Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
So you guys better not send any inappropriate emails to Annie!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I never send any other kind - oh, well, time for a new hobby.

Oh drat it, MM - he would have been disappointed!

But I'm back - early. I had a coronary cath that the doctor expected to be a lot more involved - it wasn't and I have good news. So I'm home but not staying on long. They put a molly bolt in me and it hurts to sit! Talk to y'all soon.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
God, the more threads I read the more I'm convinced there's only male garbage out there!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:27 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
God, the more threads I read the more I'm convinced there's only male garbage out there!
If they're really for true, I feel bad for all the dudes who don't know any women who aren't horrible people, and who've never been in or seen a functional happy relationship.

I made a vow not to get into pointless arguments with people who have dumb ideas, and found that there's not much else going on here.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If they're really for true, I feel bad for all the dudes who don't know any women who aren't horrible people, and who've never been in or seen a functional happy relationship.
The misogynistic dudes posting here I'm already used to. I had in mind more the threads posted by women about the "treasures" they have!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
The misogynistic dudes posting here I'm already used to. I had in mind more the threads posted by women about the "treasures" they have!
Oh, them. They must be the bad boys who are getting all the women.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good post and good points.

I'm a rich man in a rich country, surrounded by people who love me....

You're gonna make me cry.....

Can't do that though... I wouldn't be a real man....
You're a real man even when you wear those thigh high boots. Cheer up.

Quote:
Thank you, Temp! I should come up with some vacation idea some time soon. Perhaps I should book Somalia...
No, don't book Somalia. You don't want to get shot!

Quote:
It's so true Temptation....

Every time I watch on the news what's going on, I feel so sad for those people. I can't imagine surviving something like this.
Unfortunately, it's a struggle to survive when this happens. But most people don't want to die, so they cling to any hope no matter how obscure. Just yesterday they found a woman in the ruins after all these days. She's an elderly 70 year old. Times are tough for them. first the earthquake, then the tsunami, then the snow, then the nuclear plant forced evacuations, now the radiation they found in the food and water supply. It's one thing after another.There has been talk about the US getting radiation all the way over here, as well. Either someone steps in and contains it or pretty soon there will be a worldwide catastrophe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Oh drat it, MM - he would have been disappointed!

But I'm back - early. I had a coronary cath that the doctor expected to be a lot more involved - it wasn't and I have good news. So I'm home but not staying on long. They put a molly bolt in me and it hurts to sit! Talk to y'all soon.
Get better soon, Annie!

Quote:
Do you guys know anyone who had recovered from synthetic heroin addiction? My husband reconnected or better said "found" his half-siblings last year. When he met the youngest sister, she was recovering from this addiction, then she fell off the wagon and ended up in jail. Now, she is back and trying to rebuild her life. I heard it's practically impossible to recover from this.
She is such a beautiful girl, it's heartbreaking.
I don't know anyone, but I know it is very sad indeed.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:48 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
OY what a bargain!

Funniest personal ad I read in a while on that thread!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Wow, that's freaky! Well done, though! You planning on one like that, dear...?
Planning?!? That's ME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020
Nope... 5 2's for a 10
Wow...just...wow...

My old saying - "if you can't get quality, go for quantity".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle
I made a vow not to get into pointless arguments with people who have dumb ideas, and found that there's not much else going on here.
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama
Do you guys know anyone who had recovered from synthetic heroin addiction?
Not heroin, but I know a few that are heavy users of synthetic coke - those bath salts. Bad scene - VERY bad. One guy was arrested on the bridge up the street from the club in broad daylight, walking totally naked and using his hand as a cell phone. It led to a Sunday cover article in the local paper about the effects and prices of these fake drugs and their easy availability.

IMO, they're just as bad - if not worse - than the real things.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
No, don't book Somalia. You don't want to get shot!
Good grief, Temp, I was joking. Coming back from there would make me happy, though, I'd hope.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
Cant say as though Somalia sounds to good for a visit but Cozumel (spelling?) sounds nice. Still havent figured out where I am going after the season ends here. I would guess a month remains and I will have to have figured it out. I'm going to hit the Seattle area and touch bases with family then go out to storage where I already have a bag packed. Strictly t-shirts and so on, I may not know where I'm going but I am confident there will be palm trees there.

@sierra ALL the males cant be garbage. Surely one monkey will bring you fruit which he has lovingly rinsed.

@phil Did the boots fit?

@mm Be prepared for heartache. Seriously, be prepared, its all bad if she continues to use and there is no way to know where the end lies once you have gone down the rabbit hole. It is not pleasant to see someone you love destroyed, worse to feel love die. If there is an intention to become involved in this you and your husband should seek professional guidance before hand so you can avoid enabling behaviors. See this to its end and you will likely face guilt and other powerful emotions that you are going to have to deal with. There are a lot of avenues to reach counceling for yourself and your husband, do not hesitate to avail yourselves of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships