Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 07:45 PM

76 posts, read 108,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Bryan 181,

A so called "nice guy" can modify his behavior either directly or through a proxy of accomplishment. There is a feedback loop. When men display a lack of confidence, they are more or less revealing that they would make a poor mate. Suppose a man was filled with anxiety due to losing it all, or perhaps the police are closing in on a crime he committed. Women will pick up on this display as a warning to them. Suppose a man has been wildly successful. Women will pick this up in body language which is not the display of a nice guy but typically a one who is a little cocky.

Since this has been explained, and women actually report their lack of desire for men who only have nice to offer, what kind of woman wants a man who cannot adapt himself?

In comparison, what would you like? An uptight librarian who will do it once a month in the dark or a prostitute? That is the equivalent choice you are presenting women. I could see some men who just might say the hell with it. At least he may have one happy moment before he dies.
you're right, but we are talking mostly younger men who by default have accomplished less in life. poindexter will be much more confident later when he has a car worth about as much as bad boy's house.

how come a bad boy's criminal record doesn't repel women just like for nice guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 06:58 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Default How to get a girls number?

Just watched this and this scene made me laugh. A good example of how nice guys sometimes miss the boat sometimes. "Women respond to sincerity."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJLZo...eature=related

Old 11-21-2010, 07:29 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post

yes this thread is still going on because I like reading what everyone has to say. Don't like it? then don't post here and don't act like you know me or who I am. You obviously don't.
Actually, I may not know you, but I know your type. I've encountered guys like you throughout my life and watched them screw up one opportunity after another--yet whine about how it's not their fault. I mean, your initial post sounds so much like every other self-described nice guy, it could be cliché.

I'm really doing you a tremendous favor by giving you a little tough love. Blaming others for your inability to find love means that you are not seriously looking at yourself and your own dysfunction. Sorry.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
And yet instead of really helping the guy you just tell him he has a 'dysfunction.' Christ what's next, I go to the doctor and he diagnoses me with ebola and then tells me to hit the road?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
And yet instead of really helping the guy you just tell him he has a 'dysfunction.' Christ what's next, I go to the doctor and he diagnoses me with ebola and then tells me to hit the road?
That's Western medicine for you...

Old 11-21-2010, 10:08 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

Hi HurricaneDC,

The proper metaphor for making this request on an internet forum is "What's next, I go to the slaughter house and they turn me into meat parts under bubble wrap?"

Yep, that's Western medicine for ya.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 AM

12 posts, read 15,849 times
It's a simple equation, be yourself but don't be a doormat. I learned that there are "nice girls" out there who fit our persnality and who will accept us for who we are, and let us leave those ones that go after douchebags to get dumped and get sh****d on their whole life.

Last edited by MyComputer; 11-21-2010 at 11:05 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Thank you. I appreciate this!
You're welcome. Go have some fun. Good luck!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:26 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
The nice guy's girl friend, where is she now?

Perhaps this advice is not contemporary; but in the past, "nice guys" could buy back their women in Barbary.Perhaps someone will help me out and find something more up-to-date.

BBC - History - British History in depth: British Slaves on the Barbary Coast
The pasha also bought most female captives, some of whom were taken into his harem, where they lived out their days in captivity. The majority, however, were purchased for their ransom value; while awaiting their release, they worked in the palace as harem attendants.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I may not know you, but I know your type. I've encountered guys like you throughout my life and watched them screw up one opportunity after another--yet whine about how it's not their fault. I mean, your initial post sounds so much like every other self-described nice guy, it could be cliché.

I'm really doing you a tremendous favor by giving you a little tough love. Blaming others for your inability to find love means that you are not seriously looking at yourself and your own dysfunction. Sorry.
I'd bet you any selfproclaimed niceguy knows he is the only common denominator in the failed attemps to get a woman. You are not helping the guy, you're just shoving the **** he already knows in his face. The problem isn't that he is unnaware of his inadequacies, if he was he wouldn't be posting here, would he? the wants help solving the problem, not realising it.

Well I used to be this..."niceguy", but now I just don't give a crap, and it kinda helps, not to get women, but to keep some freaken sanity.

@football freak:
as for the actual help, I don't have any soloution, but I also doubt you'll get any here no matter how many threads you throw on the board. I'd bet you I was up at about 15 of these before I gave up. You won't get much more than a couple of clichés and a bucket full of cynical comments here(or any other forum), that's just the way it is. Just don't dwell on it, thats the worst you can do.

Last edited by Niceguy89; 11-21-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships