Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Women are supposed to be soft and stuff is supposed to jiggle. We've been brainwashed into thinking "normal" means hard as a rock. It's not, never was, never will be. But that's why people have body issues.
Supposed to be? Sounds like you're the one who's been brainwashed. Here's a novel idea. A woman is supposed to be whatever she wants to be. If she wants to be soft, let her be soft. If she wants to be a hardbody, that's fine too. Who are you or anyone else to tell her that she should be soft? And if you want to talk about why people have body issues, it's because we have people going around telling them what to be instead of letting them decide for themselves. I personally don't find a woman with extremely low body fat very attractive. But I admire her for not concerning herself with "cultural norms".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 02:36 PM

44,349 posts, read 20,053,982 times
I am self-conscious, at first. I don't have an SO at the moment, but when I do, and he holds me in his arms and tells me how sexy I am, my inhibitions dissipate.

Oh, and a glass of carbernet helps.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,305 times
Interesting topic. I always find it ironic that we women are so concerned with our bodies, even being of normal weight and fit, under the covers. But most men I know don't seem concerned, even when they are carrying around some belly weight. This reminds me of this picture:

Old 11-30-2010, 03:22 PM

496 posts, read 940,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Women are supposed to be soft and stuff is supposed to jiggle. We've been brainwashed into thinking "normal" means hard as a rock. It's not, never was, never will be. But that's why people have body issues.
Totally agree on the bolded part.

I don't think our bodies are "supposed" to be any certain way at this point. Culturally we've moved far, far away from what's "natural." My preference for firm and muscular is my preference for my own body - and I prefer it even knowing that a muscular build is a turnoff for lots of men. Like I said, *I* like it that way. Even all by myself. I enjoy watching my body build muscle and when I'm soft - even skinny soft - I get self-conscious in front of the mirror because I know I'm neglecting my goals. That's my way of enjoying my body. My wish for women is that they enjoy their bodies... soft, hard, round, flat... whatever.

ETA: That's hilarious, Missy.Rivers

Old 11-30-2010, 03:31 PM

634 posts, read 1,447,950 times
As a big girl who likes to keep it loud and proud I will say the following, I got it where it counts and I know how to use what I've got.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,389,656 times
It isn't just "big" girls. A woman can be thin and have some after effects from having a baby and are self conscious about that. I can't speak for all guys but things like that or having some belly doesn't bother me at all really.

And a guy can be self conscience about things also, I am, whether it is something some one actually notices or not but in the end when it comes to stripping my clothes will fly off in a minute.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic9460678748 View Post
As a big girl who likes to keep it loud and proud I will say the following, I got it where it counts and I know how to use what I've got.

To quote Jim Carrey.

"Alrighty then"

Old 11-30-2010, 03:58 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
I don't know why this thread is only directed towards women who are overweight, what about the men? I've seen guys who have to lean backwards to keep from toppling over due to the massive bellies they're accumulated. I think it probably works both ways for men or women if their partner is much thinner. I guess the only important thing is that if a person is really heavy then they have to be the one on the bottom. I remember seeing a news report quite a few months ago about a woman who was very overweight and got into a physical altercation with her husband and ended up sitting on him. Anyway, the guy died from suffocation and to the best of my recollection I think they charged her with manslaughter. Just saying.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:08 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I fit into the described category and honestly, I am self-conscious with my own husband. I wasn't so much until I had kids and that's when things changed.

I'm usually pretty quick to cover up as soon as the "fun" is done and I don't ever walk around in my birthday suit. I have a hard enough time wearing a bathing suit.

He is very confident when he's naked though.
This is because of all the pressure put on to women to be perfect, i'm sure the man in your life insn't perfect, so just relax. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone was perfect.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:11 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
cushla wrote:
Quote:
Wouldn't it be boring if everyone was perfect.
Well, actually, no it wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships