Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:16 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Bottom line is, if you can't get what you want, your standards are too high. That goes for you, for me, and all the angry bloggers. If all you attract are low quality women it means you are low quality yourself. It really is that simple, so keep that in mind when you read those angry rants about women.

what does this have to do with anything? looks like misdirection play
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 08:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
what does this have to do with anything? looks like misdirection play
If my post was so difficult that it flew over your head, there is no point in us carrying on this conversation. I just don't possess the ability to communicate with you in a manner that make sense to you. I'll even take the blame for it.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,920 times
Make no such pledge. Follow through with your said intentions, those are more important. You'll know if and when it's time to get married. Not everyone is meant to be married and society really needs to absorb this.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 PM

964 posts, read 3,160,777 times
Wow lol, didn't realize this would turn into a discussion. well i may have exagerrated some when I said the age thing, but I do know that I am not going to just rush and get married seeing as I am still young and I'm not really at the mature enough stage for marriage or imo.

and to the poster who suggested me to get my education, part, travel, etc. oh i will do that.

so many places i want to see and so many things i want to do.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
If my post was so difficult that it flew over your head, there is no point in us carrying on this conversation. I just don't possess the ability to communicate with you in a manner that make sense to you. I'll even take the blame for it.

you're silly

Old 09-05-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Bottom line is, if you can't get what you want, your standards are too high. That goes for you, for me, and all the angry bloggers. If all you attract are low quality women it means you are low quality yourself. It really is that simple, so keep that in mind when you read those angry rants about women.

this has nothing to so with what I said, nothing

Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
I have to agree when you talk about women. With all the advantages women have, if they are constantly finding themselves with low quality men, it probably says a lot about either them or their mental health. Usually the advantages women have will allow them to at least be "in the game" with men who are relatively better looking and from a higher social class. However, this can be taken too far and in the end, such women will find that it was an illusion of success.

In contrast, most men don't have any advantages in dating. The tendency of women to aspire to someone better than themselves means that many high quality men are left out. I've seen a lot of this. Such men aren't setting their standards too high, they are just ensuring that they have some standards.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:56 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times
I think a such a "pledge" might be a bit much. However, it's very important that you have a "plan" for your life. You must know what you want before you can know if you found it.

That said, it's also important that you allow enough flexibility to allow happiness in your life. If you should meet "the one" before your target marriage-able age - don't be foolish enough to let happiness pass you by!!

Also important not to allow time to pass you by. It happens! If you want to be married at 35-40 you will need to begin "serious only" dating around 30-31. Yes, that will mean no casual dating, hanging out, etc. It will mean you will need to "get serious" to get what you want.
Best wishes!

Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
this has nothing to so with what I said, nothing
The point, as I'm understanding it, is that people that spend their time whining, complaining, ranting, negatively obsessing, etc (e.g., the author of that blog, who you noted in your response) about the opposite sex often do not grasp the role they play in their failed relationships/interactions with the opposite gender.

You asking 'what does this have to do with anything?' is the nonsensical portion of the exchange since her post has everything to do with pretty much every thread in this forum.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I don't understand the point of making such a pledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships