Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Ladies, why on earth do you all do this? My mom, cousins and every woman I have dated has done this to me and it aggravates me to no end.

I'll ask if they (girlfriend at the time) would like me to pick them up something to eat. They refuse so I go on my merry way. Upon returning with my fine cuisine, its starred upon by the moping snarl of my lady friend. Then she proceeds to ask if she may have some WHILE her hand is already in my plate. WHY do women do this ALL the time (at least in my experience)?
I've never had a woman ever do that to me. Maybe they know better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjas7J3CAA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 03:45 PM

262 posts, read 550,444 times
ModdestMike is right here, this is a typical girl thing I also had with my ex girlfriend.
Always saying ''I'm not hungry'' but still steeling my fries.

I sometimes get the impression that they think that we think they will keep their body in shape if they refuse a full portion. Couldn't think of anything else, of course sparing me money but that also didn't show at the cinema.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 PM

142 posts, read 238,619 times
Quote:
How am I not being polite by offering to buy them their own.

That's just the problem. You are using politeness in place of being more understanding. You are only being 'polite' to stop your partner sharing your food. She is your partner for God's sake, not your dog!

Still offer to buy her something but in future accept that she might want to share yours and have fun letting her.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:59 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Ladies, why on earth do you all do this? My mom, cousins and every woman I have dated has done this to me and it aggravates me to no end.

I'll ask if they (girlfriend at the time) would like me to pick them up something to eat. They refuse so I go on my merry way. Upon returning with my fine cuisine, its starred upon by the moping snarl of my lady friend. Then she proceeds to ask if she may have some WHILE her hand is already in my plate. WHY do women do this ALL the time (at least in my experience)?
Sometimes watching someone eat and the aroma of really good food reminds us that we're hungry after all.

I've done this with my husband but so has he, with me. Now we don't ask each other and just bring or order enough for each other anyway. Worst case scenario, it goes in the fridge and gets reheated later.

Last edited by robee70; 12-30-2010 at 04:28 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 03:59 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,486 times
I'm having flashbacks of a sushi dinner I had years ago with one of my friends.

I won't go into it, but she now knows that I don't like to share

Courtney

Old 12-30-2010, 04:16 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:

I don't know who you are reffering to, but I never say "no" to food! If someone offers to pick up some food for me, I'm always down and I don't pick from someone else's plate.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Lick your food if they get near it.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:28 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
cough on it right when you open it, and say "ugh i think i have the flu", that should do it.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:52 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:

Easy, your food has no calories! My mom does this all the time and it drives me crazy! As for me I'm not a scavenger, at all.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 AM

727 posts, read 540,413 times
I do not want to touch anyones food... Most of because my taste is so different than others. Guys usually end up to eat my vegan pizza because it is so delicious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships