Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 07:48 AM

817 posts, read 811,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Grasshopper, you really do come off as such a twerp. Your analogy between dating and job hunting is ridiculous. And as far as your "type" being hard to find, you have such an excessive and obsessive list of musts that no woman could possibly fit. Good Lord, she wears the wrong kind of shoes and she's out.

You're not exactly God's gift, no sparkling Adonis for sure but your demands are pretty daft.

Spoken like a true misogynist. Somehow I don't think you gave up on dating but dating gave up on you.
I don't date shallow women, sorry, I am too good for women whose qualities of an ideal man include his ability to be an a**hole, or the one's that are too hung up on measuring each man's tool size before they even get to talk to him, I think most people in the world suck anyway.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
If you're a men and frustrated at being single then please post in this thread. We can share tips and hints on getting out of this sad situation.

I'm 20 and I'm at college. I've never had a girlfriend and it's pretty depressing.

I'm not interested in going to clubs or bars so it's difficult to find girls. I've been to a bar once at 12:00AM and most of the girls there are either with a boyfriend or with a gigantic group of other girls.

I'm pretty average. I'm not looking to date hot girls but just average girls. It's just shocking to find how hard it is to find a girlfriend. I've tried, I've gotten rejected several times and I'm about to give up meeting girls the normal way.

I'm trying to improve my body by going to the gym more often and eating less meat.

I might try some PUA techniques soon. I think they are ridiculous but it's analogous to a terminal patient wanting to try out a new medical procedure from Russia. Being desperate makes a person take more risks.

I'm going to try this out and I'll probably report in two weeks.

Where to meet girls - Fast Seduction 101 Player Guide
You have to learn how to be alone and enjoy the company you keep, before you start meeting people, otherwise, your dating, just to get out of the house, or fear of doing things on your own, without a date...which is no reason to date....someone will end up getting hurt....

If your desperate, your going to take the first person who comes along, and make mistakes in choices...big time....

Old 03-15-2011, 04:17 PM

59 posts, read 104,545 times
I can't believe all these young guys here desperate for a date! I find that hard to believe. Let me tell you there are just as many single women out there looking for a guy.
Let me ask you, are you looking for an extremely goodlooking woman, or would you date a woman that was a little bit chubby? Would you date a woman that was just average looking?
Women have this dating problem also and think that the guys just want a perfect, beautiful woman.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM

59 posts, read 104,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Yes, that's because most women these days are very shallow to the point of being extremely materialistic and impractical, they all expect some knight in shining armor to come and take them off their feet, without giving any importance to practical considerations, any man who is career oriented, or talks sensibly is immediately branded as being boring, and most women go after manipulative men who end up dumping them pretty soon, somehow, women like that, and are desperate to get attention from these so called bad boys, also, it's not the size of the muscle but the strength of it that should matter, however, most women are just after size and show in a man, not his substance, I am a man of substance, but I know most women would reject me because I behave very politely and I am not a game playing manipulative a**hole, that's the reason I have given up on dating, and I don't think it would work for a man who is logical, judicious and possesses wisdom, dating is fun only for men who screw women and dump them. No wonder we see so many single mommas these days.
That's such a stereotype that women just want money. All the women I know just want a man to have a job and a good work ethic.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
ehh im used to it now being 30 and never been in one i cant imagine life in a relationship..

Im kinda laid back and shy especialy when it comes to approaching strange women so its hard for me..the few times i did it i got rejected harshly..it seems these days even average women are really picky..

Ive pretty much given up..im not willing to get rejected by hundreds of women in hope one says yes to just out on one date..And if it doesnt work to go through a few hundred more to another yes in hopes it works out..

Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,715,086 times
Quote:
Whereas there's no clear-cut route to finding a woman. Some people say do this, then others counter that it's a terrible idea, then a third party comes up with their own thoughts, and you suffocate from the information overload. Some will say to use PUA techniques while others say to just be yourself. Vague instructions abound as well ("improve yourself").
All of those PUA techniques are stupid. I'm turning 28 at the end of the month and every single success that I've had in my lifetime with women was from girls that made it easy for me to get with them. If a girl really likes you, you don't have to try that hard, in my experience. All of the girls I have dated reciprocated when I would call them and text message them and they were just as interested in me as I was in them. These girls aren't easy to find either. Last year, I must have gotten over 20+ phone numbers from different women over a six month period, but only one of those women actually picked up the phone when I called and actually went out on dates with me. Trying to make an uninterested woman fall madly in love with you isn't realistic. If you can make it happen, it is dumb luck. A girl that gives you her number and never picks up when you call or text message and acts disinterested around you will never want to be with you. Even seasoned players that get a lot of girls know that picking up women is a numbers game and you have face a lot of blatant rejection from tons of women before having even one success with one girl. Sorta like that one episode of King of the Hill when the player Boomhauer revealed his secret technique of getting all the girls was simply going to the mall and hollering at every girl in sight with the same corny line and getting painfully rejected by twenty women until he got one phone number. And no, I don't care what some pasty wiry creep in a purple cape and matching Joker suit says about being a Don Juan like he's the Harry Potter of getting punany or something. Absolutely laughable. A woman that plays with your head, plays way too hard to get and makes you feel bad about yourself for whatever reason is not worth your time no matter what she looks like. The handful of girlfriends I had treated me like a king and showered me with attention. None of them were centerfolds or beauty queens but we had good friendships, made each other laugh, felt comfortable around each other which made our romance great.

However, I dropped the last girl I was seeing a year ago to spend more time working on myself. Honestly, I also dropped her because I felt like I could do better because I have very high standards. I'm not even looking for a woman right now. I'm more focused on finding ways to make a better living for myself as a recent college graduate. I think this is something that frustrates many young men the most. Many of us feel that the women that we lust for and dream about won't want us until we are completely scrilla'd out and making big bucks.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 03-15-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
All of those PUA techniques are stupid. I'm turning 28 at the end of the month and every single success that I've had in my lifetime with women was from girls that made it easy for me to get with them. If a girl really likes you, you don't have to try that hard, in my experience. All of the girls I have dated reciprocated when I would call them and text message them and they were just as interested in me as I was in them. These girls aren't easy to find either. Last year, I must have gotten over 20+ phone numbers from different women over a six month period, but only one of those women actually picked up the phone when I called and actually went out on dates with me. Trying to make an uninterested woman fall madly in love with you isn't realistic. If you can make it happen, it is dumb luck. A girl that gives you her number and never picks up when you call or text message and acts disinterested around you will never want to be with you. Even seasoned players that get a lot of girls know that picking up women is a numbers game and you have face a lot of blatant rejection from tons of women before having even one success with one girl. Sorta like that one episode of King of the Hill when the player Boomhauer revealed his secret technique of getting all the girls was simply going to the mall and hollering at every girl in sight with the same corny line and getting painfully rejected by twenty women until he got one phone number. And no, I don't care what some pasty wiry creep in a purple cape and matching Joker suit says about being a Don Juan like he's the Harry Potter of getting punany or something. Absolutely laughable. A woman that plays with your head, plays way too hard to get and makes you feel bad about yourself for whatever reason is not worth your time no matter what she looks like. The handful of girlfriends I had treated me like a king and showered me with attention. None of them were centerfolds or beauty queens but we had good friendships, made each other laugh, felt comfortable around each other which made our romance great.

However, I dropped the last girl I was seeing a year ago to spend more time working on myself. Honestly, I also dropped her because I felt like I could do better because I have very high standards. I'm not even looking for a woman right now. I'm more focused on finding ways to make a better living for myself as a recent college graduate. I think this is something that frustrates many young men the most. Many of us feel that the women that we lust for and dream about won't want us until we are completely scrilla'd out and making big bucks.
I agree you cant force women to like you..But as you also painted the picture its way too much effort to find women especially for guys who arent in high demand..

As i said i dont feel like getting rejected hundreds of times in hopes on says yes then if that doesnt work out repeat the process of numerous rejections

Women have it much easier..

Old 03-15-2011, 08:18 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Get a good job and stuff your undies ...
women like men who are very well endowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I agree you cant force women to like you..But as you also painted the picture its way too much effort to find women especially for guys who arent in high demand..

As i said i dont feel like getting rejected hundreds of times in hopes on says yes then if that doesnt work out repeat the process of numerous rejections

Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,715,086 times
Quote:

I don't take it personal when I get rejected by women. There aren't even many women who I consider to be genuinely attractive where I live in the DC area. If I lived in NYC, Miami or I still lived in California it would be different. Most girls out here aren't that cute, or even have friendly personalities, and I will get their numbers just as an ego boost and I don't care if they reject me later.

I don't know if women really have it that much easier. Men are visual creatures and are not as forgiving in the looks department as women. Compared to men, much more women are displeased by the way that they look. It must suck being a woman because they are constantly bombarded with unrealistic images of super curvy seductresses on TV and they always feel like they don't measure up. The average woman in America, or anywhere in the world, doesn't look like a video girl or an airbrushed image of an internet bikini model. With men, it is much easier to get the type of woman you want if you are rich, have a luxury car and live in a big house in an upscale neighborhood. With unattractive women, no amount of money will ignite that primal lust in men. I don't think many men are pleasuring themselves to thoughts of rich women like Oprah.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 PM

22 posts, read 38,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

I'm sorry but that post just reads weakness. There is no escaping rejection. Doesn't matter how confident you are, you always feel rejection. Not just relationships but life in general. You cannot let that stop you. This reminds me of that speech rocky gave in the last installment of the saga:
Quote:
The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Specifically, it is the attractive women who have it easier because guys (both unattractive and attractive) will generally focus on approaching them. Since traditionally guys take the initiative and women wait for guys to approach, this leaves the unattractive women kind of powerless (of course they can take initiative but...). The advantage guys have is they can always try (both unattractive and attractive) if they have the confidence to do so. Though hopefully this will change with time...it would help both sexes have an easier time getting what they want haha.

Last edited by DJIntegrity; 03-15-2011 at 11:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships