Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,879 times

Advertisements

How Precious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
A Facebook friend (and casual real-life acquaintance) of mine recently had a baby. Of course, her FB page is now littered with endless photos of her new little flesh-loaf and I am sorry to say, the child is NOT attractive.

Mind you, the kid isn't UGLY per se, but it looks like it just "isn't right" if you get my meaning.

Whenever the photos are posted there are tons of "oogie boogie" comments about how precious and beautiful the kid is. I feel compelled to say SOMETHING, but what? I can't very well put what I am thinking into words. Yet, I am the ONLY FB friend who has not made any comment about the kid since she brought it home more than three weeks ago.

Any ideas?

20yrsinBranson
It's pretty funny you should post this topic. Somebody I know had this horrible looking baby and sent the pictures to everyone. Of course, I did not say anything... but later on when I talked to her she was telling me how appalled she was when she first saw her own baby because it was so ugly and the head was so deformed from the birth trauma. But the kid is cute now.

I think most moms totally know when their newborns are ugly... but the maternal instinct is stronger. Most newborns are hideous but usually turn out cute by 1 year of age. They are like hideous dogs - cute in their hideous ways, I suppose.

I would probably just bite my tongue... "Precious" is a good word... for Gollum baby. hehe.

Frankly, I'm scared of babies, kittens, puppies, baby chicks... baby anythings... they look like aliens to me with their huge heads and thin bodies. Whenever people offer to have me hold their babies, I refuse.

Last edited by miyu; 01-18-2011 at 12:07 AM..

Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Congratulations. No need to offer a banana to the monkey. My brother about got me thrown out of a wedding commenting on an ugly baby... I shouldn't have agreed so readily.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:10 AM

346 posts, read 968,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
breathtaking

epic post ^^^

Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Quote:
A Facebook friend (and casual real-life acquaintance) of mine recently had a baby. Of course, her FB page is now littered with endless photos of her new little flesh-loaf and I am sorry to say, the child is NOT attractive.

Mind you, the kid isn't UGLY per se, but it looks like it just "isn't right" if you get my meaning.

Whenever the photos are posted there are tons of "oogie boogie" comments about how precious and beautiful the kid is. I feel compelled to say SOMETHING, but what? I can't very well put what I am thinking into words. Yet, I am the ONLY FB friend who has not made any comment about the kid since she brought it home more than three weeks ago.

Any ideas?

20yrsinBranson
Here's an idea. Just say...oh he/she looks just like you! (the mother)

Old 01-18-2011, 12:28 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
breathtaking

And sn"ugly".....LOL

Old 01-18-2011, 01:54 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Any ideas?
  • "It has such BEAUTIFUL tentacles!"
  • "I'm glad s/he recovered after being mauled by that dog"
  • "Well...that's...certainly a baby..."
  • "Nice blanket!"
  • "Mind if I pet your monkey?"
  • "I hope you've got a lot of money..."

Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 AM

116 posts, read 179,929 times
I can relate with your situation. My cousin gave birth to a very hideous baby a few years back, and everyone was passing it around like a joint. When it was my turn, it took everything in me to conceal my disgust. I complimented how quiet and well behaved it was... Honestly, I don't see the cuteness in human babies. They look like fetuses.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
I've never seen a very ugly baby, or toddler. I honestly think they are all inherently sweet and beautiful, even the first days after being born!

Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
Quote:
breathtaking

Perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships