Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Don't worry about it, a better man will come along. A man who isn't too afraid to ask a woman out.
Does it mean women are always afraid? since they don't ask men out. This is a two way street but women seem to rather take the comfy seat.

Maybe a woman will do more than just sit there and by the time you decide to "man up" (since bravery, risk taking, etc. seems to be a man virtue, or women make it sound like it) it will be too late and will be going out with another girl.

I guess this proves my point that women, generally, rather have men ask them out, take care of them, and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Does it mean women are always afraid? since they don't ask men out. This is a two way street but women seem to rather take the comfy seat.

Maybe a woman will do more than just sit there and by the time you decide to "man up" (since bravery, risk taking, etc. seems to be a man virtue, or women make it sound like it) it will be too late and will be going out with another girl.

I guess this proves my point that women, generally, rather have men ask them out, take care of them, and so on.
I agree somewhat with what you're saying. I think if you're interested in someone and they seem interested, why not stick your neck out and make inquiries to see if they are interested?

Makes no sense to me to make someone do all the work and you won't meet them halfway.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
I dont know about women. I only know about me. If a man likes me , he is going to ask me out. If I go and ask him out, I will upset the natural courting process. I do not ask men out. It is a personal preference, if women do good for them.

I do not like it. So

Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 AM

well update: We meet with another girl and he came over and we were talking about my house. So he said "Are you subliminally inviting me over" and I was like "NO"

And then I mentioned I want to place pavers in my new patio and he said " I can do that for you if you clean my office" and I said, I am not cleaning your office....

So in other words, if you want to see me outside of here, you are going to have to ask me out. I wont be doing the asking.

But I do think he likes me.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
well update: We meet with another girl and he came over and we were talking about my house. So he said "Are you subliminally inviting me over" and I was like "NO"

And then I mentioned I want to place pavers in my new patio and he said " I can do that for you if you clean my office" and I said, I am not cleaning your office....

So in other words, if you want to see me outside of here, you are going to have to ask me out. I wont be doing the asking.

But I do think he likes me.
You're blowing it, Carol. When he said about inviting him over, I would have laughed and said Yeah, come on over or something like that.

And again about the pavers, I would have laughed and said, yeah, let me get cleaning your office right now and let me know when you're coming to my house in a joking way.

Don't be so prim and proper. Joke with him. You have to meet him halfway, Carol, he is giving you hints that he likes you and you're giving him NO HINTS at all.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:18 AM

I am giving him hints... I am being nice... He has to build up some confidence and ask me out on a date... If it is too easy for him he will not appreciate it as much

So in a way I am doing him a favor.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
I am giving him hints... I am being nice... He has to build up some confidence and ask me out on a date... If it is too easy for him he will not appreciate it as much

Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:

When he said he wanted to help you with your project...... "that was one tactic!" Jeez, some people need to read my thread! LOL

Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 AM

614 posts, read 1,376,189 times
You both work in an office? You know the HR department well? If it goes wrong it could be a problem, if it goes well then you might have a new BF. If you have other office friends there you should get a few to hang out and ask him to go too. I mean you can ask some people to hang out right? get a drink after work.

Or you can email me his email address give me your name and I'll let him know whats up! lol

Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
When he said he wanted to help you with your project...... "that was one tactic!" Jeez, some people need to read my thread! LOL
He has to ask me out on a date... period.

You guys need to read the rules

"lets hang out" is not a date

If he likes me enough he will ask me out. If not , next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships