Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:22 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
I won't lie, for as level headed as I believe myself to be, I can't help but wish my ex would be hit by a bus. I know it's an irrational feeling devoid of any pragmatic thinking but gee whiz, if I were to read about it I can honestly say I wouldn't feel about about it.

Nope..I leave the past in the past..if I let any thought of them wether its negative or positive enter my thoughts then they have some power over me.
I cant stand my ex..he's stupid but he is a good dad and thats all that matters to me.
Its not good to wish someone harm..no matter what..that person has people that love him, imagine how their lives would be affected if he was hit by a bus ??? even if you dont, so your wishing bad on others when they did no wrong to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
hmm, physical harm, no, not at all, especially when I worried sick about his safety with his military deployments when we were together.

Emotional harm? yes please! I hope the next girl breaks his heart in the exact same way he broke mine and all the girls before me. I think that is the only way he will learn. I know it won't happen though so I don't think about it other than the fact that this thread title got me thinking about it.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
I agree with you completely. I'm not acting out or anything. I do live a good live and I'm getting married in a few short months to a wonderful woman. In fact, I'm happier now than I ever remember being in my previous relationship.

I just wondered if I was alone in wishing ill will to an ex.
Sure. No one is saying you would do anything.

I think a lot of people who have been severely wronged by someone experience a good dose of anger at some point. It's part of grieving. There's nothing wrong with it, nor is it a sign that someone needs to see a shrink. If anything, a funny revenge fantasy can be good for you, the more ridiculous, the better.

She gets hit by a bus, but it's the Bus of Bad Taste and she pops back up looking like [URL="http://www.uglydress.com/noname.html"]Prince threw up on her[/URL].

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I won't lie, for as level headed as I believe myself to be, I can't help but wish my ex would be hit by a bus. I know it's an irrational feeling devoid of any pragmatic thinking but gee whiz, if I were to read about it I can honestly say I wouldn't feel about about it.

I think it is fairly normal.
We (my grown kids and bf) have on several occasions sitting around the fire pit, murdered and disposed of the bodies of my ex and my son's ex in various and sundry was. I call it therapy. Of course we would never act on these thoughts.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,961 times
And that's when I'll discover that revenge is sweet, as I sit there applaudin' from a front row seat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MXZCecet-s

Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You have never wished anything bad on someone that hurt you down to the core of your being? Or maybe you have never been hurt that way for which you should consider yourself very fortunate and not judge others!
No I have not wished bad on anyone who wronged me, in fact I have always wished them good. Oh, and I believe I can do whatever I want to do including judging others, sorry.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You have never wished anything bad on someone that hurt you down to the core of your being? Or maybe you have never been hurt that way for which you should consider yourself very fortunate and not judge others!
I don't know about MissLucky, but I HAVE been hurt down to the very core, and I was able to forgive and let go. Wishing bad things for someone else is self destructive. Your wishes will not hurt the other person. But they indicate you are carrying hatred and anger inside you, which you would be better off shedding.

I don't have time to type my whole story here, but 56 days before my wedding years ago, two police detectives walked into my office and asked to talk with me. I discovered that day that the man I thought was the love of my life had done some very, very bad things, and that just about every word he ever uttered to me was a lie. I told the detectives where they could find him, and a few hours later he was in their custody. He spent the next 20 years in prison. I did NOT want him back in my life, but I forgave him and wished him well. To this day, I occasionally think of him and say a little prayer that he has straightened himself out and, wherever he is presently, he is staying out of trouble and is leading a decent and productive life. Harboring hatred for him would only hurt me. I wish him only the best.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
How about husband having an affair with one of your friends, hitting on babysitters, etc? Yeah, been there. I'm just not the type to wish people bad things, that's all. It keeps me at peace and is in line with my faith. End of story.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Well I guess everybody on here is a saint except for me and a few others. I'm not telling the OP to spend every waking moment hoping some evil will befall his ex! Just that to me it's normal to have those fleeting moments and not to think he needs mental help or prayers!! I'm sure we all could use prayers but not because of these sorts of thoughts!!

Old 01-26-2011, 04:00 PM

232 posts, read 676,569 times
I've wished physical harm on many people, but never an ex. I guess I'm just lucky to not have any bad relationships in my past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships