Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:02 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times

Advertisements

Well it is your problem because you are putting up with that BS.

I would seriously drop that loser like a hot potato just for the walking behind thing. I am sure he does a lot of other things like that. I don't even know why/how you like someone like that. Did he change?

I would seriously drop him just for the pants adjustment thing and the walking thing. Adjusting your boner in a place where other people can see as you oogle a total stranger...and not walking slow enough to be even WITH the person you are WITH?

Come on now. If I was your mother I would tell you to stop being stupid and drop him. You got all the good you are getting out of this situation . The only good is that you will appreciate someone who acts NORMAL and respectful. Its one thing to look...but to stare and thing to pop and adjustable. Thats getting close to criminal behavior. Whats next? Jacking it while sitting in the mall parking lot watching teen girls smoke on the sidewalk!?

Respectful looking is a peek and away. Not locked in a comatose trance while putting you hands in your pocket for funtime at jolly pervo land!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 AM

61 posts, read 112,143 times
He sounds yucky... ewwww

Old 01-10-2009, 09:34 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
For years and years I felt so horribly uncomfortable being in public with my boyfriend. Where ever we were and no matter how crowded or not crowded the envirnoment was, he had to stop and stare at every female that walked or stood near by. From watching his eyes, I would say his eyes were popped out. From watching his tongue, I would say he was drooling like st barnard. From his facial expression, I would say he really likes what he's looking at. This goes on all the time in the public places - wal-mart, drug store, fair, beach- ugh!, restaurants, gas station or anywhere!
Is this a male problem or a female problem? I watched Dr.Phil say that it's her problem and I do not agree. What do you think? Is this normal?
I've not read the whole thread but I wanted to put in my 2 cents....

Your post makes me think about that cell phone commercial where the guy takes a picture of another girl's behind while sitting with his girlfriend in a public place...

To me, the fact that he continues to do that after years in a relationship is a lack of respect on his part - especially, if you've let him know how you feel.

I wonder how he'd react if it were YOU looking at other men... drooling... everywhere you went?

If a WOMAN behaves that way, she is considered... well...

It's not cool, dude. Sorry, Dr. Phil...

Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
For years and years I felt so horribly uncomfortable being in public with my boyfriend. Where ever we were and no matter how crowded or not crowded the envirnoment was, he had to stop and stare at every female that walked or stood near by. From watching his eyes, I would say his eyes were popped out. From watching his tongue, I would say he was drooling like st barnard. From his facial expression, I would say he really likes what he's looking at. This goes on all the time in the public places - wal-mart, drug store, fair, beach- ugh!, restaurants, gas station or anywhere!
Is this a male problem or a female problem? I watched Dr.Phil say that it's her problem and I do not agree. What do you think? Is this normal?
My husband did that once. I don't know how he managed to trip over my foot while his head was turned to oogle

This is very disrespectful behavior. If he does this all the time, I'd be questioning whether or not I want to be in this relationship if I were you. If he can't even control himself when he's in your presence, what does he do when you're not around?

Oh, and I vote for your problem. You are tolerating blatent disrespect. Toss his butt to the curb and go find someone who respects you.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 01-10-2009 at 10:23 AM..

Old 01-10-2009, 10:25 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
A couple of discrete glances are one thing but, blatant staring is just rude. Walking in front of you is rude.

Don't put up with that nonsense.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
He walks in front of you? Dump his butt now. He's a jerk. He doesn't want people to know he's with you. He's keeping you around for convenience sake. He'll keep stringing you along and using you as long as you tolerate it. Don't tolerate it.

Good luck.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Default dogs are better than men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
He walks in front of you? Dump his butt now. He's a jerk. He doesn't want people to know he's with you. He's keeping you around for convenience sake. He'll keep stringing you along and using you as long as you tolerate it. Don't tolerate it.

Good luck.
I somehow missed the part where you said that he also walks in front of you.... oh my...

I agree with this poster. You DESERVE to be treated better.

As long as you keep this loser around, you won't meet the person that will treat you well.

I wouldn't waste any more time with him. What a jerk!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:14 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Lots of great posts in here. I will just add that this behavior should not be tolerated. The whole "boys will be boys" attitude is just an excuse for some men to be jerks. The ogling is disrespectful to not only the SO, but also the woman being ogled. It is one thing to appreciatively notice a beautiful person, it is another to keep looking/gawking, to make faces/noises, to follow around, and to fantasize.
I notice a trend here with women who say their ex ogled...he was also a pervert (liking young girls, touching themselves in public), sex addict, and/or a cheating womanizer. It's definitely a sign of a man with little respect for you, who objectifies woman, who is twisted, and who has no self control.

There was a guy interested in me once (a friend actually), and while he was not gross about it, he would openly comment on any woman in a 200 foot radius that he thought was attractive. He was interested in dating me, yet instead of complimenting my eyes he would compliment the waitress' striking eyes. Then he wondered why I did not return his romantic interest. That was just one of many little things about him that irked me. I decided we were better off as friends, and we still are friends.
Oh, and I think part of his reason for commenting on other women was his insecurity! It's like these men want to make you as insecure as they are. This friend would also sometimes allude to his view that I was much better looking than him, and now I think that he brought up other women to make me feel like I was not so special, so that I would not think I was above his "league" (as he did) and would consider dating him. However, that tactic backfired, because I am not one to be manipulated.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Dr. Phil can be a real insensitive chauvinist.

Did your BF have a pop tent as he was drooling like St. Barnard?

And I had no clue that you even had a BF....that is hilarious.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2009, 02:30 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Dr. Phil can be a real insensitive chauvinist.

Did your BF have a pop tent as he was drooling like St. Barnard?

And I had no clue that you even had a BF....that is hilarious.
Well he is not even a doctor and I think I do remember him cheating on his wife or rumors of it...guess he is one of those same pigs that say anything to save themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships