Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,412,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conned View Post
Excuse me but I AM a victim. This kid lied to me time and time again about his age. I was totally convinced that he was at least a mature young adult. ADULT. The same thing could happen to YOU some day so you would do well to listen.

I hope you do 10 years, you make me sick.

Chome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,278,380 times
Quote:
Well first of all, I'm a middle aged mom and new gramma. I met a guy on a game that we both played, very charming, mature, kind, funny, friendly, interesting, affectionate, open-minded, adventurous.

At first he told me he was over 18. Over the course of time, I found out other details such as his birthday was in July ( I was assuming that he would be 19). At graduation time, he "didn't go" to his senior prom. When July rolled around, I sent him a card and a couple of gag sex gifts for his birthday.
Hmmm, one of my sisters is 53 and has a baby grandson. I'm imagining her chatting on line with and sending gag sex toys to an 18-year-old for his high school graduation.

NO, NO, NO! It's all wrong!

Even if he was 18, why would you, a self-professed "middle-aged mom and new gramma," send him gag sex toys? 18 is much too young for you to have any kind of relationship with him as peers, and the minute you thought he was still in high school, you should have disappeared entirely, from both the game and his life.

I mean, think of the situation in reverse: What if you had an 18-year-old daughter and some middle-aged man and new grandfather sent her gag sex toys for her high school graduation?

This is just all kinds of wrong, and frankly, that he turned out to be younger than 18 is just icing on the cake. You behaved in a completely smarmy and inappropriate manner given that you thought he was about to graduate high school. As far as I'm concerned, you are indeed a predator.

Yuck. Just yuck.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:20 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,598,538 times
Quote:
Excuse me but I AM a victim. This kid lied to me time and time again about his age. I was totally convinced that he was at least a mature young adult. ADULT. The same thing could happen to YOU some day so you would do well to listen.
I'm not sure if you are just here to rile us all up but if this really happened you need some help. It won't happen to me because I don't have online romantic relationships.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:32 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,858,180 times
This thread should be a sticky!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Quote:

It's amazing how you can get dragged into something like this out of the blue.
No it's not. What were you thinking?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 16,830 times
Coming from all you people who probably send gag gifts to all your friends, that's pretty hypocritic. Like I said, I'm just a normal person who got conned and sucked into a friendship with someone online. I wasn't "looking for" a relationship, I wasn't "looking for" a friendship, and if I were it sure as hell wouldn't be with a kid, would it.

I'm not a predator in any shape or form. I just found someone I liked talking to and I had a blast with, I had no idea he was like that. Thanks for all the smarta$$ remarks though, really. I was hoping for a little more help and support, but I can see from the caliber of the people who made the last few posts that I won't find anyone who can do that here.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,412,583 times
You're not a predator; you are a pedophile.

Go to jail already.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:47 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,684,353 times
This just can't be real. No one can be this stupid and still get by doing the day to day life functions we all do... it's just not possible.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:48 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,111,704 times
Default Teenage boys lying about their age

Quote:
It is. It's totally absurd, I agree. But it has happened to me. I'm just an ordinary person, it's not like I went out looking for some young teenaged psychopath to uhh.. cybermolest (is there such a thing?) - we met on the game we both played and started hanging out, got really attached to each other.

I sure as h3ll never expected anything like this to ever happen to me, but it did. And before you say well why didn't you just break it off and cut contact... what would you do if someone was slitting their wrists because of you?
I would send them a knife.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:53 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,858,180 times
See...this is what happens when you spend all day playing video games. One looses all sense of reality and starts living in some fantasy world. It happens to young and old alike. Video games should be banned from the planet. Minds are melting as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships