Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:35 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,332,108 times

Advertisements

Alriiiiiiiiight it's Misswee!! Where have you been girl, my popcorn was starting to get stale!!

BTW, drunken dials are done because the effects of alcohol tends to make some people horny. Therefore the good ole' "liquid courage" comes into play and the next thing you know...........ringaling....ringaling "How youuuuu doin'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
If the only time you get the guts to call a girl is when it is a drunken dial, then does it mean you are scared of us when you are sober? Does it mean you are loking for one thing?

Also, he does the tounge tied thing at the begining of the night, and by midnight he is finally able to talk to me...... this has been going on for MONTHS now.... what is the big deal? he should be over it by now shouldn't he? Why won't or can't he talk to me when he is sober?

He only drinks a few times a month.

We are just gonna never get ANYWHERE if he dosen't loosen up.......

How do we break this habit?

Should I just write this guy off??
He needs to grow up.

You need to realize you deserve better.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 PM

881 posts, read 1,113,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I can relate to your bf. I am so scared of women I can only talk to them when drunk. I could not even post to the Internet when answering a guy (FBI) pretending to be a underage girl without the liquid courage. After years of intensive therapy of talking to women images in magazines I have finally broken the vicious habit. I am now able to post to real women (I hope) without first reaching for the bottle!

You might recommend to your bf that he joins BB (Booze&Broads) where they have a 3 drink method of controlling his addiction. There are many local chapters that exist under the "Hooters" brand name. Here professional staff members work with guys like your bf to overcome their illness.

Good luck and do not give up! There is a cure.
Thanks for an on topic post!

yeah, he only ever talks to his guy friends all night.
.. and then usually they will drag him up and coach him to start talking to me and hang out a bit before "abandoning him" with me.....kinda cute.

We have FARRRR too much in common, and way too much of a connection to just blow it off.

he did call me a few days ago sober, and it was the longest conversation we have had. He sounded SOOO happy.

I was proud of him.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1g1yy12 View Post
Is this for real ?

If so, how intimidating are you ?

Well, I am really tiny, and usually it is tall guys who are terrified of me, but he is closer to average height so I don't see the big deal.

I know how much he likes me. His friends tell me more than he does though unfortunatly.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He needs to grow up.

You need to realize you deserve better.

You think so?

We are sooooo compatible though..... personality wise.

We are into all of the same things, he gives me books to read that give me goose bumps, his friends seem to have us practically married already......

Isn't it ok to take things a bit slow? let things grow at a proper rate instead of jumping right in?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,564,154 times
Is this the 18 year old?

Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,037,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Is this the 18 year old?
I was wondering the exact same thing.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
If the only time you get the guts to call a girl is when it is a drunken dial, then does it mean you are scared of us when you are sober? Does it mean you are loking for one thing?

Also, he does the tounge tied thing at the begining of the night, and by midnight he is finally able to talk to me...... this has been going on for MONTHS now.... what is the big deal? he should be over it by now shouldn't he? Why won't or can't he talk to me when he is sober?

He only drinks a few times a month.

We are just gonna never get ANYWHERE if he dosen't loosen up.......

How do we break this habit?

Should I just write this guy off??

He sounds really young without a shred of self-confidence, poor guy.

If he's got great qualities otherwise and there's some chemistry between you just give it a little time - what's the rush?

Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,821,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Alright, another misswee thread! It's been too long,I need my drama-thread fix.

But seriously, here is my theory: he is intimidated by your youthful beauty and is so afraid of messing up, he must knock down a few drinks before calling you.
It was time for another fable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You should have done that long ago.
Or he should have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
But not nearly as fun as the TVSG threads!
Buta close second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Alriiiiiiiiight it's Misswee!! Where have you been girl, my popcorn was starting to get stale!!

BTW, drunken dials are done because the effects of alcohol tends to make some people horny. Therefore the good ole' "liquid courage" comes into play and the next thing you know...........ringaling....ringaling "How youuuuu doin'?
I'll bring the milk duds
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Is this the 18 year old?
Or younger?

Drunken dials PIA... Pocket dials same.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,801,553 times
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know like the rest of the posters.

Misswee, is this really a question. You aren't sure, if you are a booty call/jumpoff.

He has courage around midnight and drinks are involved. Ole boy has a slow night, so he turn to you. He knows you won't deny him.

How old are you and him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships