much taller, not their height or taller. I see women in the 5'8 range with men their height all of the time, even Hispanics. Rarely will you see a 5'2 woman with a 5'2 male. Sure there aren't that many 5'2 males, but how many women do you see online looking for men under 5'10. I know a man who is 5'1 personally who would hang out with a group of us in graduate school. The women would literally laugh at him, maybe call him 'cute', but definitely did not take him seriously. He would try to talk about significant things, for which everything would be greeted with a giggle or a laugh.

At 5'5 1/2, my world is much different from his, but I have an idea of what it is like. The only instance I can think of in the media where a short guy was truly worshiped as a character was Michael J. Fox on Spin City.
Yeah, I've noticed that the shorter a woman is, the taller the guy has to be. They like being seen hanging off guys who are much taller than them. More eyes = more attention.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
You might be a little taller, but you would be much more funny looking and not so proportionate.

Do it. Then post pics.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:34 PM

379 posts, read 512,884 times
Quote:

Ask Michael J. Fox if he'd rather be 6'2" or not have Parkinson's. I bet I know what he would choose.

Even if all that you are saying is true, what are you going to do about it? The answer is nothing. If you want to do the surgery, go for it. Its your life. Your lot in life is being short. Some people are missing an arm, some people are in a wheelchair. I can't even imagine the insurmountable odds that those people face when trying to meet a potential mate.

You are short. I am also short. That's life. Genetically, you must have blessed with other attributes that you can improve, but height is not one of them. Maybe you are muscular, or smart, or handsome. Work extra hard on your other attributes. Or, if you have absolutely nothing physically or mentally attractive to offer a woman, you might have to select a woman that has nothing to offer you, physically or mentally, or be single. That's the way the cookie crumbles, my longitudinally-challenged friend.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:40 PM

494 posts, read 890,604 times
OP: it's not height that keeps women from dating you, it's your personality.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that the shorter a woman is, the taller the guy has to be. They like being seen hanging off guys who are much taller than them. More eyes = more attention.
Well, they ARE convenient when I can't reach the top shelf at the grocery store.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:17 PM

917 posts, read 2,948,634 times
In high school, I was 5'5" and I had a HUGE crush on a guy who was barely 5 ft (and two years older, so not likely to grow much more). After months and months of working up the courage, I asked him to a dance. He turned me down because I was too tall. It works both ways. One of my best friends (female) is 6ft and has been on maybe 3 dates in her whole life (and she is not one of those ladies who waits around for a man to make the first move). Now THAT is rough- I'm sure you've had more than 3 dates. I did end up with a man who is a little bit taller than me (I'm 5'8", he's 5'10"), but I dated several guys that were shorter than me because I liked them. I literally outgrew a boyfriend when I grew two inches in my first year of college.

Some women do care about height, but a lot of women don't- or are willing to ignore it if you really are a great guy. In my experience, the short guys were more self conscious about asking a taller girl out because they assumed she wasn't interested, while the taller girls were so desperate they would have said yes if the guy had bothered to ask.

BTW, I did stay in touch with my 5ft tall crush. He got married and has two adorable children. His wife is short too, but not as short as him.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Lets say you get the surgery...

Do you REALLY want to be with a girl who looks down on people because of their height? Because, what you're saying, this same girl will reject you if you're short, therefore she DOES look down on people.

Why would any guy want to be with a shallow idiot like that?

Go out and get yourself a real woman.

My dad was only 5' 2" and he and my 5' 6" mother were happily married for 35 years and raised 6 children before he passed away. Everyone used to say that the kind of man he was made him tower over any other person. He was a great person, and it had nothing to do with his height

Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
This one I hear all of the time, and its an excuse. How about they target you for the same reasons other men target you, because you're good looking, and MOST women who are their height or taller want no part. Would it make a difference if you were say, 5'8, and the guy in question was 5'11 or 6 ft? No, it wouldn't. So why is it a problem if a 5'4 guy shows interest in a 5 ft woman. It's the same height difference, and he is approaching you for the same reason any other man would. Short guys do have problems approaching women because they are not in the want.
But what short guys say is that short women tend to prefer much taller men. They say this a lot, to the point that there is a short guy vs. short girl sort of war. If it is true, chances are better with a same-height or slightly taller girl.

The truth is short girls don't have the same problems short men do and they can find men of whatever height they prefer. They seem to like the taller ones, in general. More often I see a 5'4 guy with a girl a little taller.

I just hate to see someone with self esteem issues do something that will make him feel worse - in this case limiting the pool to shorter women while ignoring taller ones who may be more open.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post

4. If all else fails, take the $70k and buy a used corvette for $35k. $35k will get you a nearly new, mint condition, bright red, pimped-out Vette. At 5'5", you will fit perfectly in it (thats one advantage to being short- you can fit in a sports car easily!). Take the other $35k and expand your search overseas.

5. Spend $70k to be ________________________________________ that much taller and potentially have a limp?! Get to a psychiatrist pronto.

As one short dude to another, this is the best advice I got.
For the kind of money he wants to spend making himself taller he could buy himself a Corvette Z06. That would be sweet...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships