Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times

Advertisements

your giving her what she wants but shes not giving you what you want

stop giving her what she wants and shell come around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 07:51 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,820 times
Good goddess you people are harsh "put her back on the shelf" "move on", she is still a human being, and perhaps that is what EVERYONE always does to her and thus she never gets better. Be her friend....and try to get her to open up to you but don't try to sleep with her in this state....there is something in her past i feel.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:52 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
If she`s screwing other guys, but yet the two of you are dating, I wouldn`t be interested in "when is it going to be my turn?" Eeek!

iIt's casual dating yankee you know another nice way of saying it's ok to bang other people while we feel each other out

Old 10-30-2010, 03:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShooter100 View Post
Brief background: I'm 24, she's 23. We have been casually dating (not exclusively) for a month, and recently she told me (drunk and crying) that she has feelings for me.

Meanwhile, she won't sleep with me or do anything sexual (always some lame excuse), but yet she sleeps with guys she doesn't care about. We have made out numerous times, but nothing more. She also has daddy issues (daddy never gave her approval, etc). She is very pretty, and is the type of girl that gets hit on all the time by guys.

What's my next move? I don't want to just sleep with her and then leave her, I actually like this girl. But it's not fair to me that she's intimate with other guys and not me. I feel that she is playing games, and I have been advised (by guys AND girls) next time to act like a complete ***hole to her. Basically show her little to no affection, and she will sleep with me to validate herself. Last time we were out, I ignored her for a while and she was all over me. I don't like playing games, but girls like this are why "nice guys" turn into ***holes.
You need to ask yourself something...why would you find someone such an emotional mess even remotely attractive?

Old 10-30-2010, 03:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
This might shed some light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kr7A2x1WgU

Old 10-30-2010, 10:41 PM

60 posts, read 118,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Good goddess you people are harsh "put her back on the shelf" "move on", she is still a human being, and perhaps that is what EVERYONE always does to her and thus she never gets better. Be her friend....and try to get her to open up to you but don't try to sleep with her in this state....there is something in her past i feel.
As good intentioned as your advice is, the problem here is that the guy (on some level) is already attached to her romantically/emotionally.

While it's nice to think that you can wait it out and be there for her and someday she'll reciprocate the feelings, there's a good chance the guy will put himself through hell and then some only to have her keep doing what she's doing (jumping into bed with random guys while having him there as the backup plan) and things go nowhere.

Of course, every situation is different. If he thinks she's worth waiting and trying for, then he should do so. Everyone who's saying to split has a very valid reason for saying so.

@OP: Best bet, just keep doing what you're doing while look for other girls to talk to and date. Chances are, you'll find someone else and won't see current girl in the same light as you do now.

There's also the possibility that she'll come at you more aggressively when she sees you pulling other girls similar to how she does when you don't pay her any attention. Problem with this is that once you give her attention she'll revert back to her previous behavior and the cycle continues.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:29 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Hey nice guy, go ahead and turn into an a##hole if it'll make you happy, just don't blame it on anyone else!!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:18 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,726 times
yuck.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:25 PM

8 posts, read 16,323 times
RUN, don't walk in the other direction. She's a nut case. She will drag you down in her misery. You are young, look for a sane girl.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
She sounds like she has some issues.... I'd proceed with caution......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships