Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:19 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times

Advertisements

P.S. He was reading over my shoulder while I typed the above post. Hee, hee.

Seriously, now that he's no longer looking over my shoulder, in truth I'd probably help out if I thought I could help him. Hard to say exactly without ever having been in the actual situation. Sometimes I surprise myself.

I'm usually a girly girl type who doesn't like to get my hands dirty. But there is another side that surfaces once in awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:22 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I'd dial 911 if there were weapons involved, otherwise, I'd just let the best man win. Of course it would be my guy because he's the biggest bad ass out there. There aren't thugs tough enough to take him down.
Lmao!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
P.S. He was reading over my shoulder while I typed the above post. Hee, hee.
Now see, THERE'S a lethal weapon - feminine cunning!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
You watch too much Jersey Shore.

I honestly can't even fathom a situation where my husband would be in a physical altercation with another person.

Unless it's a documentary, most movies are fiction also ...Old movies too.

If someone randomly jumped him (still, can't ever see this happening) then you bet your life I'd step in a kick some arse!

Do you really see this type of scenario often enough to make a generalization about it? Maybe you hang with the wrong crowd.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I honestly can't even fathom a situation where my husband would be in a physical altercation with another person.

If someone randomly jumped him (still, can't ever see this happening) then you bet your life I'd step in a kick some arse!

Do you really see this type of scenario often enough to make a generalization about it? Maybe you hang with the wrong crowd.
It seems you live a charmed life - congratulations! I hope nothing ever DOES happen to you and yours.

Unfortunately, the real world is seldom what we expect it to be...

Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It seems you live a charmed life - congratulations! I hope nothing ever DOES happen to you and yours.

Unfortunately, the real world is seldom what we expect it to be...
I don't think I live a charmed life. It's just his personality type. He's quiet, keeps to himself, doesn't socialize a whole lot and we live in a quiet, smallish town. He's the type to walk away from confrontation.

If he's out with his buddies after a hockey game, I'm sure he could get into trouble, they are a rowdy bunch.

I'm not saying it never could happen, we just don't find situations when he and I are out where something like that could happen.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
I don't think I live a charmed life. It's just his personality type. He's quiet, keeps to himself, doesn't socialize a whole lot and we live in a quiet, smallish town. He's the type to walk away from confrontation.
That certainly helps. You've reduced the odds, but just realize that in this crazy world anything can happen anywhere. When you see one of those horrible crimes being reported upon on the six-o'clock news, what is the first thing the neighbors always say? "Oh, ol' Bill? He was a sweetheart - never had no problems with him. We're a G*d-fearin', quiet-like kinda' town here..."

...or am I just paranoid? Probably...but I could tell you stories...

Quote:
If he's out with his buddies after a hockey game, I'm sure he could get into trouble, they are a rowdy bunch.
LOL - and baseball games, and football games, and soccer games...seems that's often the main attraction!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That certainly helps. You've reduced the odds, but just realize that in this crazy world anything can happen anywhere. When you see one of those horrible crimes being reported upon on the six-o'clock news, what is the first thing the neighbors always say? "Oh, ol' Bill? He was a sweetheart - never had no problems with him. We're a G*d-fearin', quiet-like kinda' town here..."

...or am I just paranoid? Probably...but I could tell you stories...

LOL - and baseball games, and football games, and soccer games...seems that's often the main attraction!
Oh don't I know it! He is well traveled, been to a lot of not-so-nice areas in other countries and I worry a lot.

And you are very right...the nastiest things usually happen in small towns. I just pray to God it never happens to us/him. But I'd jump in and help once he does not have the advantage.

Yeah, the hockey games...after he's played his still in his tough, manly state of being...lol. I go to some of his games and stayed for their after-party once. WOW...lol, I never knew that side of him!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
People in movies are stupid. Don't worry about the way they were written. My daughter and her friend love horror movies, and we were talking about how dumb characters are.

- Hey, what's that creepy noise coming from the attic? I should go check it out. Hmmm, the light's not working. Oh well!
- Whew, I clobbered the bad guy. He looks unconscious. I'll just leave my weapon over here and go into the other room.
- Oh no, my friend is being attacked! I'll just cringe over here by this lamp, bat, electric guitar, set of knives and pile of 2x4s and whimper in fear.

Nobody knows what he or she will do in a moment of intense crisis. (Like that thread the other day about whether we would kill our loved ones before we kill ourselves. Nobody can really know that.) Some of us will freeze. Some of us will fight back. We can say what we'd think we'd do, but we don't really know. People who practice martial arts and self defense go through the same moves again and again so that they can react reflexively to a situation. Still, real-life sparring competitions are not like the beautifully choreographed fights in movies.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah, the hockey games...after he's played his still in his tough, manly state of being...lol. I go to some of his games and stayed for their after-party once. WOW...lol, I never knew that side of him!
Heh, heh - it's hard to turn off that testosterone tap after it's been left fully-open for so long!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships